CDZ What is the Compromise to Roe v Wade?

So basically get your way.

Getting your way is not a compromise.

So force Catholics to say being Gay is moral and not against their religious code?
The shortest path to reducing or eliminating abortion is to make it unnecessary for the woman to have to choose it. Not everyone is Catholic. Not everyone believes in God. Most people support the right to an abortion. So if eliminating or reducing it is what you truly believe in and you want to see it end, legislation (can be overturned), threats against doctors or clinics (will turn public opinion against you), or judicial strong-arming (both A and B) will not work long term.

You don't have to like it, you just have to accept it and work to make it unnecessary. Making contraception inexpensive and widely available. Promote sex education. Stop hounding and harassing doctors and clinics. Stop whining to your legislatures to do God's bidding.

There is a path forward to making abortion disappear. I cannot for the life of me understand why anti-abortionists just cannot see the forest for the trees.

So no compromise is your answer and further push your agenda and other's opinions aren't to be considered. .
Again, there is no agenda here. Your question was, "is there a compromise?". My short answer is no on the individuals right to an abortion. Again, you are either for an individual's right to choice..or you're not. There's no halfway. But if you want to make abortion unnecessary and eventually irrelevant, your path forward is clear.

Again, there is no agenda here. Your question was, "is there a compromise?". My short answer is no on the individuals right to an abortion. Again, you are either for an individual's right to choice..or you're not. There's no halfway. But if you want to make abortion unnecessary and eventually irrelevant, your path forward is clear.
Your agenda is clear, you want abortion open and legal at all times, got it. The rest of your idea, I disagree with.

This thread has just descended into extremist views.
Other countries have socially responsible answers that are so far being ignored, due to politics being more important than facing the question head on.

Your agenda is clear, you want abortion open and legal at all times, got it. The rest of your idea, I disagree with.
Then this thread was a waste of space. You're not looking for compromise. You're looking for validation and definition. Roe v Wade is precedent. It's already been decided. There is no debate. I've offered you a way forward to make abortion unnecessary and irrelevant. You can get your way.

adoption...

NOW you've done it! You've uttered the DIRTY WORD! :shok:

See the source image

Then this thread was a waste of space. You're not looking for compromise. You're looking for validation and definition. Roe v Wade is precedent. It's already been decided. There is no debate. I've offered you a way forward to make abortion unnecessary and irrelevant. You can get your way.
You offered no compromise, at all, for you this thread is a waste. I don't want validation because my view will not hold up and hopefully yours won't either. Abortions are already on a decrease. Your way forward is exactly that YOUR way forward.

Then this thread was a waste of space.
No the thread is fine Jack. But you might want to reexamine your own posts.

You're not looking for compromise.
You are?

You're looking for validation and definition.
You're not?

Roe v Wade is precedent.
So was the gassing of the Jews by Hitler.

It's already been decided. There is no debate.
Right. If SCOTUS kills RvW, then the decision is back in the hands of each state to decide as is best to do. Who knows, they might all decide to keep abortion laws pretty much the same as they've been, just under state jurisdiction now. The rightful role for the Fed is border protection---- when they show us they can handle just THAT ONE JOB, then maybe we'll reconsider.

You offered no compromise, at all, for you this thread is a waste. I don't want validation because my view will not hold up and hopefully yours won't either. Abortions are already on a decrease. Your way forward is exactly that YOUR way forward.
Of course I did. Contraception, sex education. Ways to help make it unnecessary. Why do you think neither of these would help reduce the need for abortion services?

I don't think this issue will ever be completely resolved, some people cannot accept abortion after conception at any time while others cannot accept anything less than unlimited abortion right up and including birth. Perhaps most people with wombs (is that pc enough?) will decide not to get pregnant in the 1st place, or some form of BC will be easier and cheaper to get with no side effects. Free would be nice. There's my compromise, make BC pills free and easy to get.

Is there a compromise? Should Congress step in? Who is able to lead us to a solution?

So, 15 weeks? Allow late term abortions? Keep federal money out of abortions? Require classes before deciding, show all aspects of an abortion, the good and bad, physically, mentally and spiritually?

I am not sure what my answer is but we are going to get a solution whether we like one or not.

Sure, there is a compromise.

Let each state do what they want in regards to the Abortuary Racket.

If Massachusetts and California want to let it run wild, so be it.

If other states want to restrict it, that's fine too.

The shortest path to reducing or eliminating abortion is to make it unnecessary for the woman to have to choose it. Not everyone is Catholic. Not everyone believes in God. Most people support the right to an abortion. So if eliminating or reducing it is what you truly believe in and you want to see it end, legislation (can be overturned), threats against doctors or clinics (will turn public opinion against you), or judicial strong-arming (both A and B) will not work long term.

You don't have to like it, you just have to accept it and work to make it unnecessary. Making contraception inexpensive and widely available. Promote sex education. Stop hounding and harassing doctors and clinics. Stop whining to your legislatures to do God's bidding.

There is a path forward to making abortion disappear. I cannot for the life of me understand why anti-abortionists just cannot see the forest for the trees.

You do know evangelicals are far more strictly pro-life than Catholics, right?

Roe was Judicial strong-arming that failed, it failed at eliminating the argument. 50 years later we are still at it. All overturning Roe does is return the argument to the people via the State level legislatures.

Again, all you are saying is "give me my way, and pray the other side gets the end result eventually"

That isn't compromise, but you pretend it is. At least the guys here posting "no compromise" have the honesty to admit as such.

I don't think this issue will ever be completely resolved, some people cannot accept abortion after conception at any time while others cannot accept anything less than unlimited abortion right up and including birth.

Which is exactly why SCOTUS is right and we should have FIFTY individual state resolutions rather than just one big, far left federal resolution, that way, each one will be far closer to representing the needs of the people.

How about letting the people in each state decide? Red States will tend towards limiting abortions three months after conception, while Blue States will tend towards limiting abortions three months after birth.
If only that was an exaggeration.

I'm sorry--- tell me again when contraception and sex education (sans the grooming) was ever OFF the table?
It's been off the table and under attack for years.
Again, shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

Forum List

Back