What objection can there be to solving simple poverty in a market friendly manner?

What do you mean by "solve simple poverty"? You say it all the time and never define it. It means nothing.
I asked him that same question months ago. Why no concern over "complex poverty", and what is the difference?
The three main ingredients of a Danielpalos word salad:
1. At will employment
2. Equal protection of laws
3. Solve simple poverty

Mix incoherently with bits of lazy entitlement mentality, ad hominem, and virtue signaling for best results.

They promote business friendly policies and the reduction of government.
How do they do that with poverty wages that may require those actually employed to seek social services and that form of Big Government nanny-Statism? Are you sure you are simply being a right winger about this? Raising the minimum wage can actually help lower the cost of Government while generating more tax revenue in the process.
I agree that a fully employed person should be making a living wage for the area they live in. And for places that don't do that I would absolutely support raising the min wage.

gee----I started babysitting ----saturday nites---for 50 cents per hour at age 14. I was
DESPERATE for a job of ANY KIND. If those people who hired me had to pay me 15 dollars per hour-------it wouldn't happen and I would not have a dime. Believe it or not --MY DESPERATION for a job was for the sake of ------saving for college---paying for the
SAT exams-----and........ buying a bit of clothing from the "AS IS" and "seconds" and
''damaged" store up the block. All of my four brothers went to college (like me) on
scholarship, loans and minimum wage jobs. (at 19 I got a job as a clerk type thing in
a hospital at a WOPPING 175 per hour. NOT ALL WORKING PEOPLE CAN GET A JOB THAT PAYS FOR A HOUSE AND A CAR five kids, AND WEEKLY TRIPS TO THE HAIR SALON. The "system" cannot support it. AOC cannot "make ends meet" on 175 thousand dollars per year. ---------
Sorry, I'm not talking about people paying neighborhood kids cash for babysitting. I'm talking about functioning businesses that hire full time employees. Sorry if I was confusing

OK----at age 18, I had a minimum wage job in a large department store----1.25 per hour----------I worked 20 hours per week ---senior year in High School. I NEEDED that one too.
Employees get around that one by hiring PART TIME ONLY
These kinds of jobs are called entry level jobs for a reason. They give young people a chance to enter the work force. At 14 I was a waitress for 50 cents an hour. I was overjoyed to get a raise to 75 cents an hour. There are no more entry level jobs. All jobs are expected to pay enough to support a family of four.

This change happened because of immigration. Adult immigrants started taking those entry level jobs. They didn't need money for school or go to a movie. They weren't saving for that first car. They had kids in school themselves. They have medical issues. They have spouses and sick parents.

That's how minimum wage got out of control.
Simple question. Do you think a corporation that makes many millions in profits every year should be paying workers $7 an hour?

How do they do that with poverty wages that may require those actually employed to seek social services and that form of Big Government nanny-Statism? Are you sure you are simply being a right winger about this? Raising the minimum wage can actually help lower the cost of Government while generating more tax revenue in the process.
I agree that a fully employed person should be making a living wage for the area they live in. And for places that don't do that I would absolutely support raising the min wage.

gee----I started babysitting ----saturday nites---for 50 cents per hour at age 14. I was
DESPERATE for a job of ANY KIND. If those people who hired me had to pay me 15 dollars per hour-------it wouldn't happen and I would not have a dime. Believe it or not --MY DESPERATION for a job was for the sake of ------saving for college---paying for the
SAT exams-----and........ buying a bit of clothing from the "AS IS" and "seconds" and
''damaged" store up the block. All of my four brothers went to college (like me) on
scholarship, loans and minimum wage jobs. (at 19 I got a job as a clerk type thing in
a hospital at a WOPPING 175 per hour. NOT ALL WORKING PEOPLE CAN GET A JOB THAT PAYS FOR A HOUSE AND A CAR five kids, AND WEEKLY TRIPS TO THE HAIR SALON. The "system" cannot support it. AOC cannot "make ends meet" on 175 thousand dollars per year. ---------
Sorry, I'm not talking about people paying neighborhood kids cash for babysitting. I'm talking about functioning businesses that hire full time employees. Sorry if I was confusing

OK----at age 18, I had a minimum wage job in a large department store----1.25 per hour----------I worked 20 hours per week ---senior year in High School. I NEEDED that one too.
These kinds of jobs are called entry level jobs for a reason. They give young people a chance to enter the work force. At 14 I was a waitress for 50 cents an hour. I was overjoyed to get a raise to 75 cents an hour. There are no more entry level jobs. All jobs are expected to pay enough to support a family of four.

This change happened because of immigration. Adult immigrants started taking those entry level jobs. They didn't need money for school or go to a movie. They weren't saving for that first car. They had kids in school themselves. They have medical issues. They have spouses and sick parents.

Simple question. Do you think a corporation that makes many millions in profits every year should be paying workers $7 an hour?
Name the corporation that pays $7 bucks an hour and I will link the job boards proving you are a liar .

We need a minimum wage of $1,999 an hour, to qualify for food stamps would be $1,999 an hour think of all the foreign products people could buy. A take over of private property by the government..

A dream come true we would all be rich.

No..not a cost savings at all -------------------druggies chose their own problems
Throwing money at medical help provides them free housing, free medical to get drugs, free food------and only improves their living standards at the cost of taxpayers.
Yes, it is a cost savings since we would not need our alleged wars on crime, drugs, or terror.
No--not a cost savings at all---------it would only grow the welfare class and
Since anything that the government subsidizes grows---more would be doing drugs, collecting welfare, instead of contributing.

Time for you to grow up and support yourself-------

Name the corporation that pays $7 bucks an hour and I will link the job boards proving you are a liar .
I was asking a question not making a statement. Learn how to read

I was asking a question not making a statement. Learn how to read

I want to see someone take me up my challenge...because I will be on the job boards all across the country in a second

Yes. Of course. Entry level jobs are commonly not worth more than seven dollars an hour. Give the job to a teen who is just learning to show up on time.

Labor has a value. Each job is worth a dollar amount notwithstanding the corporation making millions of dollars an hour. If the job is worth 7 bucks an hour that's what it pays.

Simple question. If a potential employee agrees to work for $7 an hour, why shouldn't they be able to do that?

Yes. Of course. Entry level jobs are commonly not worth more than seven dollars an hour. Give the job to a teen who is just learning to show up on time.

Labor has a value. Each job is worth a dollar amount notwithstanding the corporation making millions of dollars an hour. If the job is worth 7 bucks an hour that's what it pays.
"Let them eat cake!"

1200px-Marie-Antoinette%2C_1775_-_Mus%C3%A9e_Antoine_L%C3%A9cuyer.jpg

Last edited:
Simple question. If a potential employee agrees to work for $7 an hour, why shouldn't they be able to do that?
Simple question. If a corporation wants to take a massive dump on your lawn, why shouldn't they be able to do that?
If a butterfly flaps its wings in Japan, why shouldn't it be paid $7?

you think the mentally ill homeless have incomes?
Why are they mentally ill and homeless? Isn't our social safety net supposed to make sure that doesn't happen.

Only for people who seek help.

People with no address , no income, no valid ID, are outliers. They don't want to be part of the system.
View attachment 448793
All those people are outliers? How many would be on the street if they could simply,easily, and conveniently obtain unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed, so landlords could love them instead of complain about them.

The mentally ill would not care.

Is it that hard for you to grasp the concept of mental illness?
I agree to disagree. The concept of illness, mental or otherwise could and should be treated by the appropriate practitioners.
and if a person refuses that treatment?

Here, I'll toss another clue in gratis.. (for nothing)..

This, of course, symbolizes Equal(s) " = "

This symbol " ≠ " means "Not Equal To" according to the the alt-code gods. I strongly feel that "Does Not Equal" can be inferred as well.

So here ya go, ready?

Work ≠ Money
Work ≠ Time
Money is "Made" by Governments
Work is Real and Unlimited
Money is Artificial and Finite
Wealth = Accumulated Money
Wealth = Artificial and Finite
Wealth ≠ Job Creating
Wealth ≠ Hard Working
Wealth ≠ Earned Income
Wealth ≠ Deserving of More
Corollary: Being Poor ≠ Deserving of Less

Truth is many people are or become rich purely due to good fortune, just as many are or become poor purely due to bad luck / misfortune. Most of us, given the opportunity, will "work" in some fashion or another because we are social animals. Peer pressure remains the strongest incentive ever. We all want, more than anything, to impress those we interact with on a daily basis. To be accepted. To be part of the club. One of the cool kids. To provide as well as imbibe. To be creative, responsible, and secure. We like doing things for others.

Work, however, by definition, remains a four letter word. No one sane wants to work, particularly not for money. Not for "the man." Stop kidding yourselves.

Interesting... and what would be an example of a job worth $7 an hour?

Forum List

Back