what if the 1 percent says goodbye. where would money come from ??

But at least you're not very good at economics.
We are extremely good at economics - but this is totally unimportant. Economy and money are only instruments for a better life of everyone. And the USA is in wide areas more a kind of third world country. How many people lost their help insurance in the USA because of the current pandemic? More than 40 millions? What an absurdity!

Last edited:
If the top 1% were to disappear, there would be much more income and wealth for the general population, all of whom would pay higher taxes, and have more taxabale income.

Lib please without the wealthy you people would be fighting in the streets over scraps of food. :eusa_hand:

The USA is able to produce enough food for its citizens - whether they have money or not. Other nations of the world are not in such a comfortable situation.

If the top 1% were to disappear, there would be much more income and wealth for the general population, all of whom would pay higher taxes, and have more taxabale income.

Lib please without the wealthy you people would be fighting in the streets over scraps of food. :eusa_hand:

The USA is able to produce enough food for its citizens - whether they have money or not. Other nations of the world are not in such a comfortable situation.

So would you be wiling to go out into the fields to farm for free, and give away your food?

How would the 1% make any of their 1% without the laborers/consumers? They can't survive without us...

I think you are looking at this wrongly.

The consumers and laborers need the one percent more than the other way around. If we stopped all production of goods and services today, the one percent would invest their money in the market either here or overseas and continue being the one percent. But the laborer would have no money coming in, and the consumer wouldn't be able to get the products they badly needed. So it's not an equally balanced relationship.

And in the greatest economy of all time, people have to line up in their SUVs and wait for food handouts because they’re out of work for few weeks.
It did not have to be that way.

No, It didn’t. But jobs these days don’t pay enough to allow people to sock away six months of living expenses.

Depends on what you consider living expenses. Are cell phones a living expense? How about cable or satellite television? What about pay-per-view or Netflix? How about this internet? How about fast food or other dining outlets?

I grew up in the 60's and 70's, and we had none of these things. Going to McDonald's was a twice a year treat, not a weekly staple. My 88 year old father laughs when we talk about cell phones, making claim he pays more for his cell phone bill every month today than he paid for the mortgage on the house we all grew up in, and it was a new home.

It's a matter of priorities why we don't have extra money in the event of an emergency. Don't get me wrong, if my internet or cable goes out for a day, I think it's the end of the Fn world, but I also realize that all these wonderful things I don't really have to have to survive, even in this modern world we live in.

Years ago, people knew the difference between necessities and luxuries. Today they are one of the same.

How would the 1% make any of their 1% without the laborers/consumers? They can't survive without us...

I think you are looking at this wrongly.
as with the case of our awesome President, he would have been fine, but he had to do it. thank god he did. we need someone to accomplish great things while unmasking the curruption of obama, the promise of hillary would not have done either.

Bermuda. you can take it with you. if i was a billionaire i would take all of my American success with me, just to piss off the communist bernie people, and to stop the money from going to iran... you know... in cash that was pretty smooth to send the arch enemy iran billions in cash in the middle of the night to "help America" also not in the biden 2020 brochure...

Forum List

Back