what if the 1 percent says goodbye. where would money come from ??

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
1593648791612.png
The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (37.3 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (30.5 percent). The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 26.9 percent individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.7 percent).Nov 13, 2018

now what, no cops no emts no firefighters... now what ? atlas shrugged ? i guess the next thing would be to force some people to be cops, and.....

If I happened to be in the top 10% I would have moved long ago.

Eh...it ain't that easy.
The Wife and I are in the top 5% but if we were to move that money flow would end.
Our plan is to make sure we're good with our savings for fifteen years,and when I say good we keep up our current lifestyle.
After that we keep pulling from our savings but rely on SS as well.
Hell,we spend less now in our fifties than we did in our 30's and 40's.
In other words we're finding that we dont need or want the latest and greatest shit.
Our end needs are going to be simple,50 to 100 acres of land how much really depends on what the piece of property offers.
A SxS ,a tractor with a front end loader and box blade,a pond/small lake with a dock,shooting range and a Barndominium with a large shop.

Last edited:

Eh...it ain't that easy.
The Wife and I are in the top 5% but if we were to move that money flow would end.
Our plan is to make sure we're good with our savings for fifteen years,and when I say good we keep up our current lifestyle.
In other words we're finding that we dont need or want the latest and greatest shit.
Our end needs are going to be simple,50 to 100 acres of land how much really depends on what the piece of property offers.
A SxS side,a tractor with a front end loader and box blade,a pond with a dock,shooting range and a Barndominium with a large shop.
We started that plan three years ago. Sold our big house and bought the property (not 100 acres, wish it was) and built what we could for cash. Both vehicles are a bit older but paid off. The barns need some work but we’re getting there. Next up is the cattle. Setting up the watering system and fixing up the fences. Part of that includes clearing the pong perimeter of over growth. A lot of work but love it.

View attachment 357948 The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (37.3 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (30.5 percent). The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 26.9 percent individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.7 percent).Nov 13, 2018

now what, no cops no emts no firefighters... now what ? atlas shrugged ? i guess the next thing would be to force some people to be cops, and.....
They should pay more, they make more. They should pay even more given what they do not contribute to the economy.

View attachment 357948 The top 1 percent paid a greater share of individual income taxes (37.3 percent) than the bottom 90 percent combined (30.5 percent). The top 1 percent of taxpayers paid a 26.9 percent individual income tax rate, which is more than seven times higher than taxpayers in the bottom 50 percent (3.7 percent).Nov 13, 2018

Fun with numbers again, eh? What percentages of real income is earned every year by those shares, before deductions? According to the WSJ's numbers for last year, the average percentage paid was around 17% of the Top 1%, after deductions for all kinds of stuff the lower income brackets will never qualify for, and of course about the same rate for capital gains, also loaded up with all kinds of 'special' deductions real wage earners will never see, and we haven't even touched on 'deferred earnings' from overseas labor racketeering and money laundering and tax shelters, also not an option for your domestic wage earners.

IF one bracket is raking in over 80% of the income every year, it should probably pay more than 37% of income taxes. Unearned income should be taxed at higher rates as well. Despite the silly propagand, those who work the hardest are not even remotely the highest paid.

All those low wages are what is actually paying all the taxes in all brackets and income levels. Warren Buffet even admits that.

Personally I'm opposed to treating wages as 'income', since it is not traditionally income in a strict economic definition, it's barter and not a gain for the individual who receives wages. There or other ways to finance govt. without stealing from workers, but the illegal Civil War the criminal Lincoln started to get massive welfare programs for the North has pretty much obliterated any discussion or even notice of other methods, since corporations have taken over the country's tax system since 1865.

Last edited:

Eh...it ain't that easy.
A SxS side,a tractor with a front end loader and box blade,a pond with a dock,shooting range and a Barndominium with a large shop.
We started that plan three years ago. Sold our big house and bought the property (not 100 acres, wish it was) and built what we could for cash. Both vehicles are a bit older but paid off. The barns need some work but we’re getting there. Next up is the cattle. Setting up the watering system and fixing up the fences. Part of that includes clearing the pong perimeter of over growth. A lot of work but love it.

Yep....
We can sell the house here in Katy for easily 600k. It's way too big for the Wife and I and we only bought it because the Wife just had to have it....she regrets it now.
That'll pay for the land and the Barndominium for the most part.
But yeah I know what ya mean about loving it!!!
Our last weekend place was only ten acres but it had 100 yards of river front on the S Llano river.
1593652492953.png

I kick myself in the ass daily for selling it.

But man did I have a blast improving the property!!
Time spent on the tractor was a joy rather than a job.

Eh...it ain't that easy.

Yep....
We can sell the house here in Katy for easily 600k. It's way too big for the Wife and I and we only bought it because the Wife just had to have it....she regrets it now.
That'll pay for the land and the Barndominium for the most part.
But yeah I know what ya mean about loving it!!!
Our last weekend place was only ten acres but it had 100 yards of river front on the S Llano river.
View attachment 357991
I kick myself in the ass daily for selling it.

But man did I have a blast improving the property!!
Time spent on the tractor was a joy rather than a job.
That’s awesome. We have 12 acres now. Trying to make a deal on the neighboring five. We wanted 40 but this one popped so cheap we jumped on it. And honestly 12 acres is a lot of work. Once the cattle get here it will actually be easier.

It’s fantastic out here though. We enjoy every minute.

We left a 5k square foot home. Like you it was so much work with cleaning and the swimming pool. No kid after graduation so a large portion was just empty. I was actually wondering what the wife would say when I suggested selling it and down sizing. As it turns out she was all for it. Best decision ever.

The money would come from the govt. where it originated for the 1%...

The sad part is you actually believe this.
It's true. Corporate welfare is the best kind. For instance, Walmart sales are up 600% and their still receiving $7.8M in subsidies. I'm earning just over $100M from government contracts. Don't let anyone fool you, without government there wouldn't be business and the wealthy people made wealthy from business.

The money would come from the govt. where it originated for the 1%...

The sad part is you actually believe this.
It's true. Corporate welfare is the best kind. For instance, Walmart sales are up 600% and their still receiving $7.8M in subsidies. I'm earning just over $100M from government contracts. Don't let anyone fool you, without government there wouldn't be business and the wealthy people made wealthy from business.
How did the government start Walmart? And you’re surprised during stay at home orders Walmart didn’t do better with their pick up program?

The money laundering scheme of the Federal Reserve and the back door will eventually come to an end...............They will no longer use the enter button to magically create the dollar out of thin air.

As the debt from Chaos increases......across the world.........the only solution will be a GLOBAL RESET........with electronic currency taking over the planet.................And the remnants of the dollar used to make sure we don't run out of toilet paper...........

If the top 1% were to disappear, there would be much more income and wealth for the general population, all of whom would pay higher taxes, and have more taxabale income.

Forum List

Back