CDZ What if the dems and repubs are both right about each other?

So the right would be all wacists and teh left all commies?

What would it explain?

I think the better question is what if Democrats and Republicans were wrong about each other ... some years ago I moved into a very conservative community, and here my liberal ideas are embraced and encouraged ... often enough my ideas are applied as well ... both sides working together for the betterment of all ...

So often I see folks in the public discourse take extreme and opposite views just for the sake of extreme and opposite views ... division just so we can be divided ...

I'm not going to hold all 75 million Trump voters responsible for the few dozens that sacked the Capitol ... why are you holding all 80 million Biden voters responsible for the graffiti on Federal court houses? ...

I think the better question is what if Democrats and Republicans were wrong about each other ... some years ago I moved into a very conservative community, and here my liberal ideas are embraced and encouraged ... often enough my ideas are applied as well ... both sides working together for the betterment of all ...

So often I see folks in the public discourse take extreme and opposite views just for the sake of extreme and opposite views ... division just so we can be divided ...

I'm not going to hold all 75 million Trump voters responsible for the few dozens that sacked the Capitol ... why are you holding all 80 million Biden voters responsible for the graffiti on Federal court houses? ...

Well said.

Splains a lot Lucy
They certainly are to an extent. The two ends of the spectrum share many behaviors -- tribalism, binary thinking patterns, straw man arguments, deflection, distortion, intellectual myopia, and outright lies, among other things.

I say it in the first line of my sig - I look at the two far ends of the spectrum as the problem, with the rest of us on the other side of the fence.

We're not going to see real progress in this country unless and until both ends of the spectrum get honest and start holding their own tribe accountable. Right now, they can't even admit that their tribe has faults.

Splains a lot Lucy
They certainly are to an extent. The two ends of the spectrum share many behaviors -- tribalism, binary thinking patterns, straw man arguments, deflection, distortion, intellectual myopia, and outright lies, among other things.

I say it in the first line of my sig - I look at the two far ends of the spectrum as the problem, with the rest of us on the other side of the fence.

We're not going to see real progress in this country unless and until both ends of the spectrum get honest and start holding their own tribe accountable. Right now, they can't even admit that their tribe has faults.
So, stop doing so much of it, already.

A liberal moved in one time next to me and expressed his ideas down in South Carolina, I egged his house and built a fence....

He of course cried, and said why can't we be friends

Splains a lot Lucy

This comes from a guy who listens to WKRP in the morning?

Splains a lot Lucy

This comes from a guy who listens to WKRP in the morning?
So dems good orange man bad? Also bad everyone who voted for him or gave him a flicker of support or didn't condemn him publically or virtue signal that often enough? Didn't your quote say something about "shared psychosis?

because democrats in congress supported and even funded the antifa and BLM where as all of the repubes condemned what happened in washington,,

Fuck the duopoly

It encourages binary thinking, which leads to manichaean world views. The old "your either with us or against us" runs very strong in people.

For most people, the mere HINT that you don't conform to groupthink with 100% fealty will elicit accusations that you are on the other side. A good example of that is when people stand up for the principle of free speech by opposing Twitter's heavy handedness only to be accused of being a "Trumpster". It gets pretty ridiculous at times.

From a Canadian POV, I think the premise raised by this thread is onto something important. Both sides are right that the other side is undesirable and irrational.
I'll explain my thinking if anybody wants to know why.

Forum List

Back