What movie do you reaaally wish they would do a sequel.... and assuming they don't mess it up?

An updated MASH tv series.
I know you asked about movies, but I like MASH, and after this is over I bet a new one set in present times would be popular.

Probably too late for that but it would have been stellar if they had been able to put it together around 2000 or so.

I can think of a lot of them:

Juno is probably my favorite indie type film (Fox Searchlight) and I would have loved to have seen Ellen Page dealing with having given away her baby
The Sandlot I don't think had a sequel but it would have been good to see a "second season" of the Sandlot. More Dennis Leary in this one please.
Close Encounters is probably the one that everyone expected the sequel that was never made. I'd like to see it.
Knives Out; I'd love to see Blanc's next case.

What I would have really liked to have seen was they do a "sequel" within a "series" with the James Bond films. They had a smidgen of that with Spectre which was a pretty bad film on the whole. Every time he made a movie, Daniel Craig hinted that this may be his last. And this latest one (No Time to Die) will be. How much cooler would it have been to have had the next Bond training with him on some of the missions during Skyfall and Quantum of Solace (there is always a brief encounter before the final scene where Bond kills the villain)? Then in the last film--NTTD, have Craig's character die and have the new Bond (Idris Elba is my choice) take over as the new 007.

My Cousin Vinny sequel should be My Uncle Vinny

Napoleon Dynamite

The Princess Bride

Firefly

Odd Thomas was a charming movie that deserved a sequel despite rotten tomatoes. Actor Anton passed away though.

Miller’s Crossing, Id have liked to seen what happened next with Tom Reagan.

Pulp fiction, where did they go with the chopper and did Jules really retire?

Baby Driver, is Baby really out?

Cabin in the Woods, how do we fight titans?

Children of Men, was Theos sacrifice worth it? Does humanity continue?

Drag me to Hell, someone go get her.

Edge of Tomorrow (Live die repeat) - terrible name, great movie.

Planes Trains Automobiles - what happens to Del?

We’re the Millers - bring back that “family”.

28 years later? Ok, I like fast zombies. Need a new one.

The Jerk
1587030478259.png

I wish they would do a movie to wrap up the “Dark Matter” TV series. I can NOT believe they yanked the rug from under everyone when there were so many things hanging and so much happening. Everyone involved was surprised, had been doing interviews about what was coming in the next season. I’ve basically ditched the SyFy channel after that lame brained stunt. The show was viable, SyFy just wanted “more”.

I’d love to see Martin Scorsese do a sequel to Goodfellas based on the book, On the Run: A Mafia Childhood, by Gregg and Gina Hill, the son and daughter of Henry Hill. The book picks up where Goodfellas left off, with Henry Hill and family entering the witness protection program, chronicling their life with an abusive father who continued to sell and abuse drugs all while still under the wing of the federal witness protection program.

Silverado, if you watch the end, you'll understand why there should have been a sequel. Greatest modern western ever! Must see movie!

Last edited:
My Cousin Vinny sequel should be My Uncle Vinny

Napoleon Dynamite

The Princess Bride

Firefly
Uncle Vinny (awesome)
TPB sequel yes!
Serenity 2 (I love firefly)

Hi fives!

And Borat 2, come to think of it... :)
The two movies I quote the most are "The Princess Bride" and "Borat". Both deserve sequels, as long as they're decent enough :)

As for my cousin Vinny, I'm from queens NY. So I talk like that already.. :cool:

That's regular life for me...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back