What is the difference between love & sex-?

watchingfromafar

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2017
not a topic for everyone
comes with a cautionary warning
adults only rule
No profanity, name calling, purposefully lying
No off topic posts
By posting here you agree to the terms of this thread
Adults Only

:)-​

Last edited:
not a topic for everyone
comes with a cautionary warning
adults only rule
By posting here you agree to the terms of this thread
No profanity, name calling, purposefully lying
Adults Only
:)-​
LOVE is what two people do when they believe they are part of an eternal greater good following a plan descended from an all-powerful, resplendent supreme being.

SEX is what two people do when they believe they are just another species of animal created by accident from dust grains bumping into each other getting their jollies off before some accident or illness forever takes them out back into dust.

Speaking of love between two people, ( since there are different forms of love), being a guy who's been married to the same woman for 32 years, I can tell you, if your truly love someone you'll know. If you're cheating on your spouse it wasn't love. You have to decide if you're looking for a soul mate or a good time. Anyway there's my two cents.

( One of my secrets ,since she'll never read this.....If I want to cheat , when we're 'getting in love I just close my eyes and pretend she's Angela the librarian or the Dollar Store manager, Barbara.):icon_sjung:

Love costs extra ... a lot extra.

source.gif

Love is an emotional connection between the partners. Sex is just a connection fueled only by hormones. This is an important issue to discuss with teenagers, as it is vitally important that they can distinguish between the two and they need guidance.

Love is an emotional connection between the partners. Sex is just a connection fueled only by hormones. This is an important issue to discuss with teenagers, as it is vitally important that they can distinguish between the two and they need guidance.

Teenagers, hell ... I need to be reminded on a daily basis.

Teenagers, hell ... I need to be reminded on a daily basis.
Actually, we all do. No matter what your age or gender, sometimes we see somebody and all of a sudden, we hear the congas in our heads. It's a human thing. There is a certain young actor . . . oh, no. I won't go there.

You know, I got into a conversation about this with a good friend of mine once, and we were talking about successful relationships and how to make them work.

One of the things was the difference between love and lust (I know the OP said sex, but lust qualifies). He said if you want to know the difference between love and lust, ask yourself just one question, and answer it honestly..........................

Do I truly enjoy the person, or, do I enjoy MYSELF through the instrumentality of that person? If I enjoy the person, I'm there no matter what, job or no job, rich or poor, I just enjoy the person and that is why I am there.

If I enjoy myself through the instrumentality of their money, what happens if they go broke? Most likely, I'll leave. If I enjoy myself through the instrumentality of their looks, what happens when they get old? If I enjoy myself through the instrumentality of their popularity, what happens when it goes down?

And, remember, a relationship can survive on a ratio of 51 percent love, and 49 percent lust. If the ratios hit 50/50 or go 49 percent love and 51 percent lust, that is the point at where it starts to have problems. Why is the lust even included? Because face it...............there had to be something about the person that attracted you in the first place.

Last edited:
You know, I got into a conversation about this with a good friend of mine once, and we were talking about successful relationships and how to make them work.

One of the things was the difference between love and lust (I know the OP said sex, but lust qualifies). He said if you want to know the difference between love and lust, ask yourself just one question, and answer it honestly..........................

Do I truly enjoy the person, or, do I enjoy MYSELF through the instrumentality of that person? If I enjoy the person, I'm there no matter what, job or no job, rich or poor, I just enjoy the person and that is why I am there.

If I enjoy myself through the instrumentality of their money, what happens if they go broke? Most likely, I'll leave. If I enjoy myself through the instrumentality of their looks, what happens when they get old? If I enjoy myself through the instrumentality of their popularity, what happens when it goes down?

And, remember, a relationship can survive on a ratio of 51 percent love, and 49 percent lust. If the ratios hit 50/50 or go 49 percent love and 51 percent lust, that is the point at where it starts to have problems. Why is the lust even included? Because face it...............there had to be something about the person that attracted you in the first place.
There was a piece on the news today about a couple who had been married for 51 years, and they died five minutes apart. My parents always gave each other cards that were signed with four X's, XXXX, up until my mother died, and I knew that my father was soon to follow her. But I asked him once about what attracted him to her and he said that it was her legs! (My mother was a beauty and a diving champ and had Betty Grable legs). But there had to have been so much more.

Sex is what you have with the housekeeper when the wife is grocery shopping.
Love is displayed by a good burp after the wife makes a killer dinner

Forum List

Back