What kind of person is more prone to abuse power, a liberal or a conservative?

Why/why not?

Also, of the two given choices, which one do you align w/the most?

A black like you. You think whitey owes you.
What is your problem, bro? You're an absolute buzzkill on these forums, ya darn racist.
but MarcATL isnt ..... youre a good little white bOY [spelled with a lower case b] aintcha ? i'll bet you are absolutely terrified of blacks aintcha .... youre the white bOY that desperately wants blacks to know that youre no threat ...youre one of the good ones right . if a black guy got aggressive with you you would wilt and cry like a baby and shit your pants ... relax bOY blacks are people like everybody else ...your fear is in itself racist and bigoted .

Actually since you just pulled that entire scenario out of your ass, maybe it's you that is racist and bigoted.
It's all we have to go on.
this is what you just pulled out of your ass ... View attachment 463538

See, here's the difference between me and you, Hortense....

*I* didn't sit here and declare all manner of shit about somebody else I don't know and then take my own words as fact. YOU did.
been around long enough to recognize fear bigotry and weakness when i see it ... most so called woke white libbs are motivated by fear not love of blacks ...

Um.... nnnnno, you just made your shit up and foisted it on some anonymous poster about whom you know exactly nothing.

Smells of insecurity.
most white woke libbs are afraid of blacks and being called a racist .... thats a fact .

Nnnnno, that's AGAIN an imaginary theory you just pulled out of your ass.

Or in the short version:
---- Link?
even better ...actual photos ... and you can bet these aint conservatives pal! View attachment 463551
Pogo is mentally ill so it won't register.

I would say a TON. WAY too much of which is unreported. Been on the receiving end of it myself.

Still don't see how this is going to the topic of power abuse between Liberal and Conservative. Cops are not politicians. Usually.
My OP wasn't referring to politicians.

Remember, I asked my fellow USMB members which of the two sides, liberal or conservatives, do they identify with.

My OP is about everyone....including cops, which, you seem to believe are mostly conservative, and tend to be corrupt, which ties perfectly into my OP.

See we agree.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
You and Pogo agree!
I'm shocked!
I'm a Conservative who's doesn't believe in unfettered Capitalism.

Why/why not?

Power is an equal opportunty corrupter, sorry. It can lure anyone who gets within its sphere of magnetism. However, before I say anything else, I don't want to fall into the ol' "we're talking about liberals, not lefties" trap. What are we talking about here?

I would say a TON. WAY too much of which is unreported. Been on the receiving end of it myself.

Still don't see how this is going to the topic of power abuse between Liberal and Conservative. Cops are not politicians. Usually.
My OP wasn't referring to politicians.

Remember, I asked my fellow USMB members which of the two sides, liberal or conservatives, do they identify with.

My OP is about everyone....including cops, which, you seem to believe are mostly conservative, and tend to be corrupt, which ties perfectly into my OP.

See we agree.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Marc, could we maybe do away with every other word bolded? Makes it hard to read. It's like speed bumps.

Far as I know "Liberal" and "Conservative" are political terms. There may be cops, nurses, plumbers, whatever, who lean to one or the other but it doesn't follow that that they are therefore more or less prone to abuse power within their professions. A legislator leaning Liberal or Conservative is exercising one kind of power, a cop is exercising quite another.

Cops in general may lean right, way right, and may also abuse and grossly abuse their power. I don't see them as related. Cops abuse their power not as a result of being conservative but because they're immersed in Cop Culture, which holds a highly socially stratified outlook (and that is certainly a conservative, and militaristic, outlook). So in a roundabout way maybe there's an indirect association.

I suppose your point here is akin to what I often say, that you don't have to be racist to be a conservative, but you do have to be a conservative to be a racist, because of that same outlook of social stratification?

Anyway, as I said at the beginning, if I had to choose I'd say a Conservative is more likely to abuse power, given the choice between the two, simply because abuse of power is anathema to Liberalism.

Why/why not?

Power is an equal opportunty corrupter, sorry. It can lure anyone who gets within its sphere of magnetism. However, before I say anything else, I don't want to fall into the ol' "we're talking about liberals, not lefties" trap. What are we talking about here?

Title says "Liberal" so I take it at face value.

One wag here read that as "Democrats". :cuckoo:

Marc, could we maybe do away with every other word bolded? Makes it hard to read. It's like speed bumps.

Far as I know "Liberal" and "Conservative" are political terms. There may be cops, nurses, plumbers, whatever, who lean to one or the other but it doesn't follow that that they are therefore more or less prone to abuse power within their professions. A legislator leaning Liberal or Conservative is exercising one kind of power, a cop is exercising quite another.

Cops in general may lean right, way right, and may also abuse and grossly abuse their power. I don't see them as related. Cops abuse their power not as a result of being conservative but because they're immersed in Cop Culture, which holds a highly socially stratified outlook (and that is certainly a conservative, and militaristic, outlook). So in a roundabout way maybe there's an indirect association.

I suppose your point here is akin to what I often say, that you don't have to be racist to be a conservative, but you do have to be a conservative to be a racist, because of that same outlook of social stratification?

Anyway, as I said at the beginning, if I had to choose I'd say a Conservative is more likely to abuse power, given the choice between the two, simply because abuse of power is anathema to Liberalism.
Not a bad take, but the bolded stays.

Capiche? :D

r-4-GloCz-coAfM8-Y6DVeVZmZsCpdG_z7r5KkTvtc-7OxlZMHjQSeCCIMSgMOQCzdqhdyIszwFO40nBB9WyA56V7mrwbYR6S50vt6i4oBSfUFU9pVs4UeSj92cZii28XVPIWk5LQU5IfDxMBGKWxe-BacD_MePRX2Y

Why/why not?

The problem with Liberals is that they over-legislate because they think everyone is dumb as dogshit.
The problem with Conservatives is that they don't legislate because they think everyone is John Wayne.

Halfway clever. But your first line indicates an ignorance of what "Liberal" actually means. It's impossible for a Liberal to over-legislate. They're mutually exclusive.
Nice try, but we all know what "Liberal" means in 2021.
Democrats and Liberals are not the same.

"Liberal" in 2021 means the same thing it meant in 1921, same thing it meant in 1821, same thing it meant in 1776. You don't get to invent your own dictionary.

NO SHIT Democrats and Liberals are not the same. That's what I spanked that yahoo in post 21 for. Which is the only time I mentioned anything about "political parties".

Why/why not?

The problem with Liberals is that they over-legislate because they think everyone is dumb as dogshit.
The problem with Conservatives is that they don't legislate because they think everyone is John Wayne.

Halfway clever. But your first line indicates an ignorance of what "Liberal" actually means. It's impossible for a Liberal to over-legislate. They're mutually exclusive.

"Liberal" in 2021 means the same thing it meant in 1921, same thing it meant in 1821, same thing it meant in 1776. You don't get to invent your own dictionary.

NO SHIT Democrats and Liberals are not the same. That's what I spanked that yahoo in post 21 for. Which is the only time I mentioned anything about "political parties".

In 1921, Liberal did not mean you can have a naked parade in NYC or use the bathroom of the gender you feel like at the moment.

Not a bad take, but the bolded stays.

Capiche? :D

r-4-GloCz-coAfM8-Y6DVeVZmZsCpdG_z7r5KkTvtc-7OxlZMHjQSeCCIMSgMOQCzdqhdyIszwFO40nBB9WyA56V7mrwbYR6S50vt6i4oBSfUFU9pVs4UeSj92cZii28XVPIWk5LQU5IfDxMBGKWxe-BacD_MePRX2Y

OK well if that's the theme for the evening we'll just subject our eyes to lots of bumps....

Why/why not?

In 1921, Liberal did not mean you can have a naked parade in NYC or use the bathroom of the gender you feel like at the moment.

Correct.
And it doesn't mean that now. "Liberalism" refers to politics, not social mores.

Why/why not?

Correct.
And it doesn't mean that now.
A term means the manner in which it is expressed and "Let it all hang out" and "If it feels good, do it!", are expressions of Liberalism.

I know in advance that you have almost zero connection with the reality outside of the small perimeter of your mind.

Why/why not?

Correct.
A term means the manner in which it is expressed and "Let it all hang out" and "If it feels good, do it!", are expressions of Liberalism.
I thought I just told you, you can't just invent your own dictionary.

Your subjective impressions simply have no effect on definitions of terms that were here long before either of us saw the light of day. You can pretend some term means something else all you like, but then you can also pretend you didn't lose a presidential election. You can pretend anything you want. Doesn't make it real.

As for actual definitions, no Virginia, what Liberalism means has never had anything to do with "feelz". Perhaps my use of the adjective political flew over your cuckoo's nest.

Forum List

Back