What is the strategic advantage?

Samofvt

Diamond Member
Aug 9, 2021
10 years ago, we would all be elated about striking a suspected/known terrorist leader dead. But in order to do that, the idiot in chief just sent a drone strike into a sovereign country. Did he have the go-ahead from the Taliban run government of Afghanistan? I doubt it.

According to some, this action

"will incubate an external operational capability for IS, al-Qaida or a related terrorist group"

and

Zawahiri, 71, was seriously ill and many key tasks are likely to have been handled by others for several years. One of these younger men will now take on the leadership role. Despite significant attrition in recent years of potential successors, there are several capable candidates.

full story here: Zawahiri’s killing unlikely to significantly weaken al-Qaida

What will this do for our strategic position in that region? Did Biden just inflame the Islamic States once again at the same time we are faced with threats from Russia and China?

I'm glad they got the bastard if he had anything to do with 9/11 (most kids don't even remember that day), for sure.

But what did this incursion into a foreign country cost us? The search engines seem to be totally blanked out about any reactions from the great number of Islamic states, who may view this action as a complete disregard for international borders.

Did the US Congress authorize an action in another country that is no longer a threat and which we ended relations with last September 2021?

1659494645679.png

NO!

We didn't overreach!

The Taliban broke their agreement made with the U.S. not to support terrorists....they put the damn guy up in a luxury condo....flaunting his arrival, it seems....

NO!

We didn't overreach!

The Taliban broke their agreement made with the U.S. not to support terrorists....they put the damn guy up in a luxury condo....flaunting his arrival, it seems....
Like I said, I'm personally happy him and about a dozen civilians were killed...Anyone hanging around that POS deserves what they get in my book.

But this isn't about personal emotions or vendettas. It's about what is best for this country. THIS COUNTRY: USA

Go ahead and explain your theory about "contracts" to the 2 or 3 Billion Islamists.

10 years ago, we would all be elated about striking a suspected/known terrorist leader dead. But in order to do that, the idiot in chief just sent a drone strike into a sovereign country. Did he have the go-ahead from the Taliban run government of Afghanistan? I doubt it.

According to some, this action

and

full story here: Zawahiri’s killing unlikely to significantly weaken al-Qaida

What will this do for our strategic position in that region? Did Biden just inflame the Islamic States once again at the same time we are faced with threats from Russia and China?

I'm glad they got the bastard if he had anything to do with 9/11 (most kids don't even remember that day), for sure.

But what did this incursion into a foreign country cost us? The search engines seem to be totally blanked out about any reactions from the great number of Islamic states, who may view this action as a complete disregard for international borders.

Did the US Congress authorize an action in another country that is no longer a threat and which we ended relations with last September 2021?

You are far behind the ball on this one, friend. For many decades the US Government has been deploying covert US military assets to kill high value targets all around the world, sovereignty optional. Does that make the practice right or fair? No, of course not. However, the only good perceived threat to US Empire is a dead perceived threat. Many innocent lives are lost in such operations. A few bad guys are exterminated. The world continues to turn.

May the force be strong with you, too?

I dunno. That Star Wars stuff was usually disappointing. The first one was cool, because I got to see it while I was on vacation with my folks as a kid at a real theatre. We rarely got a chance to see new release movies then...until the Betamax came out and we watched "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Arc" for the first time at home...my brother-in-law brought his over and hooked it up to the TV.

But yeah, I remember Yoda. Things have changed Mucho Grande since those days.

NO!

We didn't overreach!

Care Bear is actually for exterminating human life. Do go on the record, please.

You are far behind the ball on this one, friend. For many decades the US Government has been deploying covert US military assets to kill high value targets all around the world, sovereignty optional. Does that make the practice right or fair? No, of course not. However, the only good perceived threat to US Empire is a dead perceived threat. Many innocent lives are lost in such operations. A few bad guys are exterminated. The world continues to turn.
Sorry son, but this is FAR beyond a quite little "black ops" mission like you're imagining on your PS4. This is international headlines.

How would you react if the mayor of your town got struck by a drone strike known to be from [a country you already hate]? Would it matter if that country is dropping bags of rice at your door?

Nope. This will unite the Arab/Islamist states against us in such a way they will gladly join the Communists from China and Russia...for the same reason Sleepy Joe sent that drone: retaliation. I don't think you fully understand the gears that are turning against the US. You even admit it was a "plandemic", but what is the next stage of the plan?

And still you do not cite one relevant detail about WHY WAS THIS AILING TARGET SO VALUABLE AS TO RISK INFLAMING THE ISLAMIC AND ARAB WORLD?

Still nothing about if Congress approved aggression against another country: That is required by our constitution, or are you one of those that shits on the law of the land? night_son may be a traitor.

Sorry son, but this is FAR beyond a quite little "black ops" mission like you're imagining on your PS4. This is international headlines.

How would you react if the mayor of your town got struck by a drone strike known to be from [a country you already hate]? Would it matter if that country is dropping bags of rice at your door?

Nope. This will unite the Arab/Islamist states against us in such a way they will gladly join the Communists from China and Russia...for the same reason Sleepy Joe sent that drone: retaliation. I don't think you fully understand the gears that are turning against the US. You even admit it was a "plandemic", but what is the next stage of the plan?

And still you do not cite one relevant detail about WHY WAS THIS AILING TARGET SO VALUABLE AS TO RISK INFLAMING THE ISLAMIC AND ARAB WORLD?

Still nothing about if Congress approved aggression against another country: That is required by our constitution, or are you one of those that shits on the law of the land? night_son may be a traitor.

I am simply pointing out the truth of the matter—the reality of the way in which our modern world works. In the case of covert international military operations the morality of the matter matters not, it just is. For the people reading or watching news of such events back home in America the reality of any civilian collateral damage or violation of sovereign borders is about as real to them as an episode of whatever show on Netflix. For the politicians and military officers ordering such operations caring about or expressing human sympathy over the deaths of any innocent civilians pales in comparison to gains in polling numbers or proof of concept of military equipment, doctrine and any boots on the ground. For the men (and women) who carry out such covert strikes either from behind a remote drone control panel or in person and up close, such successful kills represent the end of high risk missions and cause for celebration over a job well done and an increase in infamy for their unit. For them the deaths of civilians and the violation of sovereign borders is a cause for fucking celebration—not sympathy or regret. Causing enemy deaths in war is an adrenaline high, a euphoric narcotic and solidification of a belief that god fucking loves America more than any other nation on earth.

Why we killed this old prick is not even a valid question. In the span of the countless billions of years the Cosmos has been in existence, the deaths of a few sand pricks thousands of miles away doesn't even register as a fraction of a second to be counted on the universal clock.

Get over it.

I am simply pointing out the truth of the matter—the reality of the way in which our modern world works. In the case of covert international military operations the morality of the matter matters not, it just is. For the people reading or watching news of such events back home in America the reality of any civilian collateral damage or violation of sovereign borders is about as real to them as an episode of whatever show on Netflix. For the politicians and military officers ordering such operations caring about or expressing human sympathy over the deaths of any innocent civilians pales in comparison to gains in polling numbers or proof of concept of military equipment, doctrine and any boots on the ground. For the men (and women) who carry out such covert strikes either from behind a remote drone control panel or in person and up close, such successful kills represent the end of high risk missions and cause for celebration over a job well done and an increase in infamy for their unit. For them the deaths of civilians and the violation of sovereign borders is a cause for fucking celebration—not sympathy or regret. Causing enemy deaths in war is an adrenaline high, a euphoric narcotic and solidification of a belief that god fucking loves America more than any other nation on earth.

Why we killed this old prick is not even a valid question. In the span of the countless billions of years the Cosmos has been in existence, the deaths of a few sand pricks thousands of miles away doesn't even register as a fraction of a second to be counted on the universal clock.

Get over it.

You still don't get it, hu? This senile prick just violated one of the strongest international codes of conduct, just like Russia did with Ukraine. You don't think our enemies will use this as fodder for their propaganda?

You seem to be in denial about the state of world affairs. God bless you.

Here's a thread you would be better suited for: Funny Pictures Thread: Part 2!!

WANTED, DEAD OR ALIVE! With a multi million dollar bounty, paid by the U.S. government.

What exactly does that mean? What does it give permission for....?

Killing Bin Laden in Pakistan without the Pakistani govt?

Killing Bin Laden's co conspirator and right hand man, who planned and executed the 9/11 attack and murder of 3000 Americans on 9/11/01?

You still don't get it, hu? This senile prick just violated one of the strongest international codes of conduct, just like Russia did with Ukraine. You don't think our enemies will use this as fodder for their propaganda?

You seem to be in denial about the state of world affairs. God bless you.

Here's a thread you would be better suited for: Funny Pictures Thread: Part 2!!
Haven’t we learned by now that appeasement never works?

Like I said, I'm personally happy him and about a dozen civilians were killed...Anyone hanging around that POS deserves what they get in my book.

But this isn't about personal emotions or vendettas. It's about what is best for this country. THIS COUNTRY: USA

Go ahead and explain your theory about "contracts" to the 2 or 3 Billion Islamists.
Islamist understand retribution, better than we Americans do..... Even if it takes 20 years....they know, under their rules of engagement, this action was called for....

P.S. I did not know anyone else was hurt????!

Zawahiri had a 25 million dollar bounty on his head. Sooner or later terrorists trying to hide always seem get overconfident and/or underestimate their enemy, then eventually make a mistake. And they get found.

Sounds like it was a CIA drone strike.

Last edited:
10 years ago the leader of AQ wouldn’t of been living comfortably in the capitol of afghan…but xiden surrendered to the terrorist..

Forum List

Back