What makes police think they are special?

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
The reality of life is someone is always going to be telling you how to do your job. This is true for the guy shaking the basket full of French Fries at the local Fast Food restaurant. It is true for everyone.

We have seen it here on these boards. We have seen it in the news. And I honestly have no idea where this arrogance comes from. It is incredible.

Pilots have people who tell them how to fly. They get check flights where an evaluator looks over their shoulder and critiques their performance. Somewhere today there is a surgeon with years of experience who has a superior looking over his shoulder to see how he is doing.

You can’t get away from it. None of us are immune. If something happens. An accident. Broken equipment. Whatever. Your boss comes and looks at it and decides if you did something wrong. Something they told you not to do.

I’m self employed. I do what I want. No you don’t. You have insurance. And the conditions of that policy limit what you can do. If you are driving as an Uber and your insurance finds out they can and will cancel your policy. If you tell them they will expect more money. And they will expect you to follow their rules about it.

What makes it wrong when we are talking about cops? The city, county, state, or country pays them. What makes it wrong for their bosses, the ones who pay them, to make rules and policies that they expect to be followed.

Let’s say I work for you. You tell me what to do and I do what I want instead. Are you going to keep paying me? No. You won’t. You are going to fire me so fast my ass will be halfway home before I understand what happened.

But people act like it should be different for cops. They are not volunteering their time. They are paid for it. It isn’t a waste of their time. It isn’t their time. When I am on the clock it isn’t my time. It is the time of my employer. My time and skill is what I am renting to the boss. He is paying me. It is his money and his time.

But here and in the news we get tons of arguments that the people paying the bills are insane to expect things from cops. As if we are lucky to be paying them. Blessed to have them agree to take our money.

Even the President of this nation has someone telling them how to do their job. It is called an election. And if we don’t approve we fire them.

If you are a cop and think it is outrageous that the people who pay you expect you to do the job the way they say. Quit. Show them all. Just quit. Stop taking the money. Go into a new line of work. Try driving trucks. Try anything you like. You will find that everywhere you go the person who pays you will expect the same thing. Welcome to the real world.

Otherwise. Shut the fuck up. I am not going to shed any tears because you arrogantly think that your shit doesn’t stink.

The reality of life is someone is always going to be telling you how to do your job. This is true for the guy shaking the basket full of French Fries at the local Fast Food restaurant. It is true for everyone.

We have seen it here on these boards. We have seen it in the news. And I honestly have no idea where this arrogance comes from. It is incredible.

Pilots have people who tell them how to fly. They get check flights where an evaluator looks over their shoulder and critiques their performance. Somewhere today there is a surgeon with years of experience who has a superior looking over his shoulder to see how he is doing.

You can’t get away from it. None of us are immune. If something happens. An accident. Broken equipment. Whatever. Your boss comes and looks at it and decides if you did something wrong. Something they told you not to do.

I’m self employed. I do what I want. No you don’t. You have insurance. And the conditions of that policy limit what you can do. If you are driving as an Uber and your insurance finds out they can and will cancel your policy. If you tell them they will expect more money. And they will expect you to follow their rules about it.

What makes it wrong when we are talking about cops? The city, county, state, or country pays them. What makes it wrong for their bosses, the ones who pay them, to make rules and policies that they expect to be followed.

Let’s say I work for you. You tell me what to do and I do what I want instead. Are you going to keep paying me? No. You won’t. You are going to fire me so fast my ass will be halfway home before I understand what happened.

But people act like it should be different for cops. They are not volunteering their time. They are paid for it. It isn’t a waste of their time. It isn’t their time. When I am on the clock it isn’t my time. It is the time of my employer. My time and skill is what I am renting to the boss. He is paying me. It is his money and his time.

But here and in the news we get tons of arguments that the people paying the bills are insane to expect things from cops. As if we are lucky to be paying them. Blessed to have them agree to take our money.

Even the President of this nation has someone telling them how to do their job. It is called an election. And if we don’t approve we fire them.

If you are a cop and think it is outrageous that the people who pay you expect you to do the job the way they say. Quit. Show them all. Just quit. Stop taking the money. Go into a new line of work. Try driving trucks. Try anything you like. You will find that everywhere you go the person who pays you will expect the same thing. Welcome to the real world.

Otherwise. Shut the fuck up. I am not going to shed any tears because you arrogantly think that your shit doesn’t stink.
so you being self employed,, if a customer told you to do a job in a way you disagreed with due to not achieving the goal you know should be or due to safety reasons you will just shut your mouth and do it anyway???

its every person god given right to walk away for any reason,,,

1618863527966.png

Someone who flips burgers or stocks shelves at Wally World for a living doesn't get sent to jail for screwing up the order.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Last edited:

Have you ever thought about following a Police Academy class through their complete training cycle? I see documentaries of this type on TV occasionally. You could become famous.

we've been over this before Sman--you are full of shit
1. your OP is ridiculous crap--you are all over the place and don't make a point
2. it's NOT different for police
..in fact, police are held to a higher standard--example:
Darren Wilson was investigated THREE times...AFTER he had been exonerated the FIRST time
...one by white hater Obama's Admin and one by a cop HATER
3. again ---you don't provide ANY proof!!--just crap
YOU are Mr Perfect---stop the stupid shit--we are not stupid

How simple the world must look through your eyes. Just follow "procedures" just do what you are told and everything will be dandy. Ok let's take an example. Let's say someone is driving with their lights off. Cop pulls up next to the driver and sees that he is Black. What does your "procedure" say to do? Let him go? You have just endangered everyone who has to share the road with him. Pull him over? You have just enraged people for pulling a man over for "driving while Black". Now let's say you pulled him over and he steps out of the car and reaches into his jacket. What do you do? Do you shoot him? Do you taze him? Do you wait to wait to see what he pulls out? Not so simple, is it?

How simple the world must look through your eyes. Just follow "procedures" just do what you are told and everything will be dandy. Ok let's take an example. Let's say someone is driving with their lights off. Cop pulls up next to the driver and sees that he is Black. What does your "procedure" say to do? Let him go? You have just endangered everyone who has to share the road with him. Pull him over? You have just enraged people for pulling a man over for "driving while Black". Now let's say you pulled him over and he steps out of the car and reaches into his jacket. What do you do? Do you shoot him? Do you taze him? Do you wait to wait to see what he pulls out? Not so simple, is it?
SMann is a pure cop hater...most of his threads and posts are:
'''''I am perfect --better than everyone else'''''

Last edited:

You stupid fuck, that squad is an extra duty the officers volunteer for. When they aren't allowed to do their sworn duty, they have every right to withdraw from the duty. All that typing and you got no fucking point.

//THREAD//

View attachment 481740

Someone who flips burgers or stocks shelves at Wally World for a living doesn't get sent to jail for screwing up the order.

*****SMILE*****

Actually. People do risk jail for mistakes. Truck drivers can go to jail easily. The fry cook can go to jail if he screws up and starts a fire. Very possible when dealing with hot grease wouldn’t you say.

The stocker at Wally World who overloads the racks and causes them to collapse could face jail too. Reckless endangerment.

Everyone risks jail for their mistakes. Only when dealing with cops is it outrageous to hold them to the same standards.

It is said that power corrupts. History shows this to be true. The way to prevent that corruption is accountability.

Actually. It is simple. Start out respectful and polite. Do not respond to the attitude of the driver. Remain professional at all times. That is liable to defuse the situation before it starts.

More than twenty years pulling people over. Not one complaint. Not one. Ever.

Now is that the minimum standard we should expect? No. I am not that crazy. But that should be the standard we strive for. The perfection we don’t believe we will reach but are constantly striving for.

Let’s be reasonable. Chauvin had a lot of complaints. So let’s talk about how we can or should address those complaints. I’m not saying fire the guy. I believe people can be better. They can learn from mistakes.

But let’s say you get a complaint and it is true the cop acted poorly. Unprofessional in his behavior. You decide to council him and give him more training. He does it again. And again. What now?

The same people screaming that cops are human and we can’t expect perfection are the same ones who demand life sentences for minor crimes because that is the only way to stop criminals.

Think about that for a minute. See the hypocrisy yet?

You stupid fuck, that squad is an extra duty the officers volunteer for. When they aren't allowed to do their sworn duty, they have every right to withdraw from the duty. All that typing and you got no fucking point.

//THREAD//

And they get paid performing that duty don’t they? So when the person paying them says do it this way why do we call it political interference?

we've been over this before Sman--you are full of shit
1. your OP is ridiculous crap--you are all over the place and don't make a point
2. it's NOT different for police
..in fact, police are held to a higher standard--example:
Darren Wilson was investigated THREE times...AFTER he had been exonerated the FIRST time
...one by white hater Obama's Admin and one by a cop HATER
3. again ---you don't provide ANY proof!!--just crap
YOU are Mr Perfect---stop the stupid shit--we are not stupid

A pilot who crash lands an airplane is subject to a long investigation as well. His actions are examined in the smallest detail. Investigators take months to do this investigation. Perhaps even more than a year. All this time the pilot is suspended. He’s not flying.

The investigation finds every mistake. No matter how irrelevant to the actual accident. And suggestions are put forth often becoming new regulations to try and prevent this from happening again.

Even Sully, the pilot who pulled off the Miracle on the Hudson has his every action examined in detail. They found fault with his actions in the final report. They said he made mistakes. They acknowledged that none of these mistakes caused or contributed to the accident. But they put them in the report anyway.

But this level of scrutiny is outrageous when we are talking about cops isn’t it? Why isn’t it outrageous when we are talking about pilots? Who are we to say Sully did anything but perfect with a landing in those circumstances where nobody died?

Why do a majority of blacks think the laws don't apply to them?

And, BTY, the police have every right to quit when they realize these Biden supporting politicians dont have their back

View attachment 481740

*****SMILE*****

Actually. People do risk jail for mistakes. Truck drivers can go to jail easily. The fry cook can go to jail if he screws up and starts a fire. Very possible when dealing with hot grease wouldn’t you say.

The stocker at Wally World who overloads the racks and causes them to collapse could face jail too. Reckless endangerment.

Everyone risks jail for their mistakes. Only when dealing with cops is it outrageous to hold them to the same standards.

It is said that power corrupts. History shows this to be true. The way to prevent that corruption is accountability.

1618870982556.png

Did I mention truck drivers? NO

The likelihood of a burger flipper or shelf stocker ever facing criminal charges for those things is next to nil. First you'd have to prove they had intent. More likely the insurance company will just cover the loss or damages and if someone is injured due to the burger flipper or shelf stocker incompetence the injured party is more likely to sue the business.

*****SMILE*****

//THREAD//

And they get paid performing that duty don’t they? So when the person paying them says do it this way why do we call it political interference?

You're just not very damn smart are ya. When decisions are based on politics and contradict established police procedures, it's rightly called political interference. It's really not that difficult to understand.

More than twenty years pulling people over. Not one complaint. Not one. Ever.

Now is that the minimum standard we should expect? No. I am not that crazy. But that should be the standard we strive for. The perfection we don’t believe we will reach but are constantly striving for.

Let’s be reasonable. Chauvin had a lot of complaints. So let’s talk about how we can or should address those complaints. I’m not saying fire the guy. I believe people can be better. They can learn from mistakes.

But let’s say you get a complaint and it is true the cop acted poorly. Unprofessional in his behavior. You decide to council him and give him more training. He does it again. And again. What now?

The same people screaming that cops are human and we can’t expect perfection are the same ones who demand life sentences for minor crimes because that is the only way to stop criminals.

Think about that for a minute. See the hypocrisy yet?
All I see is you greatly over simplifying the extremely dangerous and unpredictable nature of a Cop's daily job. Could you do that job? You make it sound really easy so I am guessing you think you could. I know I couldn't do it. But then I actually know what Cops go through since I know guys who are or have been Cops. I don't just cherry pick videos.

“What makes police think they are special?”

Decades of unfortunate Supreme Court decisions concerning the Fourth Amendment – particularly with regard to traffic stops.

It’s as if the Fourth Amendment doesn’t exist when one is in his car.

Arbitrary searches of a vehicle have always been ruled illegal.
The only time a search of a vehicle is legal is when there is "probably cause".

{...

While police generally need a warrant to search you or your property — during a traffic stop, police only need probable cause to legally search your vehicle. Probable cause means police must have some facts or evidence to believe you’re involved in criminal activity.

In other words, an officer’s hunch without evidence of illegal activity is not enough to legally search your car. Before searching, he must observe something real. Common examples of probable cause include the sight or smell of contraband in plain view or plain smell, or an admission of guilt for a specific crime. The presentation of any of these facts would allow an officer to perform a search and make an arrest.

Be aware that minor traffic violations (e.g. speeding, broken tail-light, or expired registration) are not considered probable cause.

...}

//THREAD//

You're just not very damn smart are ya. When decisions are based on politics and contradict established police procedures, it's rightly called political interference. It's really not that difficult to understand.

If your boss says your language is inappropriate do you say we used to be able to say sexist stuff.

Times change. Policies change to reflect the times. It is true everywhere. Not just for the police.

Many changes are driven by lawsuits. How many cities would you bankrupt so the police don’t have to change? Other changes are driven by the ultimate bosses, the voters. Fuck them right?

It is odd isn’t it? When the football players took a knee then boycotting the NFL was a patriotic thing to do. Boycott musicians. Boycott stores who stop selling various guns. All good.

But the same pressure brought on cops and those who oversee them and that is outrageous.

Forum List

Back