What Other State, Other than US and Israel Is Expected To Declare Their Plans

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
after an attack? We are not speaking of pre-emption here:

http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1150885981850&pagename=JPost/JPArticle/ShowFull

One person was killed and twelve were wounded - one seriously - when four Hizbullah-fired Katyusha rockets landed in central Nahariya on Thursday morning. A rocket scored a direct hit on a house killing its inhabitant.

Residents of the North were asked to remain in bomb shelters in anticipation of further attacks.

Nahariya is the farthest city Hizbullah has managed to reach thus far.

Meanwhile, IAF fighter jets bombed runways at Beirut International Airport early Thursday morning. It was part of a military campaign which the IDF vowed would be harsh and quick against the Lebanese government and Hizbullah, which killed eight IDF soldiers and kidnapped two others along the northern border on Wednesday.

Al-Jazeera television network reported that 15 people were killed in the airstrike.

The IDF said that the airport was targeted because it was used by Hizbullah to import weapons.

The IAF attack forced the closure of the airport and the diversion of two flights to Cyprus.

Meeting in emergency session late Wednesday, the Cabinet approved IDF plans to target the airport and other strategic infrastructures inside Lebanon including power plants.

Earlier Thursday morning, several Katyusha rockets, fired by Hizbullah from southern Lebanon, landed on an IDF base in Mount Meron on Thursday morning. No one was wounded and no damage was reported. Hizbullah also shelled the Western Galilee with mortars. No one was wounded and no damage was reported.

In southern Lebanon, at least 27 civilians were reported killed overnight Wednesday in IAF attacks, including a family of 12 in the village of Dweir, leading TV station LBC reported. The IAF struck a Hizbullah post and two bridges in southern Lebanon as the number of targets hit by the Airforce since fighting erupted after the kidnapping of two IDF soldiers, reached into the hundreds.

red states rule said:
Isaeli forces KNOW how to deal with murderous terrorists

Leave it France, the Useless Nations, and panty wearing liberals to BASH Israel for fighting back!

I did not see any bashing in that article. I was not aware that Isreal was taking any diplomatic heat for this, can you provide a link?

deaddude said:
I did not see any bashing in that article. I was not aware that Isreal was taking any diplomatic heat for this, can you provide a link?

The Useless Nations is attacking Isreal for defending itself. Leave it to the panty wearing liberals.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5150840.stm
UN envoy attacks Israel over Gaza

An emergency meeting of the UN's new human rights body on the Gaza crisis has heard condemnation of Israeli policy and its effects on civilians.
Israel was violating in Gaza the "most fundamental norms of humanitarian law and human rights law", UN envoy John Dugard told the special session.

But Israel, which threatens to broaden military action, said the Human Rights Council was ignoring its concerns.

The meeting was called by Muslim states with support from Russia and others.

UN aid agencies warn of a humanitarian crisis in the territory as Israel confronts the Hamas-led government.

Food and medicines are running low, and there have been power and water shortages since the Israelis began military action last Tuesday.

Bridges have been bombed along with the Strip's only power station.

Aid workers had cautiously welcomed the debate in Geneva but feared it might become bogged down in a political slanging match, the BBC's Imogen Foulkes reports.

'Bombarded and terrorised'

Mr Dugard, the keynote UN speaker, told the session that Israel's conduct was "morally indefensible".

Over 1,500 rounds of artillery have been showered on Gaza," he said.

"Sonic booms terrorise the people. Transport has been seriously disrupted by the destruction of roads and bridges. Sanitation is threatened."

While expressing sympathy for the Israeli soldier whose capture sparked Israel's offensive last week, he said that Israel's military action was a "disproportionate use of force against civilians".

Mr Dugard, a UN special rapporteur on human rights in Gaza, also accused the so-called Quartet of Mid-East mediators - the US, EU, UN and Russia - of failing to rein in Israel.

'Absurd' meeting

Itzhak Levanon, Israel's ambassador to the UN in Geneva, said the session was a "planned and premeditated" attack on his country.

And he suggested the newly created Council was continuing the alleged anti-Israeli bias of its discredited predecessor, the Human Rights Commission.

"We find ourselves in an absurd situation in which the Human Rights Council, convened into urgent session, ignores the rights of one side and holds a special meeting to defend the rights of the other side," he said.

The United States has also suggested that the Council is returning to what they see as the bad old ways of the discredited Human Rights Commission.

That body often focused on Israel's alleged human rights abuses, while ignoring serious violations in other parts of the world, our correspondent notes.

The special session may run into Thursday, diplomats say.

Inevitable debate

Given the situation in Gaza, there was never much chance that the subject would be ignored by the UN's top human rights body, the BBC's Imogen Foulkes in Geneva says.

The request submitted by the Organisation of the Islamic Conference - a group of 57 largely Muslim states - argued there was a "serious and escalating situation" in Gaza.

The resolution being debated calls on "Israel, the occupying power, [to] end its military operations in the occupied Palestinian territory... and refrain from imposing collective punishment on Palestinian civilians".

Meanwhile, Israel's security cabinet instructed the army to begin a long battle focusing on "institutions and infrastructure facilitating terrorism" in response to a Palestinian rocket attack on the Israeli city of Ashkelon

Nothing new there. The world only tolerates Jews when they're oppressed and hates them when they respond. Wrecks all those stereotypes.

By the way, it's I-S-R-A-E-L, not Isreal.

jillian said:
Nothing new there. The world only tolerates Jews when they're oppressed and hates them when they respond. Wrecks all those stereotypes.

By the way, it's I-S-R-A-E-L, not Isreal.

You mean nothing new from panty wearing libs who want to talk and reason with terrorists

red states rule said:
You mean nothing new from panty wearing libs who want to talk and reason with terrorists

Why don't you get out of your usual "I'll do nothing but insult "libs" mode and try ... just try, making a real point for a change. It's in there somewhere.

Now, you're talking about the extreme left of the Democratic party which sucks on this issue. It's not a "lib" issue, though, it's a "world" issue. They romanticize the Palestinian plight and stopped supporting the Jewish State sometime during the first intifada. Part of that comes from anti-semitism, but not all. Part of it comes from them no longer seeing Israel as underdogs. Part of it comes from romanticizing the Palestinians as "freedom fighters". And part of it comes from a lack of understanding of the genesis of the conflict.

Do try again. I'm rooting for you.

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
jillian said:
Why don't you get out of your usual "I'll do nothing but insult "libs" mode and try ... just try, making a real point for a change. It's in there somewhere.

Now, you're talking about the extreme left of the Democratic party which sucks on this issue. It's not a "lib" issue, though, it's a "world" issue. They romanticize the Palestinian plight and stopped supporting the Jewish State sometime during the first intifada. Part of that comes from anti-semitism, but not all. Part of it comes from them no longer seeing Israel as underdogs. Part of it comes from romanticizing the Palestinians as "freedom fighters". And part of it comes from a lack of understanding of the genesis of the conflict.

Do try again. I'm rooting for you.

We can learn alot from Israel. First they had a buffer zone but weak politicians forced them to give it up

Then they pulled out of Gaza

Rockets flew into Israel.

Israel gave up 1000 prisoners for 3 or 4 soldiers who were taken prisoner.

You cannot talk to terrorists - much like how libs want us to reason with those who want to kill us

Israel will not read the terrorists their "rights' and neither should we

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
jillian said:

Hey now - Don't get YOURS in a bunch...There is NOTHING wrong with liberal WOMEN wearing panties.. :)

Or, if they happen to be hot, not-wearing them

:D

You are EXACTLY right. Libs Romanticize the PLO, and their terrorists. It's true, what was mentioned above - The world hates the two countries closest to God.

dmp said:
Hey now - Don't get YOURS in a bunch...There is NOTHING wrong with liberal WOMEN wearing panties.. :)

:D

You are EXACTLY right. Libs Romanticize the PLO, and their terrorists. It's true, what was mentioned above - The world hates the two countries closest to God.

I have not seen to many good looking liberal women. Most look like Barbara Mikulski.

dmp said:

:D[/QUOTE[

lol...

I don't know about that. But I do know that a lot of effort was made to propagandize the "plight" of the "poor Palestinians". That said, I have always supported a two-state solution. Seems Golda Meir was right though, "the Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity for peace".

jillian said:
dmp said:

:D[/QUOTE[

lol...

I don't know about that. But I do know that a lot of effort was made to propagandize the "plight" of the "poor Palestinians". That said, I have always supported a two-state solution. Seems Golda Meir was right though, "the Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity for peace".

Dems have bashed Jews for years. I will never understand why blacks and Jews vote for Dems.All they do is insult them and take them for everything they can get

red states rule said:
jillian said:
Dems have bashed Jews for years. I will never understand why blacks and Jews vote for Dems.All they do is insult them and take them for everything they can get

Israel is ONE issue and, again, it's only the EXTREMISTS who are horrible on the issue. Personally, I don't understand how anyone who isn't rich, white and Christian can ever be a republican.... at least in its current incarnation.

As for hot Dem chicks... Natalie Portman, Fergie from the Black-Eyed Peas, Alyssa Milano, Jessica Biel, Heather Graham, Jenny McCarthy, Gwyneth Paltrow, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Sharon Stone, Charlize Theron, Reese Witherspoon, Kirsten Dunst, Sheryl Crow.

Nah...no one hot there! lol... And the hot men are ALL Dems. :)

Who do you have, Annie Coulter the he-she?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Democrat_celebrities

red states rule said:

um hmmmmmmmm, uh lets see people who often bash jews on this board: rtwngavngr and William Joyce.

Both of whom are conservatives.

deaddude said:
um hmmmmmmmm, uh lets see people who often bash jews on this board: rtwngavngr and William Joyce.

Both of whom are conservatives.
I don't know what your classification of 'conservative' is, but mine does not include closing markets and assigning categories of people based on religion, skin color, etc.

Forum List

Back