What musicians do you believe are overrated ?

AC/DC + van halen

iu

no eclectic range... their songs ALL sound the same. except for maybe
'shook me all night long' & 'hot for teacher' - they have no talent whatsoverrrrrrrrr.....................

AC/DC + van halen
Or Trump has good taste and dropped those losers

my own personal judgment indicator for what makes a great band/musician is this:

if their music is still playing 100 years from now or is included in a time capsule, then they are worthy.

Van Halen revolutionized the rock and roll world. #1 guitarist the year before they emerged was a soap-opera actor named Rick Springfield. :booze:

AC/DC is not eclectic, they're in your face banging it out, and if you don't like it...:fu:

To me, that's the epitome of what it's all about. Angus Young is the 2nd best phraser ever behind B.B. King.
I love it! That's the way I roll, too.
So no..Boooo! Hiss!!!!!!!!!

I think you want "You light up my life" still #1 on the radio, huh?
Man, I hated that with a passion! I would put her, but she's not talentless enough, dammit!

Last edited:

'shook me all night long' & 'hot for teacher' - they have no talent whatsoverrrrrrrrr.....................

AC/DC + van halen

my own personal judgment indicator for what makes a great band/musician is this:

if their music is still playing 100 years from now or is included in a time capsule, then they are worthy.

Van Halen revolutionized the rock and roll world. #1 guitarist the year before they emerged was a soap-opera actor named Rick Springfield. :booze:

AC/DC is not eclectic, they're in your face banging it out, and if you don't like it...:fu:

To me, that's the epitome of what it's all about. Angus Young is the 2nd best phraser ever behind B.B. King.

<pfffft>

hendrix - best guitarist EVER.

in yer face? most hair bands sound the same & they all sound like they are choking on a ham sandwich.... i know, i know- marion -that most young males wanted to be like them.... i bet you sang & air guitared in front of the mirror too.... fess up now.

& debby boone? really?

lol.... seems like you don't know me at all..................

The Doors

Dying at the top of his game was the best thing Morrison could have done for his career. If he would have lived, his star would have faded and he would have been just another old musician who had a couple of hits when he was young.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

AC/DC + van halen

<pfffft>

in yer face? most hair bands sound the same & they all sound like they are choking on a ham sandwich.... i know, i know- marion -that most young males wanted to be like them.... i bet you sang & air guitared in front of the mirror too.... fess up now.

& debby boone? really?

Oh, 'scuse me, Joan Baez type. :auiqs.jpg:
She's not talentless, though. Or wasn't, anyway.

AC/DC + van halen

<pfffft>

& debby boone? really?

my musical tastes are eclectic as well... sure, joan had a few good folksy songs along with the likes of peter, paul, & mary or joni mitchell

howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i be a rock 'n roller. the difference between you & me though is i enjoy GOOD rock 'n roll.

btw- i think i was the only one on another thread (along with you) that knew who wendy O & the plasmatics were, so just hush up.

<pfffft>

& debby boone? really?

my musical tastes are eclectic as well... sure, joan had a few good folksy songs along with the likes of peter, paul, & mary or joni mitchell

howeverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr i be a rock 'n roller. the difference between you & me though is i enjoy GOOD rock 'n roll.

btw- i think i was the only one on another thread (along with you) that knew who wendy O & the plasmatics were, so just hush up.
O alright. Dammit! :eusa_silenced:

George Strait. What a fucking cheeseball. No range, someone else wrote all his songs.
I am not his biggest fan, but George actually wrote one of my favorite songs of his that went to radio. I love "Living For The Night". :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. "Here For A Good Time", "Let It Go", and his newest song on the radio named "Every Little Honky Tonk Bar" were also written by him.

You sure about that? I'll take your word for it, but I know someone else wrote "The Chair" and "They Call me the Fireman" and others.
His most well known songs were written by other people, but later in his career, he finally started writing too.

Holly

George Strait. What a fucking cheeseball. No range, someone else wrote all his songs.
I am not his biggest fan, but George actually wrote one of my favorite songs of his that went to radio. I love "Living For The Night". :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. "Here For A Good Time", "Let It Go", and his newest song on the radio named "Every Little Honky Tonk Bar" were also written by him.

You sure about that? I'll take your word for it, but I know someone else wrote "The Chair" and "They Call me the Fireman" and others.
His most well known songs were written by other people, but later in his career, he finally started writing too.

Holly

Well, I'm going by the 90s VHS I have of him on Austin City Limits, along with Eric Johnson and Uncle Yoke's Black Dog.

I like that Uncle Yoke's Black Dog!

^ I don't wanna hear nobody singin' Jolene 'cept she who wrote it.

Miley did OK, I guess. In b4 she becomes a country singer.

Forum List

Back