What If Jesus Never Rose From The Dead?

If Jesus wasn't resurrected Christianity would not exist. The apostles would have gone back to fishing, tax collecting, and whatever. Why would they continue their pursuit for neither earthly nor spiritual gain and all the while suffer so greatly?

Would Christianity still exist? (Thank the Lord He did btw.) I know it's kind of late after Easter to be asking this question, I'm just curious.
That's a very good question, what if he actually survived, revived in the crypt and got the hell out of Jerusalem as quick as he could.

Well here is someone who doesn't know anything about crucifixion
I know it was very cold when he was crucified, and the Romans tied people to the cross, they didn't waste valuable nails ( metal ) on them. So the only wound inflicted on Christ was the spear jab to make sure he was dead. That could have coagulated.

I know it was very cold when he was crucified, and the Romans tied people to the cross, they didn't waste valuable nails ( metal ) on them. So the only wound inflicted on Christ was the spear jab to make sure he was dead. That could have coagulated.

Educate yourself, because frankly this is ignorant. He was profoundly beaten and close to death even before He was crucified.

Would Christianity still exist? (Thank the Lord He did btw.) I know it's kind of late after Easter to be asking this question, I'm just curious.

Christianity has existed without the resurrection. It didn't happen.
You're Jesus was nothing more than loud mouthed prophet who threatened the government at the time. He was most certainly NOT a son of a god nor born of a virgin.

He was confirmed dead but 3 days later he came back to life and ascended into heaven. Do you expect rational human beings to believe that?

Now you devote your lives to nothing and expect some rewards for doing so.
Pray to the sky and have the delusion to think your prayers are answered. Commit your sins them request forgiveness but have never seen it forgiven from anyone.

Can you see the stupidity of all that rubbish?

Educate yourself, because frankly this is ignorant. He was profoundly beaten and close to death even before He was crucified.

You had to have been there. The Roman soldiers were gruff but they were not the torturing monsters that the writers made them out to be.

So what? People have survived worse.

Now, if you take the Fairy Tale of Jesus seriously, then it is plausible that they could have taken him down early, because they thought he was dead and he got better. The bible does say that they were in a hurry to take these guys down because Passover was coming and it was bad form to have crucified Jews around when the Jews were celebrating their deliverance from another evil empire.

But the more likely explanation. Early Christians just made this stuff up to give their God-man an exciting backstory.

Did he rise from the dead?

He probably didn't, almost certainly didn't and yet Christianity is here anyway.

Better question would be "What if Jesus was Shaun of the Dead?"

He did rise from the dead and the effort to discredit this fact has been the impetus behind discrediting this fact for 2021 years.

Is there any evidence he rose from the dead?

And when I mean "evidence", I don't mean anything that would prove Harry Potter was real.

So you're high
No, I'm at work. I don't use drugs of any kind other than those this body now requires due to aging. I visit this site in between rounds and during my down time. I know the truth of Jesus but you wouldn't believe me if I told you the whole story. Do you know what silphium is ?

No, I'm at work. I don't use drugs of any kind other than those this body now requires due to aging. I visit this site in between rounds and during my down time. I know the truth of Jesus but you wouldn't believe me if I told you the whole story. Do you know what silphium is ?

I am very skeptical of any man, of any religion, who claims to know the "whole story" and have the entire truth. That goes for women as well. So no thank you.

I am very skeptical of any man, of any religion, who claims to know the "whole story" and have the entire truth. That goes for women as well. So no thank you.
Do you know what silphium is ? I sold it in one of my lifetimes. I got around a lot. Had some interesting experiences along the way.

Did he rise from the dead?

He probably didn't, almost certainly didn't and yet Christianity is here anyway.

Better question would be "What if Jesus was Shaun of the Dead?"

I always had this idea for a Zombie Bible Movie...

It would start with the quote from the Gospel of Matthew before the title card..

27:51 And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 52 The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53 and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

Then we get the title!

1634383092262.png

The movie will revolve around Roman Soldiers trying to kill off Zombie Jesus and his followers, and when they finally prevail, one of them says, "Gee, Titus, I hope no one starts a religion over this crazy shit."

I always had this idea for a Zombie Bible Movie...

It would start with the quote from the Gospel of Matthew before the title card..

27:51 And behold, the curtain of the temple was torn in two, from top to bottom. And the earth shook, and the rocks were split. 52 The tombs also were opened. And many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised, 53 and coming out of the tombs after his resurrection they went into the holy city and appeared to many.

Then we get the title!

View attachment 552459

The movie will revolve around Roman Soldiers trying to kill off Zombie Jesus and his followers, and when they finally prevail, one of them says, "Gee, Titus, I hope no one starts a religion over this crazy shit."
Thank you for the laugh ; people take all this religious stuff way too seriously. It's not healthy for anyone, especially them.

Forum List

Back