What is “Trumpism”?

We know that you are no fan of the regressive left, but you are still going to vote for them. You made it clear that you are not an independent. I was 100% factually correct. You dislike Trump's personality and you will most likely vote for the regressive left. Again, you don't do positions, all you do is complain about demeanor. Trump's personality + X = vote for the regressive left. Problem is, you are far from the only one who never gets to the X part. You've never mentioned being keen on any third party candidate. Whatever X is, it must be pretty interesting for you to vote for all that garbage you are proud of speaking out against.

The problem with your point of view, Dusty, at least regarding "personality" versus "policy", is that Trump's personality makes policy a moot point. When the personality in question is stupid and dishonest, the rest of just doesn't matter. I can't trust anything he says, so what he says is irrelevant. And what he does is arbitrary and unpredictable.
Thanks for the reply. Glad for the civility. I never thought of the trust issue, just the pure dislike. While you might not agree with the policy, if you dig past your gag reflex, there is a framework of policies that people are supporting. Republicans are both surprised and pleased that he is actually trying and in many cases succeeding in doing exactly what he told voters he was going to do. We don't get a whole lot of that.

We know that you are no fan of the regressive left, but you are still going to vote for them. You made it clear that you are not an independent. I was 100% factually correct. You dislike Trump's personality and you will most likely vote for the regressive left. Again, you don't do positions, all you do is complain about demeanor. Trump's personality + X = vote for the regressive left. Problem is, you are far from the only one who never gets to the X part. You've never mentioned being keen on any third party candidate. Whatever X is, it must be pretty interesting for you to vote for all that garbage you are proud of speaking out against.

The problem with your point of view, Dusty, at least regarding "personality" versus "policy", is that Trump's personality makes policy a moot point. When the personality in question is stupid and dishonest, the rest of just doesn't matter. I can't trust anything he says, so what he says is irrelevant. And what he does is arbitrary and unpredictable.
What they never seem to understand is that behavior and temperament can profoundly affect both actions and responses.

Why this has to be so complicated is a mystery.
Still waiting for that X Mac. Of course temperament can affect actions. What seems to be complicated and a mystery is the disagreeable actions you believe Trump's behavior is causing. I think it is fair to ask for a political opponent to separate the personality from actual policy.

Thanks for the reply. Glad for the civility. I never thought of the trust issue, just the pure dislike. While you might not agree with the policy, if you dig past your gag reflex, there is a framework of policies that people are supporting. Republicans are both surprised and pleased that he is actually trying and in many cases succeeding in doing exactly what he told voters he was going to do. We don't get a whole lot of that.

The only thing he said he would do that mattered to me was repealing ACA, and he failed. Other than that, he's radically and recklessly expanded the power of the Presidency, setting dangerous precedent that future Presidents are sure to abuse. I don't want a country run by executive orders from the President.

I don't see any principle or consistent ideology in the policies Trump pursues. Near as I can tell he just echoes whatever right wing talk show hosts are talking about.

What they never seem to understand is that behavior and temperament can profoundly affect both actions and responses.

Still waiting for that X Mac. Of course temperament can affect actions. What seems to be complicated and a mystery is the disagreeable actions you believe Trump's behavior is causing. I think it is fair to ask for a political opponent to separate the personality from actual policy.
What? Every freaking thing he DOES is influenced by his temperament. Denying the severity of the virus for so long, giving so many mixed and flawed and fucked up signals on the virus that we have NO leadership as people DIE, alienating the rest of the world INCLUDING our former allies, emboldening Russia and China to take advantage of our instability and shrinkage from the world stage, lying and bullshitting with such consistency that NO decision-makers on the PLANET can take him seriously, putting our manufacturing industry on a prolonged recession because of his tariffs, going through critical staff hires like water because people can't stand working him OR because they didn't bend over, on and on.

And I say "on and on" because I know you won't agree with any of that. Why bother posting more.

So now, instead of voting third party as I would LIKE to, I'm stuck voting directly against Trump. Again.

You're an obedient Trumpster. Good for you. I'm only voting for Biden because Trumpism is ugly and ignorant and dangerous.

It's not complicated. We just have a lot frightened, stupid people voting.

Are you referring to all those minorities voting Democrat by default based on skin color? YES, Dems have them scared shitless and ofcourse, by and large they are quite politically ignorant.
I’m certain Mac1958 has posted extensively on the scare tactics used by the Mexicrat Party.

Are you referring to all those minorities voting Democrat by default based on skin color? YES, Dems have them scared shitless and ofcourse, by and large they are quite politically ignorant.
I’m certain Mac1958 has posted extensively on the scare tactics used by the Mexicrat Party.

As possibly the stupidest and most fearful person on USMB, I'm not surprised my point evaded you - but the fact is, I'm talking about YOU!

Hmm... maybe you did know that, and that's why you responded. If so - kudos. You're catching on!

As possibly the stupidest and most fearful person on USMB, I'm not surprised my point evaded you - but the fact is, I'm talking about YOU BL!

Hmm... maybe you did know that, and that's why you responded. If so - kudos. You're catching on!

Yes, I’m stupid and fearful because you say so...because I don’t level with fools like you, because I hate wetbacks, because I believe America is better without faggots, men in dresses, weirdos, criminals and degenerate pieces of shits.....Aren’t you the dude wasting your time voting for folks with the same odds of winning as Hulk Hogan? Who’s stupid?

As possibly the stupidest and most fearful person on USMB, I'm not surprised my point evaded you - but the fact is, I'm talking about YOU BL!

Yes, I’m stupid and fearful because you say so...because I don’t level with fools like you, because I hate wetbacks, because I believe America is better without faggots, men in dresses, weirdos, criminals and degenerate pieces of shits.....Aren’t you the dude wasting your time voting for folks with the same odds of winning as Hulk Hogan? Who’s stupid?
Good example. Thanks!

I like that “paranoid” “fearful” spin that dblack and Mac1958 are pitching...I’m sure that’s going over as well as a fart in church....Those whom are too patriotic are “paranoid”....those whom defend our Declaration Of Independence and right to sovereignty are “fearful”.

What? Every freaking thing he DOES is influenced by his temperament. Denying the severity of the virus for so long, giving so many mixed and flawed and fucked up signals on the virus that we have NO leadership as people DIE, alienating the rest of the world INCLUDING our former allies, emboldening Russia and China to take advantage of our instability and shrinkage from the world stage, lying and bullshitting with such consistency that NO decision-makers on the PLANET can take him seriously, putting our manufacturing industry on a prolonged recession because of his tariffs, going through critical staff hires like water because people can't stand working him OR because they didn't bend over, on and on.

And I say "on and on" because I know you won't agree with any of that. Why bother posting more.

So now, instead of voting third party as I would LIKE to, I'm stuck voting directly against Trump. Again.

You're an obedient Trumpster. Good for you. I'm only voting for Biden because Trumpism is ugly and ignorant and dangerous.
Well I'm glad you provided that much. You are right, I don't agree with you, but I didn't know people on message boards, or political opponents had to agree. I think people largely respected your posts, and would be willing to listen to your side. I don't think you had to give up and can still find meaningful discussion. If you wanted to talk about any one of the issues you brought up, I'm sure people would be willing to discuss it. You wouldn't even have to convince people to join your position, you could just show different opinions and show someone an accurate alternative to their viewpoints.

So we all agree that 99% of the media is stupid and dishonest.

That doesn't seem to have anything to do with the post(s) you're responding to. What's your point?

That doesn't seem to have anything to do with the post(s) you're responding to. What's your point?
It's right to the point...the media started the vitriol against Trump and Trump responded in kind.
Yes, I know, you never watched Trump on Hannity.
Give yourself a hand for being objective.

It's right to the point...the media started the vitriol against Trump and Trump responded in kind.

Still don't see what that has to do with the discussion we were having. Just grandstanding?

Still don't see what that has to do with the discussion we were having. Just grandstanding?
You know why you don't understand?
Because you're about as bright as the 5 Libertarians who live in my community.
Your double standards make you look like the moron you are.

Ahh... insults.

So, you got nuthin?

Ahh... insults.

So, you got nuthin?
I got legislation.
A Libertarian is a neo-Con that rejects foreign intervention...until it's necessary.
It kills you that Trump is pro-American Citizen.

Tell us how many times you watched Trump on Hannity during the campaign when he didn't have a reporter attacking him with nonsense.
I'm betting you didn't watch even once.

Ahh... insults.

So, you got nuthin?
I got legislation.
A Libertarian is a neo-Con that rejects foreign intervention...until it's necessary.

Tell us how many times you watched Trump on Hannity during the campaign when he didn't have a reporter attacking him with nonsense.
I don't watch television.

Ahh... insults.

So, you got nuthin?
I got legislation.

I don't watch television.
From where do you get your first hand, unedited, in-context information?

Indeed I have. The many squabbles I've had with the Regressive Left here regarding how they have weaponized PC and Identity Politics for political gain.

Hundreds. At least.

And get this: I'm going back and forth right now with one who claims that PC doesn't even EXIST. Go figure!

Thanks for pointing that out! You da man!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back