What is "Fair" Public School Funding?

Are you just a complete cheapskate, worried about "your tax money"? That would be a typical liberal, wouldn't it?
You really stepped on a rake, didn't you? You should just register as a Republican straight up, RW. You check all the boxes. Railing on about "your tax dollars" and now wanting to cut arts education--just as Republicans do AS YOU ADMITTED

So the poor kids who can't afford after school programs?

Sucks to be them huh?

How very Republican of you. Who knew?

rightwinger

Democretins hate the poor more than they hate Christians, almost.

Their only goal for the poor is to keep them poor and keep them to igorant to know that it is they who are keeping them that way.
What do Republicans do for inner cities?

Other than build more Prisons

Government schools are sometimes de facto segregated.

https://www.kqed.org/lowdown/30098/why-have-americas-public-schools-gotten-more-racially-segregated#:~:text="These maps show that America’s public schools are,other students of color," the Urban Institute notes.

Regarding your thought experiment, don’t you think if a bad school closed down another school would open and try to do a better job, thus acquiring all that tuition? Or maybe the good schools would expand.
Government schools are sometimes de facto segregated.

https://www.kqed.org/lowdown/30098/why-have-americas-public-schools-gotten-more-racially-segregated#:~:text="These maps show that America’s public schools are,other students of color," the Urban Institute notes.

Regarding your thought experiment, don’t you think if a bad school closed down another school would open and try to do a better job, thus acquiring all that tuition? Or maybe the good schools would expand.

Schools are more segregated because of the way funding works in the US.

And would bad schools close down and better schools open up?

Well, if a school is bad and it closes down, where do they find better staff from? From the school that closed down?
People don't want to work at bad schools. Better teachers go to better paid jobs in better environment. If you create poor environments, by creating ghettos, then you will get ghetto schools.

Nothing wrong with learning about Art or Music if that interests you……just not worth wasting valuable educational dollars on it.
If you are able to soak public money to support yourself…..good for you
Are you equally against using valuable education dollars to teach the woke approach to LGBT-Q+ issues and white guilt?

In other words, no cities with failing inner cities have Republicans in charge.

It is the Democrazy policies that have led to the failing inner cities.

No what I said is it?

You're being massively simplistic. This is a complex issue, but I doubt you have the ability to have such a conversation. I mean, anyone who comes up with "Democretins" is probably not here for sensible debate, almost certainly does not do research, does not use facts, does not use logic.

You have no idea what the situation is. You create your own fantasy world and stick to it because it's a happier place for you.

No what I said is it?

You're being massively simplistic. This is a complex issue, but I doubt you have the ability to have such a conversation. I mean, anyone who comes up with "Democretins" is probably not here for sensible debate, almost certainly does not do research, does not use facts, does not use logic.

You have no idea what the situation is. You create your own fantasy world and stick to it because it's a happier place for you.
What is it you think that the Republicans should do for the inner cities that the Democrats (didn't mean to trigger you with a little humor, there) have not done in two years of full power in Senate, House and White House, and being in charge of all major cites with failed inner cities?

What is it you think that the Republicans should do for the inner cities that the Democrats (didn't mean to trigger you with a little humor, there) have not done in two years of full power in Senate, House and White House, and being in charge of all major cites with failed inner cities?

Again, the issue is rather more complex than you seem to be trying to make it out as.

The Republican way of thinking is what leads to inner city ghettos. Education being paid for based on a local housing tax is clearly going to lead to problems. This is something that has existed for a long, long time. Take Detroit, lots of southern blacks moved to Detroit to get jobs. They were in low paid jobs and they lived in low cost neighborhoods and their kids went to poorly funded schools, grew up to take poorly paid jobs, to live in low cost neighborhoods, and their kids went to poorly funded schools and the cycle just keeps going around and pushing them down and down until you have the Detroit of today.

This isn't just a Detroit issue. It's not just a Michigan issue. It's a national issue.

There are so many factors that lead to ghettos, education is one of them, the electoral system is another, the politicians from that electoral system another (or the same).
I'm not defending Democrats. I'm not a Democrat. But I'm saying the Republicans and their policies have a lot to do with this, and I don't need to use childish insults to make my point either.

You think inner city poverty can be fixed in two years?

Again, the issue is rather more complex than you seem to be trying to make it out as.

The Republican way of thinking is what leads to inner city ghettos. Education being paid for based on a local housing tax is clearly going to lead to problems. This is something that has existed for a long, long time. Take Detroit, lots of southern blacks moved to Detroit to get jobs. They were in low paid jobs and they lived in low cost neighborhoods and their kids went to poorly funded schools, grew up to take poorly paid jobs, to live in low cost neighborhoods, and their kids went to poorly funded schools and the cycle just keeps going around and pushing them down and down until you have the Detroit of today.

This isn't just a Detroit issue. It's not just a Michigan issue. It's a national issue.
I agree that public school should be an equalizer. They once were an equalizer, much more so than they are today. The Democratic policies of turning schools into social engineering centers instead of learning centers brought down the quality of education for all, and their solution is more wokeness, more critical race theory (by whatever name), and less emphasis on reading, writing, math and science.

I believe that funding should be more equal, with the state providing more funds for low-income schools. In heavily Republican Texas, where I live, we have a law called "Recover" AKA "Robin Hood," that allows the state to take money from high-income districts and give it to low income districts.

But money doesn't solve the problem. The largest amount of spending per student is in the Washington DC district, an utter failure. In Texas, the Houston ISD spends much more money per student than the state average (using that Robin Hood money), and it is an utter failure. I teach in a small district outside of Houston that spends about the same as Houston ISD. Not because our students are wealthy, they are mainly low-income, first gen American, with non-English parents. That district has money due to the generous donations, on top of taxes that the local refineries provide. That district is a success, in sports, and in the arts.

It isn't the money. What it important is that the teacher teach the kids to succeed.

If a teacher is reading aloud to high schoolers who cannot read, and reading books that teach them that they are unable to succeed because the system is racist and rigged against them, does it improve that education give that teacher a raise?
There are so many factors that lead to ghettos, education is one of them, the electoral system is another, the politicians from that electoral system another (or the same).
I'm not defending Democrats. I'm not a Democrat. But I'm saying the Republicans and their policies have a lot to do with this, and I don't need to use childish insults to make my point either.
If you come out swinging at Republicans, you sound like a Democrat to me. If you want to be the kind of poster that is always on the attack, but never willing to defend anything, you are free to do so. At least until the Democrats mandate that all posts not praising them be deemed "disinformation."

Forum List

Back