What makes police think they are special?

The reality of life is someone is always going to be telling you how to do your job. This is true for the guy shaking the basket full of French Fries at the local Fast Food restaurant. It is true for everyone.

We have seen it here on these boards. We have seen it in the news. And I honestly have no idea where this arrogance comes from. It is incredible.

Pilots have people who tell them how to fly. They get check flights where an evaluator looks over their shoulder and critiques their performance. Somewhere today there is a surgeon with years of experience who has a superior looking over his shoulder to see how he is doing.

You can’t get away from it. None of us are immune. If something happens. An accident. Broken equipment. Whatever. Your boss comes and looks at it and decides if you did something wrong. Something they told you not to do.

I’m self employed. I do what I want. No you don’t. You have insurance. And the conditions of that policy limit what you can do. If you are driving as an Uber and your insurance finds out they can and will cancel your policy. If you tell them they will expect more money. And they will expect you to follow their rules about it.

What makes it wrong when we are talking about cops? The city, county, state, or country pays them. What makes it wrong for their bosses, the ones who pay them, to make rules and policies that they expect to be followed.

Let’s say I work for you. You tell me what to do and I do what I want instead. Are you going to keep paying me? No. You won’t. You are going to fire me so fast my ass will be halfway home before I understand what happened.

But people act like it should be different for cops. They are not volunteering their time. They are paid for it. It isn’t a waste of their time. It isn’t their time. When I am on the clock it isn’t my time. It is the time of my employer. My time and skill is what I am renting to the boss. He is paying me. It is his money and his time.

But here and in the news we get tons of arguments that the people paying the bills are insane to expect things from cops. As if we are lucky to be paying them. Blessed to have them agree to take our money.

Even the President of this nation has someone telling them how to do their job. It is called an election. And if we don’t approve we fire them.

If you are a cop and think it is outrageous that the people who pay you expect you to do the job the way they say. Quit. Show them all. Just quit. Stop taking the money. Go into a new line of work. Try driving trucks. Try anything you like. You will find that everywhere you go the person who pays you will expect the same thing. Welcome to the real world.

Otherwise. Shut the fuck up. I am not going to shed any tears because you arrogantly think that your shit doesn’t stink.
How simple the world must look through your eyes. Just follow "procedures" just do what you are told and everything will be dandy. Ok let's take an example. Let's say someone is driving with their lights off. Cop pulls up next to the driver and sees that he is Black. What does your "procedure" say to do? Let him go? You have just endangered everyone who has to share the road with him. Pull him over? You have just enraged people for pulling a man over for "driving while Black". Now let's say you pulled him over and he steps out of the car and reaches into his jacket. What do you do? Do you shoot him? Do you taze him? Do you wait to wait to see what he pulls out? Not so simple, is it?

Easy. You have unarmed traffic enforcement that simply notifies the person their lights aren't on. Or that one is burned out. You don't have armed goons looking for something minor to get into a confrontation over.

Tell that to the police officers that have been shot recently on traffic stops. You would be telling criminals with warrants that the officer is unarmed and a sitting duck. Stupid commies like you shouldn't be allowed in public.

There is no reason to be a threat to someone that isn't a threat to you.

If criminals were reasonable they'd just turn themselves in. I bet you believe a 747 can be powered by unicorn farts as well.

You did nothing to address my point. We do not have to have armed police to inform someone their headlight is out.

You didn't make a point, why don't you tell the 7 year old girl that just got a bullet in her head that no one is a threat to her if she's not a threat to them and being fucking dead is just a figment of her imagination. FUCK YOU COMMIE AND YOUR PROPAGANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is NO reason to be armed to inform someone that their headlight is out.
Would you be okay if they just chose individually to carry, and kept it concealed?
Serious question.

There is no reason to have armed police to inform people of minor traffic offenses.

The reality of life is someone is always going to be telling you how to do your job. This is true for the guy shaking the basket full of French Fries at the local Fast Food restaurant. It is true for everyone.

We have seen it here on these boards. We have seen it in the news. And I honestly have no idea where this arrogance comes from. It is incredible.

Pilots have people who tell them how to fly. They get check flights where an evaluator looks over their shoulder and critiques their performance. Somewhere today there is a surgeon with years of experience who has a superior looking over his shoulder to see how he is doing.

You can’t get away from it. None of us are immune. If something happens. An accident. Broken equipment. Whatever. Your boss comes and looks at it and decides if you did something wrong. Something they told you not to do.

I’m self employed. I do what I want. No you don’t. You have insurance. And the conditions of that policy limit what you can do. If you are driving as an Uber and your insurance finds out they can and will cancel your policy. If you tell them they will expect more money. And they will expect you to follow their rules about it.

What makes it wrong when we are talking about cops? The city, county, state, or country pays them. What makes it wrong for their bosses, the ones who pay them, to make rules and policies that they expect to be followed.

Let’s say I work for you. You tell me what to do and I do what I want instead. Are you going to keep paying me? No. You won’t. You are going to fire me so fast my ass will be halfway home before I understand what happened.

But people act like it should be different for cops. They are not volunteering their time. They are paid for it. It isn’t a waste of their time. It isn’t their time. When I am on the clock it isn’t my time. It is the time of my employer. My time and skill is what I am renting to the boss. He is paying me. It is his money and his time.

But here and in the news we get tons of arguments that the people paying the bills are insane to expect things from cops. As if we are lucky to be paying them. Blessed to have them agree to take our money.

Even the President of this nation has someone telling them how to do their job. It is called an election. And if we don’t approve we fire them.

If you are a cop and think it is outrageous that the people who pay you expect you to do the job the way they say. Quit. Show them all. Just quit. Stop taking the money. Go into a new line of work. Try driving trucks. Try anything you like. You will find that everywhere you go the person who pays you will expect the same thing. Welcome to the real world.

Otherwise. Shut the fuck up. I am not going to shed any tears because you arrogantly think that your shit doesn’t stink.
How simple the world must look through your eyes. Just follow "procedures" just do what you are told and everything will be dandy. Ok let's take an example. Let's say someone is driving with their lights off. Cop pulls up next to the driver and sees that he is Black. What does your "procedure" say to do? Let him go? You have just endangered everyone who has to share the road with him. Pull him over? You have just enraged people for pulling a man over for "driving while Black". Now let's say you pulled him over and he steps out of the car and reaches into his jacket. What do you do? Do you shoot him? Do you taze him? Do you wait to wait to see what he pulls out? Not so simple, is it?

Easy. You have unarmed traffic enforcement that simply notifies the person their lights aren't on. Or that one is burned out. You don't have armed goons looking for something minor to get into a confrontation over.

Tell that to the police officers that have been shot recently on traffic stops. You would be telling criminals with warrants that the officer is unarmed and a sitting duck. Stupid commies like you shouldn't be allowed in public.

If criminals were reasonable they'd just turn themselves in. I bet you believe a 747 can be powered by unicorn farts as well.

You did nothing to address my point. We do not have to have armed police to inform someone their headlight is out.

You didn't make a point, why don't you tell the 7 year old girl that just got a bullet in her head that no one is a threat to her if she's not a threat to them and being fucking dead is just a figment of her imagination. FUCK YOU COMMIE AND YOUR PROPAGANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Would you be okay if they just chose individually to carry, and kept it concealed?
Serious question.

There is no reason to have armed police to inform people of minor traffic offenses.

Sometimes people get really pissed if they are stopped for a vehicle violation. I wouldn't want to be a police officer doing that job without being strapped.

Hey idiot. It isn't the detectives who are murdering black men for no good reason

View attachment 482098
They're going to have to figure out what to do w/that racist POS.

I'm certain there's more than a few friendly gentlemen patiently awaiting his arrival at whatever prison they're going to lock his ass away in.

And he's entitled to every bit of what's coming to him.

Oh boy, one of the local race baiter show up. Do you have a drive by to attend to or killing one of you kids at an abortion mill?

Keep it up. When most of the cops in your blue crime infested hell holes quit there will be no one there to help you in an emergency much less protect you.

The thread premise is a lie.

The ‘left’ has no desire to see sworn officers resign.

That sworn officers might elect to resign has nothing to do with the ‘left.’

Public and political support is necessary for sworn officers to do their job effectively. I wouldn't recommend anyone become a police officer in the current climate. I just hope you commies are victims of your own policies.

Racist America has told police that they are special.
They have been given a license to kill with impunity and that message will be made crystal clear when Chauvin walks.

After appeal is probably the most likely now, considering the shit that's about to hit the fan if he just outright walks.

What would happen to a Nazi Stormtrooper on trial for killing a jew?

Dude. We aren't talking about Canada right now.

Serious question.

Sometimes people get really pissed if they are stopped for a vehicle violation. I wouldn't want to be a police officer doing that job without being strapped.

Sometimes they do. People get pissed when there are only three cashiers open at Wal Mart and the lines are backed up also. That doesn't mean Wal Mart need to arm cashiers.

Serious question.

Not my goddamn question, now was it?

If that person decides as an individual to carry a concealed weapon on their person, would you be okay with that, yes or no? And why or why not?

Serious question.

If that person decides as an individual to carry a concealed weapon on their person, would you be okay with that, yes or no? And why or why not?

For personal protection I don't care but not to arrest anyone.

Serious question.

For personal protection I don't care but not to arrest anyone.
That's what I was asking.

Actually, the problem is that the public expects the police to crack down on miscreants and ne'er-do-wells like Mr. Floyd, but punishes them when they do exactly that.

That's the real problem the police have. Getting mixed messages.

But verdicts like this give the cops the clear message to do a much better job of avoiding conflicts with black guys, America's official Sacred Cows.

What America Expects. America does not expect our police to be executioners. America expects our police to take a life only as a last resort.

There is a long list of things Chauvin should have done. Could have done. He did none of them. He stayed with his clearly demonstrated tendency for violence. Brutality.

Want to avoid this outcome with the cops? Easy. Stop sweeping complaints under the rug. Stop ignoring brutality in your fellow officers.

That is what led to this conviction. For his entire career Chauvin had been brutal. He had a dozen complaints. We moan that the FBI knew about shooters beforehand. But we don’t argue that the fellow cops knew about brutal bob beforehand.

It was winked at. Papered over. Ignored. Laughed about. And then suddenly the cop is on trial for his life. Why shouldn’t he be surprised. Nobody expected him to change before.

The book Starship Troopers lays it out perfectly. The injustice of such a system.

The supervisors are as responsible as Chauvin. He is the sacrificial lamb. They did not train him, or retrain him, or explain to him how the brutality was not acceptable. They winked at it. Now he is going to prison. It could have been avoided if the supervisors had done their jobs and actually enforced a standard.

It isn’t us who failed Chauvin. It was his fellow cops. It isn’t BLM or anyone outside of the coos who led him down the path making each interaction a game of Russian roulette. It was the support the cops no matter what loons. People just like you who cheered when cops smacked a bad guy around or “tuned him up” for running.

If the standards had been enforced Chauvin would either have done it right, or been driven from a career in law enforcement. There would never be a trial. Nor the need for one.

Hey idiot. It isn't the detectives who are murdering black men for no good reason

View attachment 482098
They're going to have to figure out what to do w/that racist POS.

I'm certain there's more than a few friendly gentlemen patiently awaiting his arrival at whatever prison they're going to lock his ass away in.

And he's entitled to every bit of what's coming to him.
Actually I don't think he meant to kill him and I sort of feel sorry for him. He didn't know when he woke up that day he was going to catch a case.

Keep it up. When most of the cops in your blue crime infested hell holes quit there will be no one there to help you in an emergency much less protect you.

The thread premise is a lie.

The ‘left’ has no desire to see sworn officers resign.

That sworn officers might elect to resign has nothing to do with the ‘left.’

Right, they would rather see the police officers assassinated and then follow them to the hospital chanting that they hope they all die.

We've seen this movie already and it's a bad one.

But then you guys didn't care about capitol police.

Your arguments are idiotic. There's no comparison between an airline pilot and a police officer.

The whole issue of "police brutality" is bogus anyway. Most of the supposed brutality cases are not really brutality cases when you examine all the facts. The vast majority of police officers do their jobs well.

The next time you need law enforcement help, call a social worker.

Your arguments are idiotic. There's no comparison between an airline pilot and a police officer.

The whole issue of "police brutality" is bogus anyway. Most of the supposed brutality cases are not really brutality cases when you examine all the facts. The vast majority of police officers do their jobs well.

The next time you need law enforcement help, call a social worker.

Ive said this before. I live in a very rural area. Police, and Paramedics are at least twenty to thirty minutes away. It could be longer. So calling a cop is a thing you do after whatever it is has been handled.

Idiot.

Forum List

Back