What musicians do you believe are overrated ?

Even before their political opinions were put out there, I never saw anything special about the Dixie Chicks and I still don't.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Elton John and Queen; if they weren't gay they'd be one hit wonders. I like Meat Loaf though but his rating is about right; good but not top shelf. Most sopranos; and that Aretha Franklin; screamers/screechers.

But this one is superb:

Amazing.

(And yes; weight challenged...but the VOICE!!!)

Greg

Even before their political opinions were put out there, I never saw anything special about the Dixie Chicks and I still don't.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

They only had one decent song and that was written by this bloke; my preferred version by a long way.

Greg

Being from MN, if I hear Prince anymore I just might lose my shit.
They play his songs like every 5 minutes here.
1999 is long past and so is the party.

Elton John and Queen; if they weren't gay they'd be one hit wonders. I like Meat Loaf though but his rating is about right; good but not top shelf. Most sopranos; and that Aretha Franklin; screamers/screechers.

But this one is superb:

Amazing.

Greg

Uh, both Elton and Queen had MORE than one hit. Most of Queen was not gay.

Can't get excited about Beyonce. One OK song; the rest...meh!!

I like this version better quite frankly. (Local Bush Band with attitude...lol)
Whoops:

Edit.

Greg

Last edited:

But this one is superb:

Amazing.

Greg

Lots of beautiful music as well as hits by either one. If doing guys was a prerequisite for all those great songs, I say stuff another one in is mouth. Bring on the tunes.

But this one is superb:

Amazing.

Greg

We're talking about RATING; I can only think of one song each that I would say are very good songs but neither go close to the Beatles at their best, and the Beatles had dozens of GREAT songs.(imo)

But this one is superb:

Amazing.

Greg

Lots of beautiful music as well as hits by either one. If doing guys was a prerequisite for all those great songs, I say stuff another one in is mouth. Bring on the tunes.

I disagree. Queen's music was mostly stock and Elton had a couple of catchy songs but only "Candle" was a cut above and he didn't write most of his music. Queen had Bohemian and that was outstanding but more for its novelty.They became "icons" by being pushed by, shall we say, the flamboyant media.

Greg

Did he actually have ANY really good songs? I can't think of any. He was described here as a Michael Jackson wannabe. Probably not far from the truth. Now THERE was a talent.

Greg

Did he actually have ANY really good songs? I can't think of any. He was described here as a Michael Jackson wannabe. Probably not far from the truth. Now THERE was a talent.

Greg
Folks in the state here just go ape shit over Prince. Guy was talented, but it is overkill especially since he died. People coming from around the world to see his studio.
Minnesotan's go gaga over their celebrities from the state.
Bob Dylan is revered here as a god although he moved away when he was young and pretty much showed no interest in his home state.

But this one is superb:

Amazing.

Greg

I disagree. Queen's music was mostly stock and Elton had a couple of catchy songs but only "Candle" was a cut above and he didn't write most of his music. Queen had Bohemian and that was outstanding but more for its novelty.They became "icons" by being pushed by, shall we say, the flamboyant media.

Greg

I judge by their songs being played or used today-"we will rock you", "we are the champions" or the Disney movie Lion King songs.

Greg
Folks in the state here just go ape shit over Prince. Guy was talented, but it is overkill especially since he died. People coming from around the world to see his studio.
Bob Dylan is revered here as a god although he moved away when he was young and pretty much showed no interest in his home state.
Dylan was under rated elsewhere-like the south

Greg
He didn't have the best voice, but I associate Dylan with my entire childhood as I heard all of his music very young. Parents had every album.
To me.
You can't drive through a northern forest road without listening to Dylan. He is the soundtrack of the Mesabi Range of northern MN.

Greg
He didn't have the best voice, but I associate Dylan with my entire childhood as I heard all of his music very young. Parents had every album.
To me.
You can't drive through a northern forest road without listening to Dylan. He is the soundtrack of the Mesabi Range of northern MN.
Early sixties had a lot of folk music and some morphed into anti war music.

But this one is superb:

Amazing.

Greg

Greg

I judge by their songs being played or used today-"we will rock you", "we are the champions" or the Disney movie Lion King songs.

I don't mind them but I wouldn't put them on a par with top shelf ones. Lion King is OK for kids but really; adults??

But as you mention Lion King. I could not get excited about Phantom of the Opera; had the record and frankly didn't get it. Then I went to see it in London and it was mesmerising. Sometimes it happens that way.

Greg

Forum List

Back