What Politicians Don’t Understand About The War In Afghanistan

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
7196877808_0e5d10d0f6_h-840x420.jpg

This is one of the best assessments of our military efforts in the Middle East of any I've encountered. It centers on Afghanistan but could be dealing with every other country in the area. The general consensus of this writer?

Afghanistan’s struggle is, and always has been, a local conflict in which the United States offers a bludgeon at best. The Afghan government relies on us to fill its coffers, back its efforts, and grant it international legitimacy. The opposition relies on us to make lethal mistakes to justify their propaganda, filling their coffers and acquiring international legitimacy of a different sort.

And it's cost us 2,400 lives and countless wounded. For what?

Read this excellent piece @ What Politicians Don’t Understand About The War In Afghanistan

7196877808_0e5d10d0f6_h-840x420.jpg

This is one of the best assessments of our military efforts in the Middle East of any I've encountered. It centers on Afghanistan but could be dealing with every other country in the area. The general consensus of this writer?

Afghanistan’s struggle is, and always has been, a local conflict in which the United States offers a bludgeon at best. The Afghan government relies on us to fill its coffers, back its efforts, and grant it international legitimacy. The opposition relies on us to make lethal mistakes to justify their propaganda, filling their coffers and acquiring international legitimacy of a different sort.

And it's cost us 2,400 lives and countless wounded. For what?

Read this excellent piece @ What Politicians Don’t Understand About The War In Afghanistan

Afghanistan nor Iraq should ever have been invaded, it was a colossal mistake from GWB and his English little dog Tony Blair, it was done because of September 11th, yet not ONE of those September 11th perpetrators was from either Afghanistan or Iraq.

IF they had the testicles Saudi Arabia would have been invaded and then later on Pakistan would have been invaded for the Southern portion Lahore and area harbouring tons of Al-Qaeda. Neither Saudi Arabia or Pakistan are friends of the West and those who foolishly think that they are are, well foolish.

There is nothing to understand about Afshittystan. It's a shithole where we never should have gone in the first place. Did my time...fuuuuuck that place.

There is nothing to understand about Afshittystan. It's a shithole where we never should have gone in the first place. Did my time...fuuuuuck that place.

I would really love to read your comments about that place and the people. We're in the 21st century and they're still living in mud huts and pooping in the streets.

I would really love to read your comments about that place and the people. We're in the 21st century and they're still living in mud huts and pooping in the streets.
Well buddy. I can most surely answer some questions you have about old Afghanistan. I pulled advisor duty there for a year. Though my Afghan Team were pretty good by their countries' standards they were still Afghan at the end of the day. I liked them though. Old buzzards that had been around the block a time or four.

Forum List

Back