What is your nature?

Any of your results true?

Seems to be....

I'm slow to anger. I'm smarter than my own good, in most cases.

My last job had a personality assessment as part of their hiring process and it came back saying I have trouble being assertive.
:eusa_shifty:

I don't know whether personality tests are very accurate, but if you are slow to anger and not too assertive you must excel at Negotiations, sales and diplomacy.

I am impatient and bad tempered so I admire calm people.

I had a personality assessment given to me by an international co. years ago. The owner offered me a job. lol. I took the second test offered here and my results didn't surprise me. I'm at a crossroads and don't know what it is I want to do. I feel stuck. Even drained of energy trying to figure it out. I'd have to say this test was pretty accurate for where I am at the moment. My results:

You are a calm person who is considered almost fearless by some, however you tend to lack energy and have difficult initiating activities. You are not prone to spells of energetic high spirits. You tend not to express your emotions openly and are sometimes not even aware of your own feelings. You are tenderhearted and compassionate, feeling the pain of others vicariously and are easily moved to pity, however you generally see others as selfish, devious, and sometimes potentially dangerous. You take your time when making decisions and will deliberate on all the possible consequences and alternatives.

Comment from Jeri: That is where I'm at - at the moment - I've been on a 4 yr vacation thinking about my next sales job. My last one was very intense - over 70 hours a week. I used to be energetic and out in front initiating new projects - I blew the doors off of the competition. I was running on wide open non stop- I had a corner office within the first 6 months I was there. I was the only woman on the sales team, at the top of my game, no 1 in sales - the only person in the company that made my own hours other than the owner - and still one day I just burned out and said, I don't want to do this anymore. Then I went home. My Boss was in shock and could not understand it. Neither could I. Still I went home. I'm enjoying the solitude.

have a nice day. - Jeri

Thanks, Jan. Here are my results for that one:

What is your nature?
You are most like the color Purple.

You are an intriguing color, a mixture of calm and passion, you provoke spiritual feelings. You are mysterious, creative, and eccentric. You tend to be inventive, thinking outside the box, and using methods that other people would find disturbing or different. You have good judgment and common sense when it comes to the world. You are constantly thinking, which turns some people off. You are puzzling to people who can't understand you, refreshing to those who can.

Thanks, Jan. Here are my results for that one:

What is your nature?
You are most like the color Purple.

You are an intriguing color, a mixture of calm and passion, you provoke spiritual feelings. You are mysterious, creative, and eccentric. You tend to be inventive, thinking outside the box, and using methods that other people would find disturbing or different. You have good judgment and common sense when it comes to the world. You are constantly thinking, which turns some people off. You are puzzling to people who can't understand you, refreshing to those who can.

:lol: We could be twins!!! I got that same result!

Does our CHARACTER change over time?

Can major life experiences alter our basic natures fundamentally and permanently?

Even in my sixth decade of living I honestly do not know the answers to these questions.

That is interesting, Jan. I'm wondering if we evolve into our true personalities. Like we eventually let go of all the things that are not us - and slowly take a hold of what is and that is when we find our true selves. I'm not sure. Just a thought.

Can major life experiences alter our basic natures fundamentally and permanently?

Even in my sixth decade of living I honestly do not know the answers to these questions.

Good questions! Thought provoking!

Personally, I do believe our character can change over time. I think it develops within the scope of our experiences.

What do you think?

It could be altered early on I believe, Editec. But permanently? No. I think the the human spirit can overcome anything. Given some space and time.

That is interesting, Jan. I'm wondering if we evolve into our true personalities. Like we eventually let go of all the things that are not us - and slowly take a hold of what is and that is when we find our true selves. I'm not sure. Just a thought.

Yeah...we're always "becoming"...not quite finished until the day we die I suppose.

I agree with that. I guess one of things that factor in is who impacts your world view. That might come from an unexpected source. Some people are like deep wells. They refresh your spirit. If you can connect with people like that then becoming who you are becomes easier. imo. - Jeri

I think it's important to keep the negative people away as much as possible. Those who zap your spirit...toxic!

What is your nature?

I find the humor in most things ... I have too or I'd go nuts.

Easy-going, non-confrontational (although that has been increasing as I age. lol), genuinely interested in what you have to say but prefer do not be around people much. Prefer the company of animals to most people.

I read somewhere that the older you get the more ingrained your traits become. From recent experiences I'd say that was true. What was stubbornness in younger years became obstinance (and then some!) in older years.

I'm a left mind cynic myself. I believe goals like power, money, sex and success are empty goals which only distract men from better pursuits such as self enlightenment; so the fact that I have failed to achieve much is more because of philosophy then the fact I'm idle bones or lazy. I also think issues such as environmentalism, social and economic equality and opposition to blatant militarism are ethical political concerns. Though I am also a pessimist and think the unpleasant and undesirable aspects of both the world and life outnumbered the good aspects. But that is just me.

I'm a left mind cynic myself. I believe goals like power, money, sex and success are empty goals which only distract men from better pursuits such as self enlightenment; so the fact that I have failed to achieve much is more because of philosophy then the fact I'm idle bones or lazy. I also think issues such as environmentalism, social and economic equality and opposition to blatant militarism are ethical political concerns. Though I am also a pessimist and think the unpleasant and undesirable aspects of both the world and life outnumbered the good aspects. But that is just me.

you really need to get laid

seriously

It says I'm blue..

You are the "Likable" color, and you provoke feelings of serenity. You are dependable, calm, and trustworthy. You also seem to sooth people who are in distress with your presence. You are constant and reliable, and you help those in need. You are intelligent, which other people may find irritating. However, you may also be more susceptible to feelings of sadness and loneliness, since it is sometimes hard for people to really understand you.

Forum List

Back