What kind of person is more prone to abuse power, a liberal or a conservative?

It took you 15 minutes to post this?
You don't think you're worth it?

5 minutes is more your speed huh?
3420c3f8610b8e87f33ac2c19227baf3.jpg

Why/why not?

Also, of the two given choices, which one do you align w/the most?

By liberal do you mean Classical Liberal...or left wingers using the word liberal to hide their leftism?

Conservatives in the U.S. seek to conserve the Constitution, the Bill of Rights.....so they are less prone to abuse power since they actually believe in limited government, separation of powers to reduce the accumulation of power in too few hands, and checks and balances to also diminish the accumulation of power.

Left wingers, on the other hand, believe if you give power to a few smart people, they can enact change much more quickly and efficiently........this leads to abuses since humans are flawed.......

Just my opinion here, but a person’s individuality may determine the potential of abuse more so than ideology.

I lean conservative, but could see potential for abuse by either end of the spectrum for different reasons.

I'd have to resist the question, as it seems to require a blanket generalization.

If you put the proverbial gun to my head I'd have to pick the conservative, not because of anything conservatism is, but because of what Liberal is not. Process of eliminaiton.
You agree that police are the symbol of authority in this country, correct?

They are one symbol of authority..... as are Teachers, politicians, judges, ....

Again I'd resist going to the blanket, but yes that's probably to be expected most of the time.
And would you say there's a little abuse, just the right amount of it, or a lot of abuse in police departments across the nation?

As in all places where there is power, there is abuse...but nowhere near the abuse that people attribute to them.....no more than teachers....who molest children at higher rates than priests........or politicians who abuse their power regularly.......

This is why as a country we were founded on limiting power, separating it and putting checks on it.....all things that left wingers do not want to do...since they see power as a means to enact the things they want.....and so want as much power as possible.

I would say a TON. WAY too much of which is unreported. Been on the receiving end of it myself.

Still don't see how this is going to the topic of power abuse between Liberal and Conservative. Cops are not politicians. Usually.
My OP wasn't referring to politicians.

Remember, I asked my fellow USMB members which of the two sides, liberal or conservatives, do they identify with.

My OP is about everyone....including cops, which, you seem to believe are mostly conservative, and tend to be corrupt, which ties perfectly into my OP.

See we agree.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

You mean like the power of unions.....public sector unions in particular, who use their power to keep schools closed, damaging millions of children and their ability to have a good future......primarily in democrat party controlled cities where a vast majority of public school children are minorities...which means the power hungry unions are intentionally hurting minority children to protect their wealth and power.....

You mean like that?

Why/why not?

The problem with Liberals is that they over-legislate because they think everyone is dumb as dogshit.
The problem with Conservatives is that they don't legislate because they think everyone is John Wayne.

Halfway clever. But your first line indicates an ignorance of what "Liberal" actually means. It's impossible for a Liberal to over-legislate. They're mutually exclusive.
Nice try, but we all know what "Liberal" means in 2021.
Democrats and Liberals are not the same.

"Liberal" in 2021 means the same thing it meant in 1921, same thing it meant in 1821, same thing it meant in 1776. You don't get to invent your own dictionary.

NO SHIT Democrats and Liberals are not the same. That's what I spanked that yahoo in post 21 for. Which is the only time I mentioned anything about "political parties".

No....."Liberal" does not mean the same thing.......

Today, "Liberal" means leftist........"Liberal," in the classical sense is the exact opposite of leftism......

To me, it may depend on why its abused in the first place. In other words, what matter gets the whole mess started to begin with?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Why/why not?

I'd have to resist the question, as it seems to require a blanket generalization.

If you put the proverbial gun to my head I'd have to pick the conservative, not because of anything conservatism is, but because of what Liberal is not. Process of eliminaiton.

That’s horseshit liberals aren’t any less prone to corruption than conservatives. Your ideology sucks and in no way make you more virtuous.

I guess we need to look at what have been egregious abuses of power.

FDR threw Japanese Americans into concentration camps. That was pretty egregious.

Truman used the FBI to spy on journalists

JFK ordered the assassination of a foreign leader and used the FBI to wiretap government officials

LBJ also used the FBI so spy on his critics.

Of course there's Nixon

Then there is the Patriot Act that was endorsed by GWB and Obama kept it in force

Seems to me to be pretty even between conservatives and liberals especially since some of these abuses of power continued under presidents from both parties

Again I'd resist going to the blanket, but yes that's probably to be expected most of the time.
And would you say there's a little abuse, just the right amount of it, or a lot of abuse in police departments across the nation?

As in all places where there is power, there is abuse...but nowhere near the abuse that people attribute to them.....no more than teachers....who molest children at higher rates than priests........or politicians who abuse their power regularly.......

This is why as a country we were founded on limiting power, separating it and putting checks on it.....all things that left wingers do not want to do...since they see power as a means to enact the things they want.....and so want as much power as possible.

And that --- the bolded part just above --- is what Liberalism is, which is what the thread title asked about. There's no mention there of "left wingers". But then perhaps you can't read.

Why/why not?

The problem with Liberals is that they over-legislate because they think everyone is dumb as dogshit.
The problem with Conservatives is that they don't legislate because they think everyone is John Wayne.

Halfway clever. But your first line indicates an ignorance of what "Liberal" actually means. It's impossible for a Liberal to over-legislate. They're mutually exclusive.

"Liberal" in 2021 means the same thing it meant in 1921, same thing it meant in 1821, same thing it meant in 1776. You don't get to invent your own dictionary.

NO SHIT Democrats and Liberals are not the same. That's what I spanked that yahoo in post 21 for. Which is the only time I mentioned anything about "political parties".

Today, "Liberal" means leftist........"Liberal," in the classical sense is the exact opposite of leftism......

The opposite of Liberal, insofar as there is one, is fascism, or more generally, authoritarianism. Your illiteracy about political terms you'd like to use but can't figure out, let alone the inability to read the thread title, is your issue.

Fix it.

Why/why not?

That’s horseshit liberals aren’t any less prone to corruption than conservatives. Your ideology sucks and in no way make you more virtuous.

Ah, another yahoo who skipped reading class.
The thread is about abusing power, not "corruption". Lurn too reed.

Why/why not?

The opposite of Liberal, insofar as there is one, is fascism, or more generally, authoritarianism. Your illiteracy about political terms you'd like to use but can't figure out, let alone the inability to read the thread title, is your issue.

Fix it.

Your dishonesty about political terms demonstrates one aspect of the danger the left wing poses to a free society.

And that --- the bolded part just above --- is what Liberalism is, which is what the thread title asked about. There's no mention there of "left wingers". But then perhaps you can't read.

Modern liberals are not "Classical Liberals." They do not believe in limiting power...they believe in concentrating power.....

The left wing began to use the term "Liberal," after people caught on to what they believed and the policies they wanted......so they changed their name...just like they are now going back to "progressive," now that "Liberal," has been identified as left wingers ........

Learn something...

Why/why not?

Fix it.

Your dishonesty about political terms demonstrates one aspect of the danger the left wing poses to a free society.

Actually your abject cluelessness about political science demonstrates that you have no business even showing up here just to embarrass yourself.

Case in point: Pregger Ewe.

FUCK outta here.

Why/why not?

Liberal: They will control the media while appeasing minorities with "free stuff".

Conservative: More free market driven.

These are of course generalizations as it is not black and white. No pun intended.

Forum List

Back