What is the very FIRST question that we asked in the Holy Bible?

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine

"Am I my brother's keeper?"~Cain

was an answer ever given?

what do you Bible readers and believers think?

Why don't you just tell everyone what you think it means? Are we our brothers keeper?

Last edited:
Do unto others as you'd have done to you.
Jesus, (Luke 6:31)

Funny, the Golden Rule seemed to have been modified by Bush&Co into, do unto others because they may some day do onto you; invading Iraq was so wrong on so many levels.

In the case of Bush, Saddam Hussein and Iraq, we created our own enemy. We empowered Saddam and later killed him and devastated the country of Iraq.

This doesn't seem like taking care of our brother.

I don't necessarily see it as a monetary thing, but on the whole, I believe we should be guiding one another and watching out for one another....

Care,

Don't you think this principle has political implications? A liberal Christian, might argue in favor of keeping government programs like Food Stamps and UI as an answer to "keeping our brother".

A right winger may think of charity only, or church efforts to help the poor and the hungry.

IMO, both are necessary.

sky

I don't necessarily see it as a monetary thing, but on the whole, I believe we should be guiding one another and watching out for one another....

I think you are right. We should. We shouldn't be delegating that to a Government entity.

We are all related. We all have free will. We do what we can, when we can.

Be Fruitful, Bear Witness, tell the truth about what you see.

What does being "fruitful" mean to you? I suspect it doesn't mean the same thing to me, LOL.

I think you are right. We should. We shouldn't be delegating that to a Government entity.

When we address a societal problem as a community, using government resources (our collective wealth) is one way to help. I live in a rural community with 18% unemployment. Without UI benefits and food stamps, a lot of children would be homeless and go hungry.

Last edited:

What does being "fruitful" mean to you? I suspect it doesn't mean the same thing to me, LOL.

Good Works. Virtuous Works. I don't see us that far off on the matter.

When we address a societal problem as a community, using government resources (our collective wealth) is one way to help. I live in a rural community with 18% unemployment. Without UI benefits and food stamps, a lot of children would be homeless and go hungry.

I believe in Free Will and Free Choice. I do support a Safety Net established by the consent of the Governed, subject to regulation and change, as circumstance dictates. I also believe in each Individual taking responsibility for the consequences for choice and action, and in doing their part in one way or another. There is no reason to give something for nothing without end, or for nothing in return. That is entitlement.

I believe in Free Will and Free Choice. I do support a Safety Net established by the consent of the Governed, subject to regulation and change, as circumstance dictates. I also believe in each Individual taking responsibility for the consequences for choice and action, and in doing their part in one way or another. There is no reason to give something for nothing without end, or for nothing in return. That is entitlement.

Do you consider Unemployment Insurance, an "entitlement program"?

Are you aware that in my state we have a welfare to work program, and that everyone is required to work 32 hours a week for their grant?

Good Works. Virtuous Works. I don't see us that far off on the matter.

OK. I wasn't expecting that answer. I thought being "fruitful" meant having lots of children.

Forum List

Back