CDZ What is the Compromise to Roe v Wade?

Given the unique situation that fertility represents, the woman involved would logically have final say. Intelligent women would have very little recourse to abortion. Authoritarians should find another cause.

Does a woman who has a sip of wine during her pregnancy get charged with child abuse? what about one who smokes? Could we bar women from certain jobs because of the potential for fetal deformities?
You decide, Mr. Cutting Edge:
1653861054762.png

40,000 children were born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome last year because mommie dearest went on a bender. :cranky:

Given the unique situation that fertility represents, the woman involved would logically have final say. Intelligent women would have very little recourse to abortion. Authoritarians should find another cause.
Oh my gladiolus

NO FORM OF BIRTH CONTROL IS 100% EFFECTIVE

Ask Sarah Palin

Quite the contrary, it made my point. 2/3rds of zygotes never attach to the uterine wall.
Which means that they end up... in a tampon.
That's biology.
But this funny thing happens, they don't include a little coffin with each tampon so you can give that Zygote that you think is a human being, a proper Christian funeral.

Any more than they give a funeral to a miscarried fetus that ends up in a medial waste container.

Because zygotes, embryos and fetuses aren't people, and we'd be in a mess of trouble if we started acting like they were. This would go well beyond abortion.

We would have to investigate EVERY miscarriage as a potential homicide. Imagine the poor cops who have to have THOSE conversations.

View attachment 650936
Logan: I'm glad I'm retired.
Brisco: I'm glad I'm dead!

Does a woman who has a sip of wine during her pregnancy get charged with child abuse? what about one who smokes? Could we bar women from certain jobs because of the potential for fetal deformities?
I believe the Good Book, Mr. Joe: The word abortion does not appear in the bible. Even so, it discourages harm to a mother carrying an unborn child. And yes, when a mother who had an abortion starts to fret about its loss, if she asks God to forgive her, he forgives her sincere heart, and he does so instantly. God does not hold grudges like we sometimes do. He's all good. :thup:

I believe the Good Book, Mr. Joe: The word abortion does not appear in the bible. Even so, it discourages harm to a mother carrying an unborn child. And yes, when a mother who had an abortion starts to fret about its loss, if she asks God to forgive her, he forgives her sincere heart, and he does so instantly. God does not hold grudges like we sometimes do. He's all good. :thup:
I’m an agnostic

"It" is a separate HUMAN life, and has as much right to life as you do.

I think this is the key point. The woman has to be present for the embryo to be present. As such the woman's body is the one that is the most important.

I understand the Pro-Life position but by the same token I also realize that it will NEVER be something that I have to face. I'm a man. That will NEVER be a choice that I have to make.

That's why I'm pro-choice. NOT because I like abortion (in fact I suspect that there is no such thing as a "pro-abortion" person) but because I don't have the right to tell a woman to do something with her body and I'm never going to be on the hook to make that choice myself.

As a pro-choice person who thinks abortion is a horrible decision I prefer to put my efforts into voting for

1. Improved welfare coverage/safety net in this country
2. Work to reduce poverty and improve life outcomes in underrepresented areas and impoverished areas.
3. Improved schools (better teacher pay, more resources, etc.)
4. Justice reform in an attempt to shut down the school-to-prison pipeline.

To me that's what pro-life should really mean.

40,000 children were born with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome last year because mommie dearest went on a bender.

So you think that women should be charged for actions taken during pregnancy? Congrats... you've given fetuses more rights than the woman they are inside. (Well, I guess 50% of those fetuses will have LESS rights after they are born.)

So in addition to Briscoe and Logan having to investigate those 200,000 miscarriages as potential homicides,

I believe the Good Book, Mr. Joe: The word abortion does not appear in the bible. Even so, it discourages harm to a mother carrying an unborn child. And yes, when a mother who had an abortion starts to fret about its loss, if she asks God to forgive her, he forgives her sincere heart, and he does so instantly. God does not hold grudges like we sometimes do. He's all good.

The Good Book? You mean the one that advocates witch-burning, slavery and genocide? That "Good Book"?

But at least you are honest enough to admit that abortion is nowhere to be found in it.

The choice to give birth is the choice to give death, as everything born dies. The choice of a mother is life and death. The fertilized egg in her is already dead as surely as it is alive. Pretending she does not have that choice is ignoring nature.

S.4132 allows a late term abortion whether or not the mother's life is at risk. And the rarity of such occurrences does not justify leaving them out of the legislation. Late term abortions should be against the law, absent a major risk to the mother's life. That should be codified in any legislation that allows abortions, but democrats won't step up to that limitation. In many blue states a late term abortion is legal under any circumstances, so again you do know people who believe that killing babies is ok.

And BTW, the pro-abortion-rights Guttmacher Institute puts the number at roughly 12,000 late-term abortions per year. That was back in 2019. That's a lot of dead babies.

Easy……the only abortions allowed are
Those for the life of the mother….then it is triage, not murder

The choice to give birth is the choice to give death, as everything born dies. The choice of a mother is life and death. The fertilized egg in her is already dead as surely as it is alive. Pretending she does not have that choice is ignoring nature.
LOLOLOLOL

Easy……the only abortions allowed are
Those for the life of the mother….then it is triage, not murder

I highly doubt every late-term abortion is done to save the life of the mother. In fact, I'd say the reverse is more likely: most late-term abortions are NOT done to save the life of the mother. And in my view that ain't triage, that should be considered a murder.

Forum List

Back