What is hell?

What is hell?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

presonorek

Gold Member
Jun 7, 2015
Alabama
Some believe hell is death. Others believe it is eternal torture. Others believe hell is a metaphorical state of being in life that is unpleasant.

Eternal torture seems so unrealistic. It seems like the resources necessary would be exhausted at some point. We often witness people dying. We occassionally experience unpleasant circumstances or witness people who appear to be miserable. It is interesting to note that those who experience misery are that way because of bad philosophy and/or bad behavior. I think this could be verbalized by calling it eternal torture because it often feels like the misery will never end. That is why many turn to suicide for relief. The pain feels unending. There is nothing wrong with a good metaphor when the literal words don't seem to suffice.

Being reincarnated as yourself, and not being able to change a thing

Jesus said that the wages of sin are death. I think this means separation from God and whatever plans He has for the afterlife.

Some believe hell is death. Others believe it is eternal torture. Others believe hell is a metaphorical state of being in life that is unpleasant.

Eternal torture seems so unrealistic. It seems like the resources necessary would be exhausted at some point. We often witness people dying. We occassionally experience unpleasant circumstances or witness people who appear to be miserable. It is interesting to note that those who experience misery are that way because of bad philosophy and/or bad behavior. I think this could be verbalized by calling it eternal torture because it often feels like the misery will never end. That is why many turn to suicide for relief. The pain feels unending. There is nothing wrong with a good metaphor when the literal words don't seem to suffice.
Hell is being eternally separated from God.

I believe that hell is being in eternal limbo with but one chance of repentance. Death, as described by God, is the result of the one unpardonable sin of cursing God. The punishment of death is complete non-existence for that person. Dictionaries and certain Christian religions have different definitions.

Other. Hell put simply is that place absent of God, kind of like spending a whole weekend watching democratic debates on television with your mother-in-law and no alcohol in the house.

Hell is when lies prevail and a perversion of justice occurs. Heaven is when the practice of a leader to think justly of what is best for the most, observes and serves society by making it prosper so that individuals may do the best job they can do to make their progeny proliferate goodness to the future of mankind.

George Washington and the Founders are the best for discussing, finding out what makes men winners for their families, and plotting a government to furnish a country dedicated to making families stronger, goodness prosper, and putting aside criminals in a confined area to contemplate where they went wrong in life and make changes, if changes can be made, or if further incarceration is needed for the slow to move on the decision to live a life based on righteousness and thoughtfulness for people they used to think were so worthless they should be snuffed. That's not the individual's job. That's the police's job. And people being retrained to prosper in society must prove they can be changed into living a more worthy life than pillaging and killing other people's lives and property.

I bless George Washington for his spirit, his actions, his wisdom, his leadership, and especially, his beginning every act with reverence for God and sharing his faith in most all his writings, speeches, and official actions, particularly that decision to ask for God's guidance to include and improve the lives of his fellow man.

Isn't that the point of being reincarnated?

:haha:

Generally, reincarnation is thought to bring you back as a different being, depending on how spent your life.

More heaven than hell on earth then. I agree.

Not necessarily.

you could elevate to Heaven, or come back as a bug.

Depends

Or come back as something worse a liberal

Which God?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't that the point of being reincarnated?

:haha:

Generally, reincarnation is thought to bring you back as a different being, depending on how spent your life.

More heaven than hell on earth then. I agree.

Not necessarily.

you could elevate to Heaven, or come back as a bug.

Depends

That is why I do not believe in reincarnation. You have one life to live and its up to you to make it heaven on earth. (my opinion)

Which God?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are separated from 12 various gods but I don't remember which ones.

Forum List

Back