What many didn't know about Robin Williams

Shocking as in good? Robin Williams seemed like a great person. I was really sad when I heard the news of his suicide.

The Van Halen M&M thingy is far more complicated than what's implied in the story....

But the Robin Williams item is a great legacy...

A pox on the person who wrote that headline. A pox on the people who force you to wade through a mountain of advertising to read one rather unremarkable sentence.

I have mixed feelings about stories of great "generosity" among people like Williams.

He is a person who was paid many king's ransoms for, basically, being silly. Here we have him doing something that cost him nothing, that probably caused a significant amount of work for some of the faceless, nameless people working in the film production, and Williams is given credit for...what? Making a demand that cost him nothing but caused others to have to do additional work, and may have benefitted a couple homeless people?

Gimme a fuckin' break. He did much more "good" by simply paying his income taxes than by making this near-pointless demand of his employers.

A pox on the person who wrote that headline. A pox on the people who force you to wade through a mountain of advertising to read one rather unremarkable sentence.

I have mixed feelings about stories of great "generosity" among people like Williams.

He is a person who was paid many king's ransoms for, basically, being silly. Here we have him doing something that cost him nothing, that probably caused a significant amount of work for some of the faceless, nameless people working in the film production, and Williams is given credit for...what? Making a demand that cost him nothing but caused others to have to do additional work, and may have benefitted a couple homeless people?

Gimme a fuckin' break. He did much more "good" by simply paying his income taxes than by making this near-pointless demand of his employers.
Does your face hurt wearing that permanent scowl on yer face?

I'm not clicking that garbage...If I wanted a virus I'd ask for one
It's not a virus. Jeez.
Robin didn't want m&ms or certain sodas as perks, etc. He wanted homeless people to be involved in his gigs so they could be fed, get paid, and feel needed.
Happy now? And shame on you that I would send a virus laden link to you.

Get the smirk off yer face and lighten up. Looks to be a glorious day and grumps need to get outside in the sunshine. Do it.

Something you maybe didn't know about something tangentially connected to Robin Williams...

The Popeye that Robin Williams played in the movie Popeye is not the Popeye that Popeye's restaurants are named after.
They are named after 'Popeye' Doyle in the French connection, played by Gene Hackman.

Can you name the movie that Robin Williams and Gene Hackman were in together, without googling?

Shocking as in good? Robin Williams seemed like a great person. I was really sad when I heard the news of his suicide.
Only Robin Williams knew the real Robin Williams, and apparently he did not think too much of himself, or the Gift of Life he was given.

I'm not clicking that garbage...If I wanted a virus I'd ask for one
It's not a virus. Jeez.
Robin didn't want m&ms or certain sodas as perks, etc. He wanted homeless people to be involved in his gigs so they could be fed, get paid, and feel needed.
Happy now? And shame on you that I would send a virus laden link to you.

Get the smirk off yer face and lighten up. Looks to be a glorious day and grumps need to get outside in the sunshine. Do it.
It is raining like Hell here.

I wish I could have gotten outside, much, much to do, now that it is warm and I am over the pollen allergies.

Forum List

Back