What is your favorite software and hardware?

actsnoblemartin

I love Andrea & April
Mar 7, 2007
San Diego, CA
what games do you play most frequently, what is your favorite of all time, do you remember the first computer, and what year it was made.

what is your favorite internet site

I like BF1942 and the various mods. I also like MS Flight Simulator.

Problem for me is Windows doesn't like me any more. One too many re-installs and it tried to make me buy a licence for a legal cd I've had for years. So over to Linux. I may get a commercial product to run the Windows games on Linux and it will be cheaper than paying for a new licence.

My first computer was an Amstrad PCW running a system using Mallard BASIC. The PCW was really a word processor but it did run some basic computer games and I mean basic. I think I got it in about 1984/5.

I haven't got a favourite site, I have many I regularly use for specific reasons.

I play Call of Duty 4 a lot
Not as much as I used to, cause there are a lot of cheaters with aimbots now, and that really takes the fun out of playing.

I just bought a Dell XPS M1330, and I love it.

I build my own computers. My current rig has the following specs:

Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3.83GHz on air
Abit IP35-Pro v1.1
4GB (4 x 1GB) Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR2 8500 @ 940MHz 4-4-4-12
EVGA GeForce GTX 280
Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty Professional
Logitech 5.1 Surround

Vista Ultimate 64-bit / XP Professional SP3 [dual-boot]

My favorite piece of Hardware is my laptop. My favorite software are my 3D graphics programs:
Poser, Shade, Bryce, and now Blender.

Blender rules in Linux with Gnome/KDE.

But my most used programs are Eclipse IDE (programming) and Open Office.

Gimp for graphics, the only inexpensive (free) graphics program that handles alpha transparency completely.

Amarok for listening to audio.

Fire Fox for surfing.

Java for programs I write ... well, it's the language but since it runs through a virtual machine it counts are a program.

My favorite software is Acronis (for backup and restore) and Diskeeper (for defraging).

Acronis, $40 on sale, has saved me several times when my PC refused to boot up. In 30 minutes Acronis restored my HD and I was back in business and didn't have to reset anything. I do an automatic nightly backup of my complete HD to an external HD.

Diskeeper cost $30 and does a great job. For instance My Documents folder was taking 50 seconds to open. That's a lifetime when you're waiting. I ran all my maintenance but it didn't help. Called a tech and posted problem on tech sites. No one had a solution. First time I ran Diskeeper it fixed the problem. It keeps my PC smoking. Diskeeper is far superior to windows' defrag program.

My favorite game is the original Silent Hunter submarine game. I got it free from Tucows years ago.

what games do you play most frequently, what is your favorite of all time, do you remember the first computer, and what year it was made.

what is your favorite internet site

Dayum.... Doncha know a lady never gives up her age? :)

The first computer was waybefore Windows.... Favorite game is still Tetris (in various versions).

I play Call of Duty 4 a lot
Not as much as I used to, cause there are a lot of cheaters with aimbots now, and that really takes the fun out of playing.

I just bought a Dell XPS M1330, and I love it.

Maybe you'd be interested in playing COD with my son.

my favourite game of all time is age of empire and project igi and my first computer was of LG which i bought about 5 years before...

I like many sites on net but my favourite one is digitalpoint.
138l1103.jpg

Forum List

Back