Zone1 What is the best sub-forum for discussing Berkeley’s alarming “Jewish-free zones”?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was implying I’m not smart enough to have gone to the Ivy League. He has NO clue about my academic record, or my IQ. He just reverts to the “insult MO“ of leftists.
Yes, that is why I referred to it as a personal attack.

There is a widely held belief among a good portion of the left that all who do not adhere to their lock-step orthodoxy are a bunch of uneducated rubes. This allows them to feel superior, which then reinforces their attachment to their elitist collectivist views.

Oddly enough, the very reason they hate Jews is because of all the antisemitic canards involving supposed JEWISH elitism -- all the formulaic prattle about undue Jewish control, Jews oppressing non-Jews, secret Jewish manipulation and whatnot.

Yes, the same way that successful East Asians make black people look bad

And blacks resent them for it
That is one part of it.

The other reason these illiberal leftists hate Jews is because Jews are portrayed as "da man" keeping everybody else down. It is a very simple-minded framing device, but it appeals to those who see themselves as champions for the oppressed but lack the intellect necessary to actually examine their points of view.

It is much easier to signal virtue than to be virtuous, and hating Jews has become just one more item on a long laundry list of attitudes expressed by those seeking praise by their peers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back