CDZ What is the Compromise to Roe v Wade?

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
Is there a compromise? Should Congress step in? Who is able to lead us to a solution?

So, 15 weeks? Allow late term abortions? Keep federal money out of abortions? Require classes before deciding, show all aspects of an abortion, the good and bad, physically, mentally and spiritually?

I am not sure what my answer is but we are going to get a solution whether we like one or not.

Is there a compromise? Should Congress step in? Who is able to lead us to a solution?

So, 15 weeks? Allow late term abortions? Keep federal money out of abortions? Require classes before deciding, show all aspects of an abortion, the good and bad, physically, mentally and spiritually?

I am not sure what my answer is but we are going to get a solution whether we like one or not.
24 weeks your allowed to get an abortion, thats the time someone could live outside of the womb. Actually it was 23 week and that is rare. Most choose not to. Do you know most abortion are done in the first trimester, and women have their own children. It should be not left up to states.

There can be no compromise which allows the continued murder of unborn children as contraception or a normal alternative to giving birth . . . period. Only the weak or enslaved compromise their most sacred values in exchange for convenience, safety or coexistence.

Honestly after the first 3 months you should have been able to figure out of you want the kid or not. After that, only for serious medical risk to the mother, i.e. risk of death.

Also no public funding for birth control abortions, and parental notification requirements.

How about letting the people in each state decide? Red States will tend towards limiting abortions three months after conception, while Blue States will tend towards limiting abortions three months after birth.

So people in red states will be cleansed of guilt for allowing the unborn to continue to be murdered so long as the murder of the unborn does not happen in their home state? Weak. Perhaps the weakest argument in the entire abortion debate. Either abortion on demand is always wrong or always right—unborn children cannot survive any kind of grey area here because either they're alive to be born or not. Don't seek to compromise with child killers and then call yourself absolved of the act because it doesn't happen in your state.

Any proposed compromise on abortion legality should begin with the understanding that society does not have the right to deny or deprive the rights of others in that society.

There is no Constitutional way to establish that a child's right to the equal protection of our laws must begin at any point later than when their actual life begins.

That said, were it not for the Constitution, there is almost no end to the compromises that could be imagined.

I prefer we adhere to the principles established in the Constitution, myself.

I hope the Mississippi Compromise prevails and that they can somehow allow RvW to stay intact. Abortion has it's utility but needs strict guardrails......At least 71% of Americans think the same thing.

I can already see the shift though, blue state extremists are already salivating over infanticide and the red state extremists are looking to abolish abortion and lock mothers up that have it done elsewhere.

I hope SCOTUS saves us from all that.

24 weeks your allowed to get an abortion, thats the time someone could live outside of the womb. Actually it was 23 week and that is rare. Most choose not to. Do you know most abortion are done in the first trimester, and women have their own children. It should be not left up to states.
24 the child feels pain and that to me is cruel to a child. It isn't about when a child can live outside the womb, it is when they become a living being which is conception. I know there can be no ban, it won't work in this country however we need guidelines and 24 is way to late, in my opinion.

Do you agree with the requirement to take classes that cover what happens in an abortion, and how it can affect a person morally, physically, mentally and spiritually?

There can be no compromise which allows the continued murder of unborn children as contraception or a normal alternative to giving birth . . . period. Only the weak or enslaved compromise their most sacred values in exchange for convenience, safety or coexistence.
I agree with your point however, on way or another an abortions are going to happen no matter what, can we at least make them safer?

Allow the original SC ruling to stand. Make it legal in all 50 states. You either believe in individual rights or you don't. I believe the Hyde Amendment prohibits federal funding of abortion. Make contraception widely available and inexpensive. Make sex education mandatory in all 50 states, even in private or parochial schools (you'd be surprised what goes on in those schools).

In other words, focus on making abortion unnecessary. Take the holy rollers out of the equation.

Allow the original SC ruling to stand. Make it legal in all 50 states. You either believe in individual rights or you don't. I believe the Hyde Amendment prohibits federal funding of abortion. Make contraception widely available and inexpensive. Make sex education mandatory in all 50 states, even in private or parochial schools (you'd be surprised what goes on in those schools).

In other words, focus on making abortion unnecessary. Take the holy rollers out of the equation.

So basically get your way.

Getting your way is not a compromise.

So force Catholics to say being Gay is moral and not against their religious code?

There isn’t one because neither side want to compromise at all…

So no compromise is your answer and further push your agenda and other's opinions aren't to be considered. .

A long time ago, I tried to find a compromise that I (an ardent abortion opponent) might possibly support. It was an idea born out of my frustration with those who try to maintain their denial of the fact that an abortion kills a child - no matter how much evidence is presented to them.

The compromise was very simple.

1. The U.S. Government and lawmakers establish the fact that an abortion kills a child.
2. Women can then have all the abortions they want (Constitutional amendment required)
3. Whenever possible, in later-term abortions, the dr. must try to deliver the child alive, place it in the mother's hands and if she wants the child dead, she has to kill it herself.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back