What is the plan Libs? what is Obama going to present us tonite? & tax tables

JRK

Feb 27, 2011
Another stimulus?
we know the extension of the payroll tax (the only reason he put it in place, it has done nothing)(made about 8.00 a week for me)
75,000 75,050 14,938 11,119 15,129 13,60 2010
75,000 75,050 15,634 12,231 15,986 14,356 2004

you want to see a real tax cut?
75,000 75,050 17,939 15,307 18,818 16,4382000

Like I said he will act like his 700.00 a year cut will be the end of the world if we do not extend it and the GOP will be un patriot

but the GOP gave us the 2400 a year cut in 04 from 00

whats going o happen to nite?

All you need to do is watch, but he will tell you the cost in an additional "campaign speech" some time after this speech that is supposed to expose his job plan that obviously he still doesn't have and will continue knocking republicans that have several.
Unbelievable ...

Obama's speech:

Good evening. First let me, um, tell you this - I inherited this, uh, economic disaster. It's not, um, my fault. We ah, face unprecedented, um, times and that, umm, calls for err, unprecedented a, a, a, action. The Republicans, are um, to uh, blame for all of our, a, a, problems. Now we, um, need to, ah, in, invest in our, um, in, infrastructure. The notion, that uh,um duh, we are uh, a nation in decline is err, um, wrong. Green jobs are the, um, uh future. Just look at um, uh, my record with eh, um, duh, so, sol, eh, Solyndra. We saved or um, created......a, a lot of jobs. We had an uh, earth, uh, quake right here in DC. It was Bush's "fault". If you um give me err, a few hundred uh billion more, I know that I can get it um right. Families are suffering. Invest, in, a, a, america. It's the um, right thing to do. We also, uh, need to,Um, extend the err, social security tax cuts. Thank you and God, um, uh, Bless America.

Another stimulus?
we know the extension of the payroll tax (the only reason he put it in place, it has done nothing)(made about 8.00 a week for me)

Like I said he will act like his 700.00 a year cut will be the end of the world if we do not extend it and the GOP will be un patriot

From what I've heard, it will be primarily tax cuts targeted at businesses to help get them hiring. Assuming the GOP vote in favour of it (good luck!) it won't work. Businesses are not hiring due to a lack of cash.

Another stimulus?

From what I've heard, it will be primarily tax cuts targeted at businesses to help get them hiring. Assuming the GOP vote in favour of it (good luck!) it won't work. Businesses are not hiring due to a lack of cash.

Why is there a lack of cash and why would the GOP be against tax breaks for corporations? big and small?

Another stimulus?

Well here is what im looking for tonight

1. A new direction in policy
  2. No more talk of stimulus spending/borrowing to "Create" jobs through borrowing
  3. measurable changes to rules, regulations, tax codes
  4. something we can measure and identify the changes of
  5. no rhetoric/slogans

The American Jobs Act is:
•based on bi-partisan ideas;
•it is fully paid for by closing corporate tax loopholes and asking the wealthiest Americans to pay their fair share; and
•it will have an impact on job and economic growth NOW — just as soon as Congress acts.
•Every day, people in this country are working hard to meet their responsibilities. The question now is whether Washington will meet theirs.
•The time for obstruction and gridlock is over. Congress needs to put country ahead of politics.
•The American people know that the economic crisis and the deep recession weren’t created overnight and won’t be solved overnight. The economic security of the American middle class has been under attack for decades.
•That’s why President Obama believes we need to do more than just recover from this economic crisis.
•The President is rebuilding the economy the American way — based on balance, fairness and the same set of rules for everyone from Wall Street to Main Street where hard work and responsibility pay and gaming the system is penalized.
•It’s an American economy that’s built to last and creates the jobs of the future, by forcing Washington to live within its means so we can invest in small business entrepreneurs, education, and making things the world buys, not outsourcing, loopholes and reckless financial deals that put middle class security at risk.

Deja Vu All Over Again: The White House Talking Points for the Speech | RedState

I betcha he blames Bush no less than 5 times during his speech tonight... Just more of the same.

Note the old saw about closing corporate loopholes and asking the richest Americans to pay their fair share. The top four percent of earners pay roughly fifty per cent of the taxes the Government receives. The bottom fifty per cent of earners pay no tax and a goodly per centage receive money back from the Government instead of their paying in. The English language doesn't seem to make any sense in this case, but then this nation used to be a nation of laws once, too.

"by Mark Memmott

Ever since President Reagan's 1982 State of the Union, part of the story of presidential addresses to Congress has been who gets invited to sit with the first lady in the gallery.

Reagan's A-list guest was Lenny Skutnik, who two weeks earlier was among the heroes who helped pull people from the icy waters of the Potomac River after an Air Florida jet crashed shortly following takeoff from National Airport (now known as Reagan National Airport).

Since then, presidents have invited both heroes and individuals who help illustrate points the presidents wish to make. So when guest lists are released, it's instructive to take a look. They can offer clues to what's coming.

The White House just put out the list for President Obama's jobs-focused address this evening. Those who will be in the gallery with first lady Michelle Obama include:

— Jeffrey Immelt, CEO of General Electric. He's chairman of the President's Council on Jobs and Competitiveness. So look for Obama to again stress the importance of technology, research and development.

— Steve Case, who co-founded America Online and is, the White House says, "one of America's most accomplished entrepreneurs and philanthropists." He fills the "American can-do/entrepreneurial spirit" slot.

— Darline Miller, CEO of Permac Industries, a Minnesota company that makes "precision parts for customers worldwide." The president talks a lot about the importance of exports.

— Richard Trumka, president of the AFL-CIO. Labor's a big part of Obama's base, and the president talks a lot about the need to create more jobs in industries that produce things, not just services.

Albert Green, CEO of Kent Displays. The Ohio company has developed "No Power LCDs" for eReaders, eWriters, electronic skins and eCard displays. The president often points to the job-creating potential of America's innovative small businesses.

— Jan Heister, president of Premier Tooling and Mfg. in Peosta, Iowa. She can give the president another small business success story to talk about. Also, she's a nurse by training who switched careers. He often talks about the need to be flexible

— Philip Maung, founder of Hissho Sushi in Charlotte, N.C. In 13 years, the White House says, Maung's company has grown into "a dynamic foodservice and distribution company managing and operating more than 400 sushi bars across the U.S." Another success story to tout..."

Obama's Guest List Offers Clues To His Themes : The Two-Way : NPR

That's the plan.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysg5KMCJzQ8&feature=watch-now-button&wide=1]Superman Cartoons - YouTube[/ame]

(In contrast House Speaker John Boehner invites business persons who have run afoul and aground on the Obama administrations legal and regulatory morass...)

"He should have them deliver the GOP response, too!

Tonight Speaker John Boehner invited a respected group of American private sector business leaders to President Barack Obama’s jobs speech. Each one of these business leaders has been jacked around by the Obama Administration.

You may remember Rock Katschnig.

Rock Katschnig confronted Barack Obama at Wyffels Hybreds in Atkinson, Illinois last month. Rock was upset with the increase in the amount of burdensome rules and regulations under the Obama regime. He told Obama, “Please don’t challenge us with your rules and regulations from Washington DC. We would prefer to start our day in a tractor cab or combine cab rather than filling out forms and permits to do what we like to do.”

Rock will be at the speech tonight along with Henry Juszkiewicz from Gibson Guitar and Lisa Ingram from White Castle among others.
From the Speaker’s Website:

Following is a brief look at each of the Speaker’s guests:

Spencer Weitman is the President of National Cement, which recently suspended construction of a new $350 million cement kiln in Ragland, AL due to regulatory obstacles. The construction project would have created more than 1,500 construction jobs and 20 new full-time operational positions, but was determined too costly and unpredictable because of proposed changes to EPA Clean Air Act regulations. The obstacles encountered by National Cement are on the list of “http://majorityleader.gov/blog/2011/08/memo-on-upcoming-jobs-agenda.html” identified in Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s (R-VA) August 29 memo outlining the legislative agenda for the remainder of the year.

Rock Katschnig is a corn and soybean farmer of 32 years from Prophetstown, IL. Hurt by a stream of harmful federal regulations, Katschnig appealed to President Obama at an Atkinson, IL town hall last month, pleading, “Please don’t challenge us with more rules and regulations from Washington D.C. that hinder us.” The president replied, “Don’t always believe what you hear.” Despite President Obama’s statement, one proposed regulation on “particulate matter” (dust) would devastate Katschnig’s industry and destroy many farming jobs. The obstacles encountered by Mr. Katschnig are on the list of “Top 10 Job-Destroying Regulations” identified in Majority Leader Eric Cantor’s (R-VA) August 29 memo outlining the legislative agenda for the remainder of the year.

Eric Treiber is the CEO of Chicago White Metal Casting, a third-generation family-owned die casting company employing 250 workers in suburban Chicago. Jobs at White Metal Casting are being threatened by increased costs associated with excessive federal regulations, in particular Clean Air Act and utility MACT regulations. White Metal Casting has also been forced to dedicate multiple employees to the task of complying with existing federal regulations.

Lisa Ingram is the COO of White Castle, a 90-year old family-run company that serves signature “slider” hamburgers. Excessive federal regulations – current and proposed – have put a strain on White Castle, contributing to a plant closure in New Jersey and slowing the company’s ability to create new jobs. The new health care law, for example, has not only jeopardized White Castle’s ability to provide health benefits to its employees, but one provision alone could increase costs so dramatically that it would destroy hundreds of jobs.

Jim Plante is CEO of Pathway Genomics, a 100-person San Diego-based biotech startup that developed a genetic testing product for consumers. Last year, Pathway partnered with a major drugstore chain to help market their product – a move that would have enabled Pathway to hire 100 additional workers. Despite being in compliance with all available FDA regulations, the FDA attacked Pathway in the media following the announcement of the partnership. The drugstore chain consequently backed out, and Pathway was unable to create those 100 new high-paying jobs.

Ignacio Urrabazo is president of Commerce Bank of Laredo, Texas, a small community bank with $450 million in assets. Urrabazo would like to lend more money to local businesses to help create more jobs in Laredo, a border community with an unemployment rate nearly 10 percent higher than the state of Texas as a whole. Unfortunately, current FDIC regulations have kept him from lending to qualified businesses. Urrabazo believes excessive federal regulations will soon put community banks out of business.

John “Jack” Earle is the Managing Partner of Earle Enterprises LP and is a multi-unit franchisee of McDonald’s restaurants in Southeastern Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey. Mr. Earle also serves as the Chairman of the International Franchise Association. Excessive regulations imposed by the health care law and Dodd-Frank, the ongoing threat of tax hikes, and regulatory overreach by agencies like NLRB, have hamstrung Earle and other franchisers with uncertainty and stifled their ability to create new jobs"

Wow! Speaker Boehner Invites Business Leaders – All Who Got Jacked Around By Obama Administration – To Obama’s Speech Tonight | The Gateway Pundit

Last edited:
MO MONEY, MO MONEY, MO MONEY !!GOTS TA HAB MO MONEY FOW DA INFOSTRUCTAA!!IFs YOU DONTS GIBBS ME MO MONEY IT BEES YO FALT!!

Tonights speech will be nothing more than the usual pointless bloviating with demands for big spending and deficit adding tax cuts that accomplish nothing in regards to new jobs.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19v5Kjmc8FI&feature=youtube_gdata_player]The Obama Stash of Stimulus Cash -- Dolla Dolla Bills, Y'all!! - YouTube[/ame]

Another stimulus?

Businesses aren't hiring because the people don't have the money to buy their products or services! Why would they produce more when it doesn't go anywhere????

Another stimulus?

Businesses aren't hiring because the people don't have the money to buy their products or services! Why would they produce more when it doesn't go anywhere????

people have maxed out there assets
on top of that our largest sector, the housing market is dead

We need the oil sector to be allowed to flourish
pipe lines to be permittted
coal to be mined and used thru turbines that have had scrubbers installed in the boilers
that will get us a sectoe that will replce the housing sector, giving it time to heal

To many people are upside down, time will heal that and with UE going down to 5-7% with the added sectors of oil shale, extrated, delivared thru these new pipelines to refinaries that have been permitted and built across this great nation

Of course Obama will claim his payroll tax cut and another 300 billion in failed stimulus will do the job

He will lose all but a few states in 2012
I feel sorry dor the dems, they have no-one else to lead them out of this mess

Obama's speech:

Good evening. First let me, um, tell you this - I inherited this, uh, economic disaster. It's not, um, my fault. We ah, face unprecedented, um, times and that, umm, calls for err, unprecedented a, a, a, action. The Republicans, are um, to uh, blame for all of our, a, a, problems. Now we, um, need to, ah, in, invest in our, um, in, infrastructure. The notion, that uh,um duh, we are uh, a nation in decline is err, um, wrong. Green jobs are the, um, uh future. Just look at um, uh, my record with eh, um, duh, so, sol, eh, Solyndra. We saved or um, created......a, a lot of jobs. We had an uh, earth, uh, quake right here in DC. It was Bush's "fault". If you um give me err, a few hundred uh billion more, I know that I can get it um right. Families are suffering. Invest, in, a, a, america. It's the um, right thing to do. We also, uh, need to,Um, extend the err, social security tax cuts. Thank you and God, um, uh, Bless America.

What did I tell ya?? :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Obama thinks he can "Come down from the mountain", spew out a campaign speech, and all of our problems are solved. He's delusional.
Maureen Dowd said it very well....
Obama is still suffering from the Speech Illusion, the idea that he can come down from the mountain, read from a Teleprompter, cast a magic spell with his words and climb back up the mountain, while we scurry around and do what he proclaimed.

The days of spinning illusions in a Greek temple in a football stadium are done. The One is dancing on the edge of one term.

November 2012 cannot come soon enough.

I'm really glad I didn't pick "pass the jobs bill now" for the drinking game.

Jeebus. What a lousy speech.

Forum List

Back