What is safer than smoking tobacco?

Whether you have quit smoking or not, would you still rather light up or run around the home or town

• No, I will quit hoping not to get fat or develop some other terrible deleterious habit instead.

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Yes, I want to experience all of the evil pastimes I could ever find. Especially if they feel good!

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QuickHitCurepon

Diamond Member
Jul 8, 2013
Earth
Bearing in mind everything is relative, what do you believe is worst: Smoking a cigarette or pipe or something that you know will lead to trouble.

I know that if I were not smoking I could easily partake deeply in anything that could also lead to my destruction and/or serious health problems. The time I spend smoking can be spent joining into the frenzied rat race.

:coffee:

For now, I would rather stand apart and smoke my nasty and foul cigarettes. How about you?

Bearing in mind everything is relative, what do you believe is worst: Smoking a cigarette or pipe or something that you know will lead to trouble.

I know that if I were not smoking I could easily partake deeply in anything that could also lead to my destruction and/or serious health problems. The time I spend smoking can be spent joining into the frenzied rat race.

For now, I would rather stand apart and smoke my nasty and foul cigarettes. How about you?
I have quit smoking, but I constantly miss it.

Some people smoke and do other things too. :dunno: It's not really and either/or kind of thing.

Some people smoke and do other things too. :dunno: It's not really and either/or kind of thing.

Is that like multi-tasking while driving? :eek:

Is that like multi-tasking while driving? :eek:

Well, for some people, smoking and drinking go hand in hand.

Stop smoking immediately and switch to soda, drink 3 gallons of it daily, that way you can still achieve to close your part of the line of liberal ghetto obesity pride. Don't be late with it, or you will pay the sugar tax or will have to join the freedom movement. But don't despair, Trump will give you back your cigar soon. :)

You my friend must have the longest arms in history to be able to reach that conclusion to justify your lack of self-control.

Smoking any kind of smoke is the stupidest thing you can do to your body and your lungs.

If you need a chemical drug then it makes infinitely more sense to steep the herb in boiling water and then drink it as a tea.

If you are already addicted to the drug you should get a prescription for a substitute, like a patch or a pill.

For any kind of chemical addiction you will need to titrate your body off the drug gradually.

It will take a long time.

Some people have exceptional will power however. My mom chain smoked from age 15 to age 45 and then one day she quit cold turkey and never smoked anything ever again. She said she has never missed it.

The secret to her success was that nobody around her, none of her friends or family, were smokers so she was able to escape from it without any temptation or remembrances.

Whether you titrate off it or quit cold turkey, now is the time to quit, which you still can, before you have died prematurely.

Good luck.

You owe it to yourself to try to quit. You can replace an unhealthy addiction with a healthy one. It doesn't have to be replaced with a more self destructive habit. I never smoked, but my friends that have quit smoking say it's the hardest thing they ever did. But definitely worth the effort.

Smokers won't quit until they feel they are ready. They already know it's bad for them. The choice to continue is their's to make. :dunno:

I have wanted to quit for years. The reason I do not spend a moment, even, mentally trying to is due to the reality that I have several other serious problems to work on. If I were to begin to try and stop smoking, because I always need my full concentration to be on them, my other problems would literally eat me alive.

Last edited:
You owe it to yourself to try to quit. You can replace an unhealthy addiction with a healthy one. It doesn't have to be replaced with a more self destructive habit.

It does not HAVE to be replaced by an equally or more destructive habit, but more often than not, I would venture to say it is. I am talking about people who have smoked to the point where the tobacco threatens their life. I probably have emphysema, although I have never been diagnosed. Once you are in that death spiral, it is hard to escape, and stopping smoking can save your life, but unwittingly or unconsciously, you will still continue to be pulled down into the grave by one thing or another. I know all too well from experience.

I tried smoking ONCE and I hated it. Plus my mom said she'd refuse to give me money for cigarettes if I became a smoker. Cigarettes are expensive. On top of that I'm diabetic and those two things are BAD together.

Smokers won't quit until they feel they are ready. They already know it's bad for them. The choice to continue is their's to make. :dunno:

I have wanted to quit for years. The reason I do not spend a moment, even, mentally trying to is due to the reality that I have several other serious problems to work on. If I were to begin to try and stop smoking, because I always need my full concentration to be on them, my other problems would literally eat me alive.

Like I said, wanting to quit and actually giving it a go are different things. :)

Forum List

Back