What is “Trumpism”?

Adoration of an authoritarian nationalist strongman.

Arrogant ignorance, bigotry, paranoia, tribalism -- disguised as patriotism.

Unintentional mockery of "conservative values" and "small government".

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news".

Yeah. That's about it.

This is just an example of the construct of Trump that the left has made to justify their hatred of both Trump himself, and those who voted for (and will vote for) him.
Kinda like how y’all use “TDS” to ignore any alternative opinions and facts?

TDS accusations ignore nothing, they just point out rote hatred of Trump without basis on what he is actually doing.
Oh goodness are you mistaken. TDS is an ad hominem and once labeled, all argument from such a person is summarily ignored regardless of merit.

Happens daily.

It's a valid observation that with regards to Trump, some posters cannot see anything he does as right, or even neutral. Everything he does it wrong, and it's not because of politics, it's because he's the most evil person on the planet, just like the last Republican President was, and the one before that (not now of course, now they are shining examples of "good" republicans, it was only back then that they were ChimpyMcHilterDevilBush/Bush/Reagan. )
It’s far more often an ad hominem used only to squash criticism.

lazy.

If you check my posting history it's usually used as a first response to a rambling baseless "Orange Man Bad" screed by a TDS suffering moron.

I'll gladly discuss any topic you want in the CDZ. However shitposts with no value beyond progressive ragecrying will be given only the scorn they deserve in the open zones.

This isn’t just about you, obviously.

Take this article for example, it was posted here recently.

See, if I don’t think that hydroxychloroquine is effective against COVID, I have TDS. That’s the only reason I would believe such a thing. It’s not that I might have a medical degree, that I’ve done a full examination of the evidence. It’s not that I’ve looked at the numerous RCTs which failed to show a benefit. It’s not that the FDA pulled its emergency approval due to lack of efficacy.

I have TDS and the person who has no medical education says I’m killing thousands of people because of it.

TDS is assuming Cholorquinine will never work just because Trump said it MIGHT, and now you are locked into denying it will EVER work just because of that.
Who said that it would never work just because of Trump?

When Trump was saying it could be the biggest game changer in the history of medicine, I was saying that it was too soon to tell and it was. The criticism of Trump early on was that he was going to far in describing its evidence.

And now the Trump faithful can not admit that if doesn’t work because they’re so locked in to supporting Trump.

But do you understand my criticism of the article? The author is using TDS to explain away the scientific process that didn’t go the way Trump wanted.

There are studies that says it works, and studies that say it doesn't. There are studies with it alone, and with other compounds, like zinc or vitamin C. Considering it is a well tested drug with minimal side effects at the doses being tried, why would not using it and seeing if it worked and how be such a non-starter?

But according to the left it can't work because Trump said it might work. and they will sink with the ship to prove so.
Again, who was saying it can’t work just because of Trump?

Because there were early observational studies showing it had an effect and we DID try it early on. It was very frequently used to treat COVID patients early in the pandemic while the NIH put together a randomized clinical trial which is the told standard. The results of the NIH trial were negative and so the FDA pulled the emergency approval and it fell out of protocols for treatment as we moved on to other treatments.

Trump’s rhetoric had zero effect on that process.

But somehow this author believes that the only reason we don’t really use it anymore is TDS and what really cracks me up is the author makes this conclusion based on zero medical knowledge or experience.

TDS is the crutch to ignore reality here.

They don't have to say it, they just have to show it. You can tell by the type of response that the person isn't responding via belief in science or data, but simply in the fact that "If Comrade Trump says it, it must be false"

And you quote one round of studies showing what you want to see, and thus that is the be all end all, and you dismiss anything else about it.

"If Trump said it, it must be false" is your starting point, and you will dog pile every study that backs that up into your mind to back up your "Orange Man Bad" default viewpoint.
No, I'm not dismissing everything else. The early observational studies are what leads to randomized clinical trials, but if a RCT shows no benefit, then that's the definitive study. That's why the FDA pulled the emergency approval for hydroxychloroquine. Tell me, does the FDA have TDS?

Trumpism is refusing to acknowledge that the studies were negative and it's time to move on.

So one set of studies and done right?

Day-to-day existence within an ideological bubble that considers any "news" or "information" not provided within that bubble to be "fake news".

Yeah. That's about it.

This is just an example of the construct of Trump that the left has made to justify their hatred of both Trump himself, and those who voted for (and will vote for) him.

Who needed a construct to call out shitty people and shitty values? I'll say it right to their shitty faces.

A Construct gives you a bogeyman. It just shows the collective and authoritarian nature of those who despise Trump. That and having to come up with an "ism" to describe a supposed movement created by his positions and views.

Horseshit. Cult45 aren't mysterious or deep thinkers. They're just bad pennies.

No explanation to back up your observation, just TDS twat-trabble.

3 Peer reviewed studies actually. Here's one. This is why words from the leader of the free world matter...and why he shouldn't be opening his mouth on subjects he hasn't a clue on.

Yes, Trump Defense Syndrome is rampant in this country. It has proven resistant to the drug combination of reason and common sense.

Peer reviewed study right back at ya:

Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows

See? i can google search and link something I barely read as well!!!!

No explanation to back up your observation, just TDS twat-trabble

No explanation necessary beyond observing an old, fat, stupid, lazy criminal in the WH on a daily basis

thumb_tds-liberal-trump-should-be-in-jail-me-for-what-62357318.png

Obstruction of justice, enrichment of private business with taxpayer funds, numerous hatch act violations, sexual harassment, rape. Take your pick.

Yeah. That's about it.

TDS accusations ignore nothing, they just point out rote hatred of Trump without basis on what he is actually doing.
Oh goodness are you mistaken. TDS is an ad hominem and once labeled, all argument from such a person is summarily ignored regardless of merit.

Happens daily.

It's a valid observation that with regards to Trump, some posters cannot see anything he does as right, or even neutral. Everything he does it wrong, and it's not because of politics, it's because he's the most evil person on the planet, just like the last Republican President was, and the one before that (not now of course, now they are shining examples of "good" republicans, it was only back then that they were ChimpyMcHilterDevilBush/Bush/Reagan. )

lazy.

If you check my posting history it's usually used as a first response to a rambling baseless "Orange Man Bad" screed by a TDS suffering moron.

I'll gladly discuss any topic you want in the CDZ. However shitposts with no value beyond progressive ragecrying will be given only the scorn they deserve in the open zones.

See, if I don’t think that hydroxychloroquine is effective against COVID, I have TDS. That’s the only reason I would believe such a thing. It’s not that I might have a medical degree, that I’ve done a full examination of the evidence. It’s not that I’ve looked at the numerous RCTs which failed to show a benefit. It’s not that the FDA pulled its emergency approval due to lack of efficacy.

I have TDS and the person who has no medical education says I’m killing thousands of people because of it.

TDS is assuming Cholorquinine will never work just because Trump said it MIGHT, and now you are locked into denying it will EVER work just because of that.

When Trump was saying it could be the biggest game changer in the history of medicine, I was saying that it was too soon to tell and it was. The criticism of Trump early on was that he was going to far in describing its evidence.

And now the Trump faithful can not admit that if doesn’t work because they’re so locked in to supporting Trump.

But do you understand my criticism of the article? The author is using TDS to explain away the scientific process that didn’t go the way Trump wanted.

There are studies that says it works, and studies that say it doesn't. There are studies with it alone, and with other compounds, like zinc or vitamin C. Considering it is a well tested drug with minimal side effects at the doses being tried, why would not using it and seeing if it worked and how be such a non-starter?

But according to the left it can't work because Trump said it might work. and they will sink with the ship to prove so.

Because there were early observational studies showing it had an effect and we DID try it early on. It was very frequently used to treat COVID patients early in the pandemic while the NIH put together a randomized clinical trial which is the told standard. The results of the NIH trial were negative and so the FDA pulled the emergency approval and it fell out of protocols for treatment as we moved on to other treatments.

But somehow this author believes that the only reason we don’t really use it anymore is TDS and what really cracks me up is the author makes this conclusion based on zero medical knowledge or experience.

They don't have to say it, they just have to show it. You can tell by the type of response that the person isn't responding via belief in science or data, but simply in the fact that "If Comrade Trump says it, it must be false"

And you quote one round of studies showing what you want to see, and thus that is the be all end all, and you dismiss anything else about it.

"If Trump said it, it must be false" is your starting point, and you will dog pile every study that backs that up into your mind to back up your "Orange Man Bad" default viewpoint.
No, I'm not dismissing everything else. The early observational studies are what leads to randomized clinical trials, but if a RCT shows no benefit, then that's the definitive study. That's why the FDA pulled the emergency approval for hydroxychloroquine. Tell me, does the FDA have TDS?

Trumpism is refusing to acknowledge that the studies were negative and it's time to move on.

Yeah. That's about it.

Who needed a construct to call out shitty people and shitty values? I'll say it right to their shitty faces.

A Construct gives you a bogeyman. It just shows the collective and authoritarian nature of those who despise Trump. That and having to come up with an "ism" to describe a supposed movement created by his positions and views.

3 Peer reviewed studies actually. Here's one. This is why words from the leader of the free world matter...and why he shouldn't be opening his mouth on subjects he hasn't a clue on.

Yes, Trump Defense Syndrome is rampant in this country. It has proven resistant to the drug combination of reason and common sense.

Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows

Yeah that one was already sent to the crapper. You're a bit behind the curve. I think you're the only hack here bud.

Well, no. It took a while to get to that phase. This is how medicine works. We start with in vitro studies, infecting cells in a petri dish and seeing if hydroxychloroquine worked. Then we move on to observational studies. People reporting that they tried it on a series of patients. These are retrospective and not controlled, which means they're prone to error. Confounding factors can sneak in, but they're good enough to warrant further investigation. If those are all positive, then we move on to randomized clinical trials. RCTs are gold standard. They are the least likely to be affected by confounding or bias. If the RCT is negative, that's the strongest possible evidence. We find often that observational studies show one thing and the RCT shows another, and since the RCT is the better study, we go with that.

So that's what happened. Observational retrospective trials were positive, so we moved onto RCTs. The RCTs were negative so the drug fell out of favor. It's not just our big RCT that was negative. There were others in the UK and Europe that were negative as well.

This is how medicine works. It doesn't care what Trump says. It just did the work that it always does.

So why did the FDA pull the emergency approval for hydroxychloroquine? Were they all affected by TDS? That's what I've been told here.

Yet there are still positive results out there, which you ignore, because you feel like ignoring it, because you WANT to believe Trump was wrong, and that's that.

Where is the harm in giving Cholorquinine or even Antivirals to try to fight this?

Why is ruining the economy to win the election for the Democrats the only solution to COVID?

You know the answer.

I haven't ignored positive results at all, but those positive results are outweighed by the strength of the negative trials. That's not TDS, that's how evidence based medicine works.

The best designed, best controlled, best run trials were negative, so it's time to move on. Trumpism is refusing to acknowledge that and instead blaming this on TDS.

They are only outweighed in your mind because you want them to be outweighed. Because deep down anything that shows Trump to be "right" is wrong, and could get him re-elected, and you JUST CAN'T HAVE THAT.

And "best designed, best controlled, best run" qualifier is only in your useless opinion, because, it backs your own narrative.

being a hack is one thing, being one in self denial is fucking pathetic.
No, they're outweighed because a randomized placebo controlled double blinded clinical trial is better evidence than a retrospective observational study. That's how medical science works regardless of what Trump says or does.

It's Trumpism to refuse to accept that and that, sir, is what is so fucking pathetic.

One study, or a few studies vs. another. You take the one that agrees with your views as gospel, and ignore all others.

The actual results won't be known for years. Yet you have decided the Germans will win and have won Stalingrad based on the first few weeks of the battle.

And you do that because TRUMP HAS TO BE WRONG.

And just to make sure you know how much disdain I have for you:

colfax_m takes it up the ass doo dah, doo dah
colfax_m take sit up the ass, oh dee dooh dah day

Ha! And you pretend to be reasonable. This is exactly what I mean. TDS is used to deny facts, reality and stifle debate.

What's a better study for the efficacy of a drug for a particular infectious disease? A randomized placebo controlled double blinded clinical trial or a retrospective observational study?

I can be reasonable, but hacks like you don't deserve my deference.

It's amazing how you use words you barely understand.

Go on, tell me how I've been a hack in this conversation? Because I've evaluated the evidence and reached the same conclusions that the FDA, NIH and IDSA all reached?

You aren't making an argument, just ad hominems.

I'm a hack because I don't agree with Trump, not because of the strength of my argument. That's Trumpism.

You have probably read a story that went over the results of the studies, a story with a anti-trump bias, and then you just parroted whatever they said about said studies.

You didn't evaluate shit. You read someone else's views on the studies and now pretend like you investigated all the backup information from the story thoroughly, and have reached your obvious conclusion "Orange Man Bad"

That's exactly the point I've been trying to make. Anyone saying that hydroxychloroquine doesn't work is "anti-Trump". That's how TDS is used to stifle debate, to ignore reality.

So let's see what the "anti-Trump" FDA said about it:
Based on its ongoing analysis of the EUA and emerging scientific data, the FDA determined that chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are unlikely to be effective in treating COVID-19 for the authorized uses in the EUA. Additionally, in light of ongoing serious cardiac adverse events and other potential serious side effects, the known and potential benefits of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine no longer outweigh the known and potential risks for the authorized use.

Why did the "anti-Trump" FDA say that? Well it's because the "anti-Trump" NIH ended their trial:
A clinical trial to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of adults hospitalized with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has been stopped by the National Institutes of Health. A data and safety monitoring board (DSMB) met late Friday and determined that while there was no harm, the study drug was very unlikely to be beneficial to hospitalized patients with COVID-19. After its fourth interim analysis the DSMB, which regularly monitors the trial, recommended to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), part of NIH, to stop the study. NHLBI halted the trial immediately.

So are you going to keep hiding behind the "anti-Trump" or "TDS" crutches?

We hear it thrown around all the time...right?
Is Trumpism nationalism?
Is it extreme patriotism?
Is it embracing and defending America’s right to sovereignty?
Is it the support and or display of core American values?
Is it preferring a likeminded society?

What is it and why do ‘some’ hold such discontent for it?

It is Americans acting in their self interest, same as all the other people who accuse us of "Trumpism".

Enough with them.
True selfishness is a big part of it

Exactly the opposite. Trump derangement and selfishness go hand in hand. Endless entitlements and benefits provided at other people's expense is what it is all about. Trumpism is the realization we must do what is right for the nation and put aside our ego for a moment.
That’s policy and can be debated. But you just said it very well, “It is Americans acting in their self interest”

We can debate which ideology is more selfish than the other, that’s a big discussion, but at the heart of Trumpism is a very selfish outlook and way of dealing with issues. No doubt about that

Awesome!
Individualism is a pillar of our nations founding. We need to get back to what made us great.
Individualism is great. I think the USA has and still stands for that

You'll find “selfishness” lying at the root of individualism.
Well that depends on how you balance it in your life. Everybody is selfish to a degree
Let’s get away from the word games...In what context does selfishness bother you as you relate it to Trumpism?
Well mainly the fact that EVERYTHING is about Trump. The ego of the man is unbelievable and instead of providing honest leadership he spouts pure bullshit trying to spin every situation as a win. And then his puppet followers just follow suit. I can deal with ideological differences. I respect elements of both parties. But we can’t even talk policy and details because Trump doesn’t do details. He does simplistic talking points and petty attacks. Our discourse is on par with an elementary school playground and Trump is the bully eating everybody’s lunch. The selfishness of how he conducts himself defines the very worst elements of the word.

What you see and hear is Trump speaking and acting on behalf of a beyond livid Right. Look, I don’t know why you Lefties refuse to process this but I am dead serious when I say it...The Right HATES the Left far more than Hitler ever hated Jews. We view the Left as America’s worst enemy. Trump, like us, aims to attack, expose, insult and offend the Left with EVERYTHING he says and does...it’s why he is so adored by the Right. He, like us, have ZERO interest in ‘working with’ and making deals with the Left.

Is Trumpism nationalism?

It is Americans acting in their self interest, same as all the other people who accuse us of "Trumpism".

Enough with them.

Exactly the opposite. Trump derangement and selfishness go hand in hand. Endless entitlements and benefits provided at other people's expense is what it is all about. Trumpism is the realization we must do what is right for the nation and put aside our ego for a moment.
That’s policy and can be debated. But you just said it very well, “It is Americans acting in their self interest”

We can debate which ideology is more selfish than the other, that’s a big discussion, but at the heart of Trumpism is a very selfish outlook and way of dealing with issues. No doubt about that

Awesome!
Individualism is a pillar of our nations founding. We need to get back to what made us great.

Well that depends on how you balance it in your life. Everybody is selfish to a degree
Let’s get away from the word games...In what context does selfishness bother you as you relate it to Trumpism?
Well mainly the fact that EVERYTHING is about Trump. The ego of the man is unbelievable and instead of providing honest leadership he spouts pure bullshit trying to spin every situation as a win. And then his puppet followers just follow suit. I can deal with ideological differences. I respect elements of both parties. But we can’t even talk policy and details because Trump doesn’t do details. He does simplistic talking points and petty attacks. Our discourse is on par with an elementary school playground and Trump is the bully eating everybody’s lunch. The selfishness of how he conducts himself defines the very worst elements of the word.
It can't be just about demeanor however. I think it is a mistake to think Trump supporters are supporting the person and not the policies. It is a bit insulting to call millions of people dupes and puppets. You say you respect ideological differences, but then do not respect people for supporting different ideas. In post 170, you ask why it is even necessary to have opposing viewpoints.
I understand that there are people who support the policies and hold their nose when it comes to the personality. The dupes and puppets are the ones that make excuses and propagate the lies that he tells on a regular basis. We are so far off from debating policy at this point. The conversation has turned into who is hiding from the virus and who is more mentally unfit and who is more perverted with the ladies. We are no trying to criminalize our political opponents, it’s happening on both sides. Dirty campaign tactic have almost completely taken over and it is so unhealthy for our democracy. A real shame

No explanation to back up your observation, just TDS twat-trabble

No explanation necessary beyond observing an old, fat, stupid, lazy criminal in the WH on a daily basis

thumb_tds-liberal-trump-should-be-in-jail-me-for-what-62357318.png

Obstruction of justice, enrichment of private business with taxpayer funds, numerous hatch act violations, sexual harassment, rape. Take your pick.

All because you said so?
What court heard these cases?
Do you realize how retarded you sound?

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

lazy.

Yeah. That's about it.

I've read this study. It's a retrospective observational trial, so it's prone to bias. There are substantial differences in the way each group was treated. One of the biggest problems is that the hydroxychloroquine treatment arm was twice as likely to receive steroids, which coincidentally has shown a substantial benefit in mortality in randomized placebo controlled trials. So at this time, the results may very well be because of these differences than the effect of hydroxychloroquine.

That's why these retrospective observational studies aren't as good as prospective randomized clinical trials.

Is Trumpism nationalism?

Enough with them.

Awesome!

What you see and hear is Trump speaking and acting on behalf of a beyond livid Right. Look, I don’t know why you Lefties refuse to process this but I am dead serious when I say it...The Right HATES the Left far more than Hitler ever hated Jews. We view the Left as America’s worst enemy. Trump, like us, aims to attack, expose, insult and offend the Left with EVERYTHING he says and does...it’s why he is so adored by the Right. He, like us, have ZERO interest in ‘working with’ and making deals with the Left.
I know many conservatives and they do not share your hatred... thank god. You are an unhealthy person and your viewpoints are toxic. I do agree with you though, Trump feeds those who think like you, those who are truly deplorable and harvest inner hate for fellow humans just because they have a different viewpoint on life and government. It’s a really sad and ugly thing.

Is Trumpism nationalism?

Trumpism is an in-your-face, 24x7 never ending dog whistle. Except every human being can hear it. He never puts it down. And you willing rubes chase after it with your tongues flapping in the breeze.
He plays his supporters. He thinks they are morons. He has no respect for his supporters. They're just willingly useful idiots to him. The only thing that interests Trump....is Trump and how he benefits.
Doesn't read, doesn't think, wouldn't know policy if it ran up to him and stole his Quarter Pounder with Cheese, and a carnival barking fraud on top of it.
I hold discontent for it because I weep that our society has fallen to the level of thinking this kind behavior out of our politicians should be normalized.
He plays his supporters.
seems like how most politicians are....especially all the long timers....

Is Trumpism nationalism?

Enough with them.

Awesome!

I know many conservatives and they do not share your hatred... thank god. You are an unhealthy person and your viewpoints are toxic. I do agree with you though, Trump feeds those who think like you, those who are truly deplorable and harvest inner hate for fellow humans just because they have a different viewpoint on life and government. It’s a really sad and ugly thing.
:clap2:

Yeah. That's about it.

Are you sure it’s not just a fed up and retaliatory Right that has been given a label by ‘paranoid’ Leftists in an attempt to shut them back up?
There are many on the right, conservatives that are very much against Trump. His method of governing is toxic and people of all ideologies can recognize that.

his enemies are in open insurrection in the streets. that is "toxic" and "divisive".

if you consider trump the bad guy right now, you are the problem, not him.
I agree that many of Trump opponents are engaging in dishonest and unacceptable behavior. But if you don’t think Trump is neck deep in that crap then you are blind. I know the tactic is accuse the accusers instead of taking responsibility but you’re not fooling anybody with that tactic

the resist call went out before trump took office. before trump took office, federal agents were lying to judges to get warrants against him.

mayors are ordering the cops to stand down, so rioters can rule the streets and terrorize law abiding citizens.

innocent citizens are being arrested for defending themselves against violent mobs.

TRump is not the problem. the problem is that a significant portion of the left, is no longer respecting the peaceful transfer of power.
That’s a very skewed and dishonest representation of history you’re presenting there. Some of those points we’ve debated in the past. Sounds like you’re dug in on that narrative but that’s just not how I see it. I guess that’s just how it is during these divided times

teh resist call went out, almost immediately after the election.

that is not me being "dishonest", that is the truth.

TRump is not the problem. the problem is that a significant portion of the left, is no longer respecting the peaceful transfer of power.
Yes a call went out as soon as Trump was elected just as a call went out to stop Obama right after he was elected and just as the wings of every party activate to challenge the opposition when they gain power. But Trump owns the intensity of this battle and has fueled both his resistance and his followers with his rhetoric and method of attack. Smart leaders don’t give attention to the noise makers and they focus on the important things. As you can see clearly in this board, the conversation has devolved to grade school levels. The partisan haters who love to attack are emboldened and they love Trump because he propagates these type of fights. I don’t know why these people think a divided America that hates eachother is a better America than one that is unified but that seems to be the trend. That’s what Trumpism is all about

big difference between the republicans planning a partisan, and political fight to make obama a one termer,

and your side refusing to respect the peaceful transfer of power.

that you blame others, for your behavior, is understandable. if i was you, i would not want to be held accountable for the shit your side has done either.
What’s been my behavior? What have I done specifically to challenge the transfer of power? Come on now, you accused me, now back it up. Show examples

you're identifying with your side. thank you for not denying it.

as to your personals actions in support of it, i can guess. probably a shit ton of pushing the narrative and carrying water for certain important lies.
You just said a whole lot of nothing. LMK when you’re ready to talk about real stuff. I have no interest in these generic labels and stereotypes. They are a waste of time

i made a comment about your side's behavior and you self identified with it.

that was your call. as to your personal contribution, you can share that with us, if you want. or not.
That’s all I do here is share my perspective. You ignore the specific to try and attack “my side” the imaginary left. It’s called a strawman argument and it is a weak minded tactic used by those who can’t deal with specifics. You seem like a relatively smart person. Do better.

you blamed trump for something that was actually the fault of teh group, "the left".

your dislike of discussing groups or using such labels, is common with liberals.

my point stands. trump is not responsible for the hysterical reaction from your side, to his election.
Trump attacked the media by calling them fake news and the enemy of the people so he faces a more hostile media than any other president. Yes that is provoked outcome. Trump takes credit for successes that he didn’t earn and blames everything bad on the democrats so he has a very strong and unified opposition from the Dems. That is a provokes outcome. Trump lies and distorts on a regular basis which is offensive to many Americans so he is not trusted and not respected by many in the public. That’s is a provoked outcome all of which were a result of Trumps chosen words and actions. It’s why he is a piss poor leader. He would be a great TV propagandist though. He can have his own show next year
So wrong...
The media outlets attacked Trump first and then Trump called them proliferates of Fake News.
The MSM is eternally pissed off that nobody trusts them anymore or treats them like a privileged class in Society anymore :smoke:

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

lazy.

Yeah. That's about it.

Yeah that one was already sent to the crapper. You're a bit behind the curve. I think you're the only hack here bud.

Based on the link you sent, the opinion of those in the link.

Can you ever think for yourself, jack-off?

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

lazy.

Yeah. That's about it.

I've read this study. It's a retrospective observational trial, so it's prone to bias. There are substantial differences in the way each group was treated. One of the biggest problems is that the hydroxychloroquine treatment arm was twice as likely to receive steroids, which coincidentally has shown a substantial benefit in mortality in randomized placebo controlled trials. So at this time, the results may very well be because of these differences than the effect of hydroxychloroquine.

That's why these retrospective observational studies aren't as good as prospective randomized clinical trials.

More word salad just to back up you being able to say Trump was wrong?

Getting sick of Biden's dick in your mouth?

Yeah. That's about it.

Are you sure it’s not just a fed up and retaliatory Right that has been given a label by ‘paranoid’ Leftists in an attempt to shut them back up?
There are many on the right, conservatives that are very much against Trump. His method of governing is toxic and people of all ideologies can recognize that.

his enemies are in open insurrection in the streets. that is "toxic" and "divisive".

if you consider trump the bad guy right now, you are the problem, not him.
I agree that many of Trump opponents are engaging in dishonest and unacceptable behavior. But if you don’t think Trump is neck deep in that crap then you are blind. I know the tactic is accuse the accusers instead of taking responsibility but you’re not fooling anybody with that tactic

the resist call went out before trump took office. before trump took office, federal agents were lying to judges to get warrants against him.

mayors are ordering the cops to stand down, so rioters can rule the streets and terrorize law abiding citizens.

innocent citizens are being arrested for defending themselves against violent mobs.

That’s a very skewed and dishonest representation of history you’re presenting there. Some of those points we’ve debated in the past. Sounds like you’re dug in on that narrative but that’s just not how I see it. I guess that’s just how it is during these divided times

teh resist call went out, almost immediately after the election.

that is not me being "dishonest", that is the truth.

Yes a call went out as soon as Trump was elected just as a call went out to stop Obama right after he was elected and just as the wings of every party activate to challenge the opposition when they gain power. But Trump owns the intensity of this battle and has fueled both his resistance and his followers with his rhetoric and method of attack. Smart leaders don’t give attention to the noise makers and they focus on the important things. As you can see clearly in this board, the conversation has devolved to grade school levels. The partisan haters who love to attack are emboldened and they love Trump because he propagates these type of fights. I don’t know why these people think a divided America that hates eachother is a better America than one that is unified but that seems to be the trend. That’s what Trumpism is all about

big difference between the republicans planning a partisan, and political fight to make obama a one termer,

and your side refusing to respect the peaceful transfer of power.

that you blame others, for your behavior, is understandable. if i was you, i would not want to be held accountable for the shit your side has done either.
What’s been my behavior? What have I done specifically to challenge the transfer of power? Come on now, you accused me, now back it up. Show examples

you're identifying with your side. thank you for not denying it.

as to your personals actions in support of it, i can guess. probably a shit ton of pushing the narrative and carrying water for certain important lies.
You just said a whole lot of nothing. LMK when you’re ready to talk about real stuff. I have no interest in these generic labels and stereotypes. They are a waste of time

i made a comment about your side's behavior and you self identified with it.

that was your call. as to your personal contribution, you can share that with us, if you want. or not.
That’s all I do here is share my perspective. You ignore the specific to try and attack “my side” the imaginary left. It’s called a strawman argument and it is a weak minded tactic used by those who can’t deal with specifics. You seem like a relatively smart person. Do better.

you blamed trump for something that was actually the fault of teh group, "the left".

your dislike of discussing groups or using such labels, is common with liberals.

my point stands. trump is not responsible for the hysterical reaction from your side, to his election.
Trump attacked the media by calling them fake news and the enemy of the people so he faces a more hostile media than any other president. Yes that is provoked outcome. Trump takes credit for successes that he didn’t earn and blames everything bad on the democrats so he has a very strong and unified opposition from the Dems. That is a provokes outcome. Trump lies and distorts on a regular basis which is offensive to many Americans so he is not trusted and not respected by many in the public. That’s is a provoked outcome all of which were a result of Trumps chosen words and actions. It’s why he is a piss poor leader. He would be a great TV propagandist though. He can have his own show next year
So wrong...
The media outlets attacked Trump first and then Trump called them proliferates of Fake News.
The MSM is eternally pissed off that nobody trusts them anymore or treats them like a privileged class in Society anymore :smoke:
The MSM isn't trusted mainly because they kept saying things that Trump and the right doesn't want them to say.

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

lazy.

Yeah. That's about it.

Ladies and gentleman. You asked what is Trumpism?

This is Trumpism.

Well, no. It took a while to get to that phase. This is how medicine works. We start with in vitro studies, infecting cells in a petri dish and seeing if hydroxychloroquine worked. Then we move on to observational studies. People reporting that they tried it on a series of patients. These are retrospective and not controlled, which means they're prone to error. Confounding factors can sneak in, but they're good enough to warrant further investigation. If those are all positive, then we move on to randomized clinical trials. RCTs are gold standard. They are the least likely to be affected by confounding or bias. If the RCT is negative, that's the strongest possible evidence. We find often that observational studies show one thing and the RCT shows another, and since the RCT is the better study, we go with that.

So that's what happened. Observational retrospective trials were positive, so we moved onto RCTs. The RCTs were negative so the drug fell out of favor. It's not just our big RCT that was negative. There were others in the UK and Europe that were negative as well.

This is how medicine works. It doesn't care what Trump says. It just did the work that it always does.

So why did the FDA pull the emergency approval for hydroxychloroquine? Were they all affected by TDS? That's what I've been told here.

Yet there are still positive results out there, which you ignore, because you feel like ignoring it, because you WANT to believe Trump was wrong, and that's that.

Where is the harm in giving Cholorquinine or even Antivirals to try to fight this?

Why is ruining the economy to win the election for the Democrats the only solution to COVID?

You know the answer.

I haven't ignored positive results at all, but those positive results are outweighed by the strength of the negative trials. That's not TDS, that's how evidence based medicine works.

The best designed, best controlled, best run trials were negative, so it's time to move on. Trumpism is refusing to acknowledge that and instead blaming this on TDS.

They are only outweighed in your mind because you want them to be outweighed. Because deep down anything that shows Trump to be "right" is wrong, and could get him re-elected, and you JUST CAN'T HAVE THAT.

And "best designed, best controlled, best run" qualifier is only in your useless opinion, because, it backs your own narrative.

being a hack is one thing, being one in self denial is fucking pathetic.
No, they're outweighed because a randomized placebo controlled double blinded clinical trial is better evidence than a retrospective observational study. That's how medical science works regardless of what Trump says or does.

It's Trumpism to refuse to accept that and that, sir, is what is so fucking pathetic.

One study, or a few studies vs. another. You take the one that agrees with your views as gospel, and ignore all others.

The actual results won't be known for years. Yet you have decided the Germans will win and have won Stalingrad based on the first few weeks of the battle.

And you do that because TRUMP HAS TO BE WRONG.

And just to make sure you know how much disdain I have for you:

colfax_m takes it up the ass doo dah, doo dah
colfax_m take sit up the ass, oh dee dooh dah day

Ha! And you pretend to be reasonable. This is exactly what I mean. TDS is used to deny facts, reality and stifle debate.

What's a better study for the efficacy of a drug for a particular infectious disease? A randomized placebo controlled double blinded clinical trial or a retrospective observational study?

I can be reasonable, but hacks like you don't deserve my deference.

It's amazing how you use words you barely understand.

Go on, tell me how I've been a hack in this conversation? Because I've evaluated the evidence and reached the same conclusions that the FDA, NIH and IDSA all reached?

You aren't making an argument, just ad hominems.

I'm a hack because I don't agree with Trump, not because of the strength of my argument. That's Trumpism.

You have probably read a story that went over the results of the studies, a story with a anti-trump bias, and then you just parroted whatever they said about said studies.

You didn't evaluate shit. You read someone else's views on the studies and now pretend like you investigated all the backup information from the story thoroughly, and have reached your obvious conclusion "Orange Man Bad"

That's exactly the point I've been trying to make. Anyone saying that hydroxychloroquine doesn't work is "anti-Trump". That's how TDS is used to stifle debate, to ignore reality.

So let's see what the "anti-Trump" FDA said about it:
Based on its ongoing analysis of the EUA and emerging scientific data, the FDA determined that chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine are unlikely to be effective in treating COVID-19 for the authorized uses in the EUA. Additionally, in light of ongoing serious cardiac adverse events and other potential serious side effects, the known and potential benefits of chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine no longer outweigh the known and potential risks for the authorized use.

Why did the "anti-Trump" FDA say that? Well it's because the "anti-Trump" NIH ended their trial:
A clinical trial to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine for the treatment of adults hospitalized with coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) has been stopped by the National Institutes of Health. A data and safety monitoring board (DSMB) met late Friday and determined that while there was no harm, the study drug was very unlikely to be beneficial to hospitalized patients with COVID-19. After its fourth interim analysis the DSMB, which regularly monitors the trial, recommended to the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI), part of NIH, to stop the study. NHLBI halted the trial immediately.

So are you going to keep hiding behind the "anti-Trump" or "TDS" crutches?

Just keep linking pages you probably read 1 paragraph into as backup, and then giving me word salad coming to your obvious conclusion that "Trump is wrong, Trump was wrong, and Trump will be wrong, AND NOTHING SAID WILL MAKE ME SAY OTHERWISE HURR DURR DURR DURR DURR, GIVE ME COCK"

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

lazy.

Yeah. That's about it.

Ladies and gentleman. You asked what is Trumpism?

This is Trumpism.

Nope, it's just pointing out your terminal TDS and inability to think for yourself.

The cock jokes are just because I think you are a terrible human being and it amuses me.

Is Trumpism nationalism?

Enough with them.

Awesome!

I know you know this; Conservatives, by and large are spineless pussies, you wouldn’t know how they feel about the Left. The nutless fucks don’t even have the sack to tell a by phone soliciting pollster that they plan to vote for Trump.
30 states and 2,623 counties hired a game show host all because he promised to unwind EVERYTHING the most America hating Leftist president in history did while in office...no other reason.
Trust me bud...HATE is not even a strong enough word but you are definitely HATED by ALL Conservatives...again, you are our worse enemy...you make China, Russia look like our best friends.

Yeah. That's about it.

Happens daily.

lazy.

Yeah. That's about it.

Based on the link you sent, the opinion of those in the link.

Can you ever think for yourself, jack-off?

I do. It appears you don't. So I'll leave you to go back to your Trump worship.
Ignore science. Ignore facts. It's sad what Trumpism has done to this country.
The dumbest voting bloc I've seen arise in my lifetime.

New Topics

Forum List

Back