What is An Odd Food For You?

I grew up eating squirrels so I can't judge others' eating preferences. I will say Squirrel is one of my favorite meats along with freshwater turtles like the long nose soft shell or the alligator snapping turtle.

its more of an odd food to me than for me,,

rocky mountain oysters,,

what man it their right mind would eat the testicals of another male??

it just aint right I tell ya,,

Oh, my word! They used to have this crazy event in Montana. I don't know if it's still going. My brother attended once and told bizarre stories of an "anything goes" debauchery.

iu

Cruciferous vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, brussels sprouts, cauliflower, etc...

They contain sulforaphane, which smells like shit when it's cooking. I won't allow it to be cooked in my home.

You posted a photo. What's the date on the photo, Salty?

Dunno. What is the date on that avatar photo you use? All I can tell you is that I found the dog picture on the web a few years ago and saved it. So the dog picture is probably something like 5 years old as it appeared fairly recently taken at that time.

Tuna. It's the most inconsistent tasting food. Every place you go your tuna sandwich tastes different.
They probably use different fish at these different places and it depends how much effluent each fish has swallowed .

My hubby considers okra to be an odd food but I don't and love it any way it is prepared. He also thinks of grits as odd but I love them with red-eye gravy or butter, bacon, and eggs. We are natives of southern states ( yummy soul food ), leaving for western ones when we were 13 and 14. We no longer eat those foods but now that I have mentioned one I think I will buy some okra and after some salt, pepper, and butter, dive right on in. Yum! Wish I had some cornbread and black-eyed peas to go with it. Ah...those were the good ole' days when you could eat that kind of food without gaining any weight! 💔

Odd food for me, if you can call it food, are snails and frog legs!

YUCK!

I've had both. Didn't care for the frog at all. The snails are tolerable as long as they are hot and you only eat a couple. As they cool or you are three in, you just have to stop.

Forum List

Back