What if the goal of Putin is not the conquest of the Ukraine

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

Here is an interesting article on what kind of troops Putin is using to fight in the Ukraine.

Exiled Russian oligarch Mikhail Khodorkovsky said Russian President Vladimir Putin could face massive political backlash if he were to continue to send high numbers of conscripted soldiers from big cities in Russia to fight in Ukraine.

During an interview with the Atlantic Council, Khodorkovsky weighed in whether he thought if Putin would send new waves of conscripts to Ukraine after NATO estimated that 7,000 to 15,000 Russian troops have been killed in the war so far.

He said the scenario was possible and that "the value of human life in Russia, is not as high as one would like to see it be."

"Especially when we are talking about people who live in the north Caucasus, or people who live in tiny villages and settlements," Khodorkovsky said. "Knowing this, Putin is taking his soldiers specifically from those places. And he pays such money for their deaths, forcing their close relatives to keep their mouths shut."

After I read this, it struck me, what if Putin is wanting to kill off certain population areas within his empire that he may feel is a threat to him or not loyal to him. These people seemingly have different cultures and values, so perhaps this is a sort of genocide within his own empire.

At the same time, he is killing off many in the Ukraine, and for the same reason.

And lastly, I read that Putin has lost numerous generals in the fighting. Could it be he is also purging those within the military that may pose a threat to him, at least, in his own mind. After all, before Hitler invaded, Stalin also killed off all of his generals, and for the same reason. It's a Russian thingy.

The whole affair might simply be a genocidal project to help secure his power.

Here is an interesting article on what kind of troops Putin is using to fight in the Ukraine.

Exiled Russian oligarch Mikhail Khodorkovsky said Russian President Vladimir Putin could face massive political backlash if he were to continue to send high numbers of conscripted soldiers from big cities in Russia to fight in Ukraine.

During an interview with the Atlantic Council, Khodorkovsky weighed in whether he thought if Putin would send new waves of conscripts to Ukraine after NATO estimated that 7,000 to 15,000 Russian troops have been killed in the war so far.

He said the scenario was possible and that "the value of human life in Russia, is not as high as one would like to see it be."

"Especially when we are talking about people who live in the north Caucasus, or people who live in tiny villages and settlements," Khodorkovsky said. "Knowing this, Putin is taking his soldiers specifically from those places. And he pays such money for their deaths, forcing their close relatives to keep their mouths shut."

After I read this, it struck me, what if Putin is wanting to kill off certain population areas within his empire that he may feel is a threat to him or not loyal to him. These people seemingly have different cultures and values, so perhaps this is a sort of genocide within his own empire.

At the same time, he is killing off many in the Ukraine, and for the same reason.

And lastly, I read that Putin has lost numerous generals in the fighting. Could it be he is also purging those within the military that may pose a threat to him, at least, in his own mind. After all, before Hitler invaded, Stalin also killed off all of his generals, and for the same reason. It's a Russian thingy.

I think he just wants warm weather ports. He's got them already except the East

I do know that tyrants, like in North Korea, have a cocoon of support around them a the city in which they choose to reside, Those who live in the city around them enjoy a higher standard of lifestyle compared to the rest of the country, in order to shelter them from treating the majority of the country badly.

And tyrants seem consumed with pitting groups against each other in terms of race, culture, religion, etc., much like we see from the democrat party. In fact, if you notice, the only support for the democrat party comes from large cities. Without them, they would have not support.

But as we watch Putin send his own soldiers into areas like Chernobyl where we all know they will probably die as a result, and as we watch him attack civilians in the Ukraine, these questions must be asked.

Just food for thought.

Putin is doing CHINA's bidding--Putin is testing the US and Nato, raising oil prices which helps him, switching oil currency from the US $$$ to something else likely aiding the ushering in of Global cyber currency which the globalists want, creating food and energy shortages for both Europe/and US that will hit us hard this winter.

Putin is doing CHINA's bidding--Putin is testing the US and Nato, raising oil prices which helps him, switching oil currency from the US $$$ to something else likely aiding the ushering in of Global cyber currency which the globalists want, creating food and energy shortages for both Europe/and US that will hit us hard this winter.
All brought to you by Russia and China.

You're welcome

My thoughts exactly...dual purpose.

Jo

Do they have control of the far SE Ukraine sea?

There is no Ukraine sea, but there is the Black Sea and a north east portion of it is known at the Sea of Azov.
But the Sea of Azov is about half Russian, not all Ukrainian.

Obviously the goal of Putin is NOT to claim more redundant warm water ports, but to deny the Ukraine warm water ports.
Putin can not allow those western weapons from the US to keep pouring into the Ukraine, so he has to take their coast away from them.
He has no choice.
It is either act now, or try after Zelensky had NATO nukes on Russia's border.

There is no Ukraine sea, but there is the Black Sea and a north east portion of it is known at the Sea of Azov.
But the Sea of Azov is about half Russian, not all Ukrainian.

Obviously the goal of Putin is NOT to claim more redundant warm water ports, but to deny the Ukraine warm water ports.
Putin can not allow those western weapons from the US to keep pouring into the Ukraine, so he has to take their coast away from them.
He has no choice.
It is either act now, or try after Zelensky had NATO nukes on Russia's border.
There is no Ukraine Sea??...lololol

To me, Ukraine has always been part of Russia and always will be. All the Baltics, half of Poland, Russian. Even Finland

If Biden could get away with sending soldiers from red areas and leave the huge dem voting blocks alone, he would.

The Dems decry Putin and authoritarians overseas, but they salivate at the thought of such power. Zalenskiy just signed a law banning pro-Russian political parties. You don't thing the dems would love to be able to pull a move like that? "pro-Russia" means whatever they want it to mean, just like anyone over here deviating from the Ukraine good/Putin evil narrative is labeled a Putin-lover. Don't forget, the same guy nationalized TV news. Another wet dream of progressives.

If Biden could get away with sending soldiers from red areas and leave the huge dem voting blocks alone, he would.

The Dems decry Putin and authoritarians overseas, but they salivate at the thought of such power. Zalenskiy just signed a law banning pro-Russian political parties. You don't thing the dems would love to be able to pull a move like that? "pro-Russia" means whatever they want it to mean, just like anyone over here deviating from the Ukraine good/Putin evil narrative is labeled a Putin-lover. Don't forget, the same guy nationalized TV news. Another wet dream of progressives.
Nope. I don't "thing" anything!

But the result is the US is creating so much debt that it is the US that is badly weakened.
The Russian army is getting stronger, as it dumps it obsolete 1970 era tanks.
LOL!! Do you actually read what you type??
1. The new US debt related to Ukraine is insignificant, its 1/2 the money Trump found under the sofa cushions to build his wall.
2. The Russian army lost 30% of the men and equipment it started the war with, and because of the various sanctions can't replace.

Forum List

Back