What if the Tea Party protesters were black?

Vast LWC

<-Mohammed
Aug 4, 2009
New York
Now, I'm not trying to harp on any racist theories or anything like that.

A friend of mine brought this up, and I thought it was an interesting point.

What if a large group of black men descended on Washington, many of them armed, talking about overthrowing the current administration and "revolution".

What do you all think the result would be?

Just a thought.

The Tea party protesters include people of all races. I wish you guys would stop pretending they didn't.

Armed or not, the liberal press and news stations would be all over the story and it would be on all the news stations covered extensively but seeing as how it's just conservatives at the Tea Parties there is little or no interest from the liberal press and news stations have no interest in covering it.

What if a large group of black men descended on Washington, many of them armed, talking about overthrowing the current administration and "revolution".

Just a thought.
33520557d216f34d16c4cc9e1fdd30d0.jpg

A more interesting question is: What if Arizona protesters were violent? Oh, wait, they were. Imagine that. Illegals acting illegally. Boot them, boot them NOW.

The Tea party protesters include people of all races. I wish you guys would stop pretending they didn't.

Really. It seems to me that, contrary to the percentage of minority folks they put on stage in a vain attempt to prove their diversity, less than 1% of tea partiers are black.

Feel free to present evidence to the contrary.

Again, I am not stating in any way that the Tea Party is somehow inherently racist, I was simply asking a question.

What would happen if a large, armed group of black men came to a "Town Hall" meeting, the White House, or the Capitol building and started shouting about revolution?

I think that's a valid question.

too bad you weren't honest enough to provide the op from which your stupid question comes..

Cosmic Navel Lint: "Imagine if the Tea Party Was Black" - Tim Wise

I was not aware of the OP.

A friend of mine suggested the thought to me.

Is there some reason why this is "dishonest" in some way? I'll have to read the link you provided.

*cough*

http://www.usmessageboard.com/tea-party/114749-imagine-if-the-tea-party-was-black.html

LOL, ok I generally don't look in that subcategory.

My bad, combine the threads I guess.

Just a thought.

They would be racists.:lol:

Forum List

Back