What now MR President.

Charles_Main

AR15 Owner
Jun 23, 2008
Michigan, USA
So, Now that Obama has been re-elected, and virtually nothing has changed in the balance of power in Congress.

What now? Specifically what now about the Fiscal Cliff? In the 3rd Debate Obama made a very bold Promise that we simply would not go over the Fiscal Cliff.

I sure hope he is able to keep that promise.

Any ideas on how he can?

So, Now that Obama has been re-elected, and virtually nothing has changed in the balance of power in Congress.

What now? Specifically what now about the Fiscal Cliff? In the 3rd Debate Obama made a very bold Promise that we simply would not go over the Fiscal Cliff.

Any ideas on how he can?

A resignation?

Last edited:

Any ideas on how he can?/
A resignation?

Sorry but jokes are not going to help us.

Reality is Reality. Obama won, the Congress is still divided, and an economic Disaster is looming in less than 2 months.

We must have bipartisanship to stop it.

From the way libs are talking on here today, I am afraid we wont. They are acting like Last night was a landslide that gives Obama a Mandate to ignore the Republicans and stick to his guns on everything.

If that is how obama feels, we are fucked.

The solution is some tax increases (almost off them must be borne by the very well off) and some spending cuts (almost all of those will effect only the working classes).

But to be completely honest I think this nation actually would be better in the long run (in the short run it's disasterous) if we did go over that cliff.

We cannot keep wasting money on stupid wars, giving tax breaks to the already affluent, and borrowing money too.

Any ideas on how he can?/

Sorry but jokes are not going to help us.

Reality is Reality. Obama won, the Congress is still divided, and an economic Disaster is looming in less than 2 months.

We must have bipartisanship to stop it.

From the way libs are talking on here today, I am afraid we wont. They are acting like Last night was a landslide that gives Obama a Mandate to ignore the Republicans and stick to his guns on everything.

If that is how obama feels, we are fucked.

What am I supposed to do? Rant and rave like a sore-losing lunatic? Naturally we face a long haul ahead but it's the "morning after" and you can't change the result.

There's 4 long years ahead to deal with the seriousness of the issues tearing this nation apart.

Obama knew his supporters and he tapped into that sentiment and successfully. Maybe the GOP will learn a thing or two.

For me I doubt that I will ever vote again for either party. Time for a new party and different ideas. I would have been torn had Ron Paul run as a third party candidate, but he did not...so for me, the choice was clear....vote for who I felt was the lesser of two evils.

I posted here many many times that Romney was a piss-poor candidate and not my first choice so excuse me if I am not devastated. Would I have preferred Romney? Sure.

I'm in a war zone devastated by Hurricane Sandy with limited access to this site so yes, I'm not going to get like some of the callers on the radio who are in actual tears.

Life goes on no matter who is President.

Last edited:
He said forward. Do you want him to actually DO something that moved the country forward?

He even shed a tear for hiimself. The fiscal cliff is a few years off anyway. Just in time for a would be republican candidate to grab the reigns. OR, maybe Obama gets a thrid term. Remember that other guy that was in there for several terms? He made all kinds of "forward" motion for the country.

What am I supposed to do? Rant and rave like a sore-losing lunatic? Naturally we face a long haul ahead but it's the "morning after" and you can't change the result.

There's 4 long years ahead to deal with the seriousness of the issues tearing this nation apart.

Obama knew his supporters and he tapped into that sentiment and successfully. Maybe the GOP will learn a thing or two.

For me I doubt that I will ever vote again for either party. Time for a new party and different ideas. I would have been torn had Ron Paul run as a third party candidate, but he did not...so for me, the choice was clear....vote for who I felt was the lesser of two evils.

I posted here many many times that Romney was a piss-poor candidate and not my first choice so excuse me if I am not devastated. Would I have preferred Romney? Sure.

I'm in a war zone devastated by Hurricane Sandy with limited access to this site so yes, I'm not going to get like some of the callers on the radio who are in actual tears.

Life goes on no matter who is President.

WE need to consider a PARLIMENTARY system of government.

That way we really could have more than two major parties.

I'd have loved the opportunity to vote for a viable third party candidate.

Pit a Ron Paul-trype candidate against say a Bernie Sanders candidate along with the Dems and Reps vandidate and we'd see DRAMATICALLY different outcomes.

This all or nothing system bites.

Word for today, devaluation.

yeah the stock market is in a tailspin this morning over obama's re-election.

now that he is in a second term he will be working on his legacy. common sense says he should do better the next four years, but nothing about this administration makes sense anyway.but nobody is even talking about the benghazi. if he were a white president of any party the impeachment talk would be going round. we are fucked.

now that he is in a second term he will be working on his legacy. common sense says he should do better the next four years, but nothing about this administration makes sense anyway.but nobody is even talking about the benghazi. if he were a white president of any party the impeachment talk would be going round. we are fucked.

The markets are not in a tail spin solely because Obama won. They are in a tail spin because the status Quo won. The Reps held the house, the Dems the Senate and Obama the WH. That combination has been utter ineffective at doing anything at all, and the Markets know it.

They are now assuming we will go over the Fiscal Cliff and that is why the sell off is happening.

Any ideas on how he can?

well charles the pundits are suggesting Obama is going to hold a speech about the economy shortly, so i guess you just hold onto your panties and wait.

I'm hoping for the best. I dont believe bipartisanship will happen soon. Maybe it will. If not we will be looking at a new recession next year. Stocks are dumping and dollar is steadily getting devalued. Not looking good..

What is Benghazi? Oh yea I remember because im not a fucking careless liberal :badgrin:

Any ideas on how he can?

well charles the pundits are suggesting Obama is going to hold a speech about the economy shortly, so i guess you just hold onto your panties and wait.

So he is going to talk and magically we'll have a surplus to pay down debt? :lmao:

6a00d83451af9f69e2017d3d0941e6970c-500wi

New Topics

Forum List

Back