What is “Trumpism”?

We hear it thrown around all the time...right?
Is Trumpism nationalism?
Is it extreme patriotism?
Is it embracing and defending America’s right to sovereignty?
Is it the support and or display of core American values?
Is it preferring a likeminded society?

What is it and why do ‘some’ hold such discontent for it?

Here is a good example of "Trumpism"...

1597269410478.png

TRUMP EMBRACES QANON CRANK POISED FOR CONGRESS

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW
Adoration of an authoritarian nationalist strongman.

Arrogant ignorance, bigotry, paranoia, tribalism -- disguised as patriotism.

Unintentional mockery of "conservative values" and "small government".

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news".

Yeah. That's about it.
That's pretty good. I was just going to describe it as knee-jerk dime-store patriotism for the slogan susceptible masses, so they do not have to think, only emotionally feel the orange thrill down the back of their leg. Yours is better.

nothing wrong with patriotism. i'm proud to be a patriotic American.

and the "thrill down the leg", was one of yours, not ours.

funny you got that confused.
Shoot, I'm a patriot. Lots of patriots on this board of different political strip or philosophical position. Most are not just MAGA-pies, though.
if you were a patriot, you would not be offended by trump's patriotism or the patriotism of his supporters.
Not offended by trumps patriotism because I recognize it does not exist. Kind of offended by how the trumpets were fooled by his false sloganeering pseudo-patriotism, accepting it for actually caring about the country, instead of the reality of him only caring about himself and what the country can do for his business model.
And what’s the proof of that? Reports are that he’s lost billions being President...

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news".

Yeah. That's about it.
That's pretty good. I was just going to describe it as knee-jerk dime-store patriotism for the slogan susceptible masses, so they do not have to think, only emotionally feel the orange thrill down the back of their leg. Yours is better.

Shoot, I'm a patriot. Lots of patriots on this board of different political strip or philosophical position. Most are not just MAGA-pies, though.
if you were a patriot, you would not be offended by trump's patriotism or the patriotism of his supporters.
Not offended by trumps patriotism because I recognize it does not exist. Kind of offended by how the trumpets were fooled by his false sloganeering pseudo-patriotism, accepting it for actually caring about the country, instead of the reality of him only caring about himself and what the country can do for his business model.
And what’s the proof of that? Reports are that he’s lost billions being President...

proof? no proof. the point is to make a lot of accusations, until people stop challenging it.

this creates the illusion of credibility as the accusations are made and not challenged.

it is the logical fallacy of proof by assertion used as political propaganda.

that as the logical fallacy of ad hominen is pretty much all the libs have these days.

Yeah. That's about it.

By MATTHEW NUSSBAUM07/16/2018 05:46 AM EDT Updated 07/16/2018 10:10 PM EDT Politico
www.politico.com/story/2018/07/16/trump-russia-putin-summit-722418

President Donald Trump on Monday publicly sided with Russian President Vladimir Putin over his own intelligence agencies, refusing to condemn the Kremlin for interference in the 2016 election and saying that “I don’t see any reason” why Russia would have hacked Democratic computer servers.
Russia, Russia, Russia! That’s all you heard at the beginning of this Witch Hunt Hoax…And now Russia has disappeared because I had nothing to do with Russia helping me to get elected. It was a crime that didn’t exist. So now the Dems and their partner, the Fake News Media,…..
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 30, 2019
Updated 7:48 PM ET, Tue April 21, 2020 www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/politics/senate-report-russia-interference/index.html
A bipartisan report from the Senate Intelligence Committee released on Tuesday has backed the US intelligence community's conclusion that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election to help then-candidate Donald Trump.

By Julie Hirschfeld Davis and Maggie Haberman Jan. 11, 2017 New York Times www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/us/politics/trumps-press-conference-highlights-russia.html
“As far as hacking, I think it was Russia,” Mr. Trump said, his first comments accepting the conclusions of United States intelligence officials that Moscow had interfered in the election to help him win.

/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/absolutely-unprecedented-trump-upends-long-held-views-with-openness-to-foreign-assistance/2019/06/13
With his declared willingness to accept help from a foreign government in an election, President Trump upended long-held views that such outside assistance is anathema in American campaigns, both because of laws prohibiting foreign contributions and widely embraced norms of fair play.
Trump blew through those notions this week, telling ABC News that if a foreign government offered him information on a political opponent, “I think I’d want to hear it.”
He added that his own FBI director, Christopher A. Wray, was “wrong” when he said during congressional testimony that campaign aides should always report offers of assistance from foreign entities to the bureau.

The ruling, by U.S. District Judge Haywood Gilliam in Northern California federal court, affirmed his previous decision and made permanent last month’s injunction which temporarily stopped the administration from redirecting military funds for a border wall.

The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals handed President Donald Trump another rebuke Friday by ruling that the administration's efforts to redirect previously appropriated Pentagon funds towards his border wall was an unlawful violation of the Constitution.

At least seven migrant children have died in U.S. custody since late 2018 when the president began his policy of detaining them separately from their families.
The Trump administration went to court this week to argue that migrant children detained at the United States-Mexico border do not require basic hygiene products like soap and toothbrushes in order to be in held in "safe and sanitary" conditions. Trump's team also argued that requiring minors to sleep on cold concrete floors in crowded cells with low temperatures similarly fulfilled that requirement.
"You're really going to stand up and tell us that being able to sleep isn't a question of safe and sanitary conditions?" U.S. Circuit Judge Marsha Berzon asked Fabian.
Still, Fabian said that the Trump administration plans to apply for a motion of reconsideration and continue to appeal the ruling.

With trump trying anything short of an outright dictatorship on a variety of fronts until stopped by court order, it appears we are not the beacon to the world of a shining city on the hill anymore.
I do not know how much profit he has made personally as his records are hidden from public scrutiny, but his is not and has not made the moves he has made, due to a deep belief in truth, justice and the American way.

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW

Yeah. That's about it.

By MATTHEW NUSSBAUM07/16/2018 05:46 AM EDT Updated 07/16/2018 10:10 PM EDT Politico

President Donald Trump on Monday publicly sided with Russian President Vladimir Putin over his own intelligence agencies, refusing to condemn the Kremlin for interference in the 2016 election and saying that “I don’t see any reason” why Russia would have hacked Democratic computer servers.
Russia, Russia, Russia! That’s all you heard at the beginning of this Witch Hunt Hoax…And now Russia has disappeared because I had nothing to do with Russia helping me to get elected. It was a crime that didn’t exist. So now the Dems and their partner, the Fake News Media,…..
Updated 7:48 PM ET, Tue April 21, 2020 www.cnn.com/2020/04/21/politics/senate-report-russia-interference/index.html
A bipartisan report from the Senate Intelligence Committee released on Tuesday has backed the US intelligence community's conclusion that Russia interfered in the 2016 presidential election to help then-candidate Donald Trump.

By Julie Hirschfeld Davis and Maggie Haberman Jan. 11, 2017 New York Times www.nytimes.com/2017/01/11/us/politics/trumps-press-conference-highlights-russia.html
“As far as hacking, I think it was Russia,” Mr. Trump said, his first comments accepting the conclusions of United States intelligence officials that Moscow had interfered in the election to help him win.

/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/absolutely-unprecedented-trump-upends-long-held-views-with-openness-to-foreign-assistance/2019/06/13
With his declared willingness to accept help from a foreign government in an election, President Trump upended long-held views that such outside assistance is anathema in American campaigns, both because of laws prohibiting foreign contributions and widely embraced norms of fair play.
Trump blew through those notions this week, telling ABC News that if a foreign government offered him information on a political opponent, “I think I’d want to hear it.”
He added that his own FBI director, Christopher A. Wray, was “wrong” when he said during congressional testimony that campaign aides should always report offers of assistance from foreign entities to the bureau.

The ruling, by U.S. District Judge Haywood Gilliam in Northern California federal court, affirmed his previous decision and made permanent last month’s injunction which temporarily stopped the administration from redirecting military funds for a border wall.

The Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals handed President Donald Trump another rebuke Friday by ruling that the administration's efforts to redirect previously appropriated Pentagon funds towards his border wall was an unlawful violation of the Constitution.

At least seven migrant children have died in U.S. custody since late 2018 when the president began his policy of detaining them separately from their families.
The Trump administration went to court this week to argue that migrant children detained at the United States-Mexico border do not require basic hygiene products like soap and toothbrushes in order to be in held in "safe and sanitary" conditions. Trump's team also argued that requiring minors to sleep on cold concrete floors in crowded cells with low temperatures similarly fulfilled that requirement.
"You're really going to stand up and tell us that being able to sleep isn't a question of safe and sanitary conditions?" U.S. Circuit Judge Marsha Berzon asked Fabian.
Still, Fabian said that the Trump administration plans to apply for a motion of reconsideration and continue to appeal the ruling.

With trump trying anything short of an outright dictatorship on a variety of fronts until stopped by court order, it appears we are not the beacon to the world of a shining city on the hill anymore.
I do not know how much profit he has made personally as his records are hidden from public scrutiny, but his is not and has not made the moves he has made, due to a deep belief in truth, justice and the American way.
There’s your problem right there. You rely on nothing but the echo chamber of liberal confirmation bias...It’s proof of nothing but your own weak standards.

Yeah. That's about it.

There’s your problem right there. You rely on nothing but the echo chamber of liberal confirmation bias...It’s proof of nothing but your own weak standards.
His words and the words of his lawyers are hard to refute and certainly not by simply saying they are from an echo chamber. You have a reality gap and a social need to justify the unjustifiable.

Yeah. That's about it.

His words and the words of his lawyers are hard to refute and certainly not by simply saying they are from an echo chamber. You have a reality gap and a social need to justify the unjustifiable.

Not at all...I back Trump because I have over the years seen the difference between Republican, and Democrat leadership, and I have to say that under Republican leadership I have prospered more than under Democrats....

Before the virus, Trump had this country steaming forward, and prospering....Now, Democrats want to destroy that.

Yeah. That's about it.

Not at all...I back Trump because I have over the years seen the difference between Republican, and Democrat leadership, and I have to say that under Republican leadership I have prospered more than under Democrats....

Before the virus, Trump had this country steaming forward, and prospering....Now, Democrats want to destroy that.
Matter of perspective. I have prospered under both and am stable for the foreseeable future. I am not swayed by economic republican narrative. I hear people using the vote your wallet idea, but it seems rather short term in my situation.

Is Trumpism nationalism?

To me it's protecting the idea of American Exceptionalism and Individualism.
Trump is basically the ONLY person who is fearlessly oppositional in the face of trends, norms, and the oppressive groupthink that metastasizes through social media. Interestingly, Trump uses their own weapons against them, for example with his Twitter account and getting free publicity for saying shocking things.
In the 2016 RNC Trump said "I am your voice" he is the ONLY one with titanic balls of steel who will speak for the masses of sullen American individuals who have been cowed and silenced, who believe that "BLACK LIVES MATTER" is an overblown fad, who are afraid to wear their MAGA hats out in public.
Trump is the Voice of the Voiceless and what he does is extremely important for our society, its why he won before and its why he will win again.
Trumpism=speaking your mind even if it seems you're the only one who has that opinion and eveyone else disagrees with you.

Last edited:
Is Trumpism nationalism?

Trumpism is Trumpery

Trumpery has a regular definition and an urban definition.

trumpery
[ˈtrəmp(ə)rē]
NOUN
attractive articles of little value or use.
"None of your woolen drapery, nor linen drapery, nor any of your frippery or trumpery. I hate ostentation"
synonyms:
trinkets · baubles · cheap finery · knickknacks · ornaments · bibelots · gewgaws · gimcracks
ADJECTIVE
showy but worthless.
"trumpery jewelry"
synonyms:
showy · gaudy · garish · vulgar · tasteless · worthless · valueless · [more]

URBAN

Trumpery (noun): the use of outright lies, political smeers, bait and switch tactics, demagoguery, deflection, namecalling, political shell games, blameshifting, threats, fearmongering and any side show-con man methods to try to shield oneself from prosecution as a traitor, criminal, liar, fool, madman, and/or imbecile.

Is Trumpism nationalism?

Trumpism is Trumpery

Trumpery has a regular definition and an urban definition.

trumpery
[ˈtrəmp(ə)rē]
NOUN
attractive articles of little value or use.
"None of your woolen drapery, nor linen drapery, nor any of your frippery or trumpery. I hate ostentation"
synonyms:
trinkets · baubles · cheap finery · knickknacks · ornaments · bibelots · gewgaws · gimcracks
ADJECTIVE
showy but worthless.
"trumpery jewelry"
synonyms:
showy · gaudy · garish · vulgar · tasteless · worthless · valueless · [more]

URBAN

Trumpery (noun): the use of outright lies, political smeers, bait and switch tactics, demagoguery, deflection, namecalling, political shell games, blameshifting, threats, fearmongering and any side show-con man methods to try to shield oneself from prosecution as a traitor, criminal, liar, fool, madman, and/or imbecile.

trumpery is lefties talking like retarded children.

trumpism is the idea of trump's political style and actions and supporters, looked at as something that might have impact beyond trump's administration.

as such, discussing it seriously, is something serious people might do.

that leaves out retarded children like you.

Sing it, Roy.

Despite Democratic impeachment managers laying out a methodical case on Wednesday, Senate Republicans seem intent as ever on acquitting Donald Trump over his role in the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

Republicans Unswayed By Evidence Trump 'Incited' Mob Against U.S. Capitol

Let History judge those Republicans for their vote

But in the meantime, T**** can continue to twist arms in the Republican party like the thug he is, and Trumpism will continue unabated. That is not an acceptable outcome to me.

What is “Trumpism”?
Is it America First?
Is it practicing and living ‘The American Way’?

Sing it, Roy.

Despite Democratic impeachment managers laying out a methodical case on Wednesday, Senate Republicans seem intent as ever on acquitting Donald Trump over his role in the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

But in the meantime, T**** can continue to twist arms in the Republican party like the thug he is, and Trumpism will continue unabated. That is not an acceptable outcome to me.

What is “Trumpism”?
Is it America First?

You don't get to define 'The American Way.' Trumpians believe lies as if they were gullible five year olds, they ignore facts and advocate political violence against Democrats and minorities.

Sing it, Roy.

What is “Trumpism”?
Is it America First?

You don't get to define 'The American Way.'

Americans do.

Sing it, Roy.

What is “Trumpism”?
Is it America First?

You don't get to define 'The American Way.' Trumpians believe lies as if they were gullible five year olds, they ignore facts and advocate political violence against Democrats and minorities.

Either you didn't watch the video or you suck off of society.

Which GOP policies/ideals do you consider to be “lunacy”?

Clue, teh GOP has none. They had no campaign platform in 2020.

They need to get back to basics and jettison the insanity that is TRumpism.

How about we start with a sincere drive to balance the budget? When we have the presidency????

That would be novel, wouldn't it?

What is “Trumpism”?
Is it America First agendas?
Is it law and order?
Is it protecting, preserving and celebrating America’s history, value system, culture, tradition and the American Way?

Yeah. That's about it.

Matter of perspective. I have prospered under both and am stable for the foreseeable future. I am not swayed by economic republican narrative. I hear people using the vote your wallet idea, but it seems rather short term in my situation.

So you vote for the shit that really matters...like a soft tone, eloquent delivery and such?

Forum List

Back