What is so wrong about being anti-government?

ihopehefails

VIP Member
Oct 3, 2009
I have not seen a single reason why people shouldn't be anti-government or why it is even wrong. I keep seeing it being thrown around as an insult but how is that an insult? Its strange that people who claim to be 'liberal' want to embrace the one thing that removes your freedom and is responsible for an unliberal state of human existence.

Because if you're anti-government, you're either Timothy McVeigh, any one of the cult leaders that got invaded in the 90s, a Troofer, a Vince Foster conspiracist, a militia nut, a Birhter, or a combo of all these things.

Obama is the new Clinton...the President's supporters demonize the opposition.

This left/right paradigm is bad for the country, even though the left is now using their power to our demise.

Because if you're anti-government, you're either Timothy McVeigh, any one of the cult leaders that got invaded in the 90s, a Troofer, a Vince Foster conspiracist, a militia nut, a Birhter, or a combo of all these things.

This left/right paradigm is bad for the country, even though the left is now using their power to our demise.

So calling Obama or libs marxists, communists, Hitler, un patriotic, unAmerican, God haters, baby killers, etc, etc, is not demonizing the opposition?:cuckoo:

Pot meet kettle!

Except the majority of people who call themselves Anti-Government are not actually Anti-Government. They're just for the type of large Government they want and not the opposition's kind.

So in reality, they're just hypocrites who use the flag of "Anti-Government, Pro America" to try and further their agenda.

• Banned
Except the majority of people who call themselves Anti-Government are not actually Anti-Government. They're just for the type of large Government they want and not the opposition's kind.

So in reality, they're just hypocrites who use the flag of "Anti-Government, Pro America" to try and further their agenda.

You are not from this country...

:lol: YOu just proved what a hypocrite you are.

What was that? I think all you just did was have a giant fart, because you haven't been able to refute my point.

You're for Big Government, hack.

And do you seriously still think I'm not from this country? :rofl:

Holy shit, I can't believe you've actually believed it for over two weeks, even after Elvis told you straight out why my location was Costa Rica.

You truly are a dumbass.

• Banned

Isn't it funny that the left have successfully demonfied anyone who believes in genuine liberalism as Timothy McVeigh types?

• Banned

So calling Obama or libs marxists, communists, Hitler, un patriotic, unAmerican, God haters, baby killers, etc, etc, is not demonizing the opposition?:cuckoo:

Pot meet kettle!

That happens to be the truth.

The President's opponents demonized him since day one. Funny thing is I never heard President Obama demonize his opposition. Same went with W, for the most part. :eusa_whistle:

and I'm not talking about idiots on anonymous internet message board. I'm talking about media and politicians and others with power.

I have not seen a single reason why people shouldn't be anti-government or why it is even wrong. I keep seeing it being thrown around as an insult but how is that an insult? Its strange that people who claim to be 'liberal' want to embrace the one thing that removes your freedom and is responsible for an unliberal state of human existence.
Just a passing fad. I wouldn't be too concerned about it.

The President's opponents demonized him since day one. Funny thing is I never heard President Obama demonize his opposition. Same went with W, for the most part. :eusa_whistle:

and I'm not talking about idiots on anonymous internet message board. I'm talking about media and politicians and others with power.
Boo-hoo

I haven't seen anyone say you can't, or shouldn't, be anti-government.

How about a few links.

Being anti-Government is only a good thing when the leftist and Democrat are doing it against a Republican administration.

bushhitler2.jpg

condi-hands.jpg

649700468_aaf455f4a1_o-1.jpg

topless2.jpg

Pot meet kettle!

That happens to be the truth.

So everything the left says about you is true?
You are just making yourself look like a partisan hack.

This I agree with. Most are in fear of government being intrusive in their private lives such as sugary soda taxes to curb drinking of sugary sodas, these "SIN" taxes and of course the flavor of the day, healthcare. You are right, most I speak with and myself included are not anti government but more or less, anti intrusive government. A government that does not make things difficult on private businesses, a government that makes cuts when the going gets tough rather than seeking out new ways to strip money from its public. A government that is not made up of a good ole boys club where they stick together solely to keep their cushy jobs.

So many on this board say that most here that do not claim a party are closet republicans. This is far from the truth, I am a true independent who has not seen a politician I liked in over 12 years. One party seems to try and curb the anger of the masses with giveaways and the other speaks of economic freedoms for middle class while giving HUGE corporations an express lane to rape the masses and both parties gave our jobs away over seas.

Wherever the big buck is, that's where the parties huddle.

So when people say they are anti government, they probably mean they are anti-this government we have today.

This I agree with. Most are in fear of government being intrusive in their private lives such as sugary soda taxes to curb drinking of sugary sodas, these "SIN" taxes and of course the flavor of the day, healthcare. You are right, most I speak with and myself included are not anti government but more or less, anti intrusive government. A government that does not make things difficult on private businesses, a government that makes cuts when the going gets tough rather than seeking out new ways to strip money from its public. A government that is not made up of a good ole boys club where they stick together solely to keep their cushy jobs.

So many on this board say that most here that do not claim a party are closet republicans. This is far from the truth, I am a true independent who has not seen a politician I liked in over 12 years. One party seems to try and curb the anger of the masses with giveaways and the other speaks of economic freedoms for middle class while giving HUGE corporations an express lane to rape the masses and both parties gave our jobs away over seas.

Wherever the big buck is, that's where the parties huddle.

So when people say they are anti government, they probably mean they are anti-this government we have today.

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Forum List

Back