What If Jesus Never Rose From The Dead?

Christianity means followers of Christ. If there were no Christ there would be no christianity. What was the world like in those days. Before Christ and his teachings? Do you think it was full of mercy and grace? Man made the laws. The king or the head guy had the say over your life/your family's life. Do you think man just naturally gets better and better with each generation? LOLOL

I would say you started out with a faulty premise... That Christianity only existed because Jesus rose from the dead.

Because clearly telling people to love their neighbors and treat people the way they want to be treated only has resonance if a Zombie tells you to do it. Apparently.

When in fact, it's quite the reverse. If Jesus existed at all, the miracles, including the resurrection, were tall tales that got bigger with each telling.

The thing about the New Testament is that it isn't arranged in the order it was written. The first books that were written were the epistles, which don't talk about the resurrection, the virgin birth, or the miracles.

Then you had the Gospel of Mark, which is actually kind of laid back, and in it's original form, only had an empty tomb, no resurrected Jesus.

The Gospels of Matthew and Luke came next, both of which were heavily borrowing from Mark, but the miracles come fast and furious.

Finally, you have the Gospel of John, written last, with a lot of the supernatural stuff in it, like Doubting Thomas and such.

So the question should be, "Would Christianity exist if Jesus didn't rise from the dead" and should be "Why did the people who created Christianity need a resurrection to sell their story?"

I only asked the OP question because would Jesus still be remembered if He didn't rise from the dead, or would He just be another man who died on the cross and forgotten about?

That Jesus myth lie has been debunked six ways from Sunday. But even though it's been debunked, every few years atheists and anti-Christians try again to throw that against the wall to see if it will stick. I'm sorry but no historian worth his salt denies that Jesus was an actual person who walked this earth. There are numerous historical sources, outside the bible.

Actually, the historical sources are questionable.

First and foremost, we only have copies of these sources because Christians preserved them. Nobody has seen an original manuscript of Tacitus's Annals or Josephus' Antiquity of the Jews, we have copies that are written down and copied.

Furthermore, early Christian writers don't reference these works.

Third, even if you take these sources at face value, they were written decades after the fact by people who had never met Jesus personally.

But let's take another JC who lived about the same time, and what do we know about him. Yes, I refer to Julius Caesar. We know the dates of both his birth and his death. We have contemporary sources for his existence. We have evidence of his life, from the battles he fought to the Calendar he invented.

The "sources" for Jesus don't really have such accuracy. You can't tell me the day he was born. Luke and Matthew contradict each other by about 10 years. You can't tell me the day that he died. The date gets placed anywhere between 27 and 33 AD. You have not one contemporary account or proof of his existence.

Because he died in order to redeem us from judgement which would be complete and utter death or hell.

Think back to Noah. No Savior there except for God's hand of saving 8 people to repopulate the earth. Noah...the last righteous man on earth. How does the bible describe the world before the flood and why did God judge the earth with the flood?

Without getting into the whole explanation of why the Flood is a myth, I want you to think about it literally.

The purpose of the Flood was to destroy evil in mankind, God kills nearly everyone on earth and all the animals to boot, and he still doesn't manage to prevent evil.

Whether one wants to believe Christ rose from the dead or NOT, you cannot deny the impact that a young man 30 years of age, who never travelled more than 300 miles from his home had on the world that has lasted for 2000 years. Many attempts to wipe out judaism and christianity have failed each and every time.

My opinion: Not so you would want to be here. There would be no victory over the grave. No eternal life with Christ. Everyone would face judgement and damnation. There would be hell on earth such as in south africa without any of the good stuff. There would be killing and war, fire and death, horrific treatment of women and children...and men for that matter. Life would be worthless. Life would be ugly and short. That is the worst.

The best would be that mankind would have destroyed itself and the earth before now.

Um. Okay. there are 8 billion human beings on Planet Earth right now. Of those 8 billion, only 2 billion believe Jesus did Magic Tricks.

It seems most of the world gets on just fine without Jesus.

Without getting into the whole explanation of why the Flood is a myth, I want you to think about it literally.

The purpose of the Flood was to destroy evil in mankind, God kills nearly everyone on earth and all the animals to boot, and he still doesn't manage to prevent evil.

man chooses evil. Men love the dark more than the light. Satan had infiltrated everything. It was satan's attempt to destroy God's creation.

For those who don't believe in Jesus or the fact that He rose from the dead, then what are you doing in this thread? I'm sure that WillHaftawaite would ask you exactly the same thing.

Personally..............I like debating theology.
Mainly because so far in my adult life of debating theology, NOT ONE PERSON HAS EVER GIVEN ME ANY ROCK SOLID PROOF of anything they've said.

ANYBODY can write words on paper. A N Y B O D Y.
But it takes a gullible fool to believe what was written, without demanding proof of facts.

Because he died in order to redeem us from judgement which would be complete and utter death or hell.

Think back to Noah. No Savior there except for God's hand of saving 8 people to repopulate the earth. Noah...the last righteous man on earth. How does the bible describe the world before the flood and why did God judge the earth with the flood?
WHERE is the proof that Noah was ever a real person?
WHERE is the proof that "the flood" ever happened?
WHERE is the proof that this god exists?

So far, there is none.

Would Christianity still exist? (Thank the Lord He did btw.) I know it's kind of late after Easter to be asking this question, I'm just curious.
Certainly not. That's the way the Da Vinci Code would have it.

The lame walked, the deaf heard, the blind saw, the dumb spoke, and Jesus was raised from dead, and the gospel was preached to the poor among all nations.

Personally..............I like debating theology.
Mainly because so far in my adult life of debating theology, NOT ONE PERSON HAS EVER GIVEN ME ANY ROCK SOLID PROOF of anything they've said.

ANYBODY can write words on paper. A N Y B O D Y.
But it takes a gullible fool to believe what was written, without demanding proof of facts.
Religion is based on belief, not proof. I would not expect proof when debating theology. In fact, I don't debate the tenets of any theology, just the human actions that may arise from it.

WHERE is the proof that Noah was ever a real person?
WHERE is the proof that "the flood" ever happened?
WHERE is the proof that this god exists?

So far, there is none.

you've made up your mind. so. fine.

I only asked the OP question because would Jesus still be remembered if He didn't rise from the dead, or would He just be another man who died on the cross and forgotten about?

Many refuse to believe it and yet they cannot forget about him.

The question of what if the story about the Rising of Christ didn’t happen is a good question and would Christianity exist?

Yes, because the fact is the stories about Jesus of Nazareth were created ( in my opinion ) to make Jesus equal to a Roman Emperor seeing Roman Emperors were consider divine and a mortal like Jesus could not be above a Emperor.

Frankly, there are just as many affluent places in the Non-Christian world as the Christian world... and there are just as many poor and miserable places in the Christian World

Nebuchadnezzar's babylon was the richest, greatest empire on the earth...ever...EVER....they were not christian. where are they now?

The question of what if the story about the Rising of Christ didn’t happen is a good question and would Christianity exist?

Yes, because the fact is the stories about Jesus of Nazareth were created ( in my opinion ) to make Jesus equal to a Roman Emperor seeing Roman Emperors were consider divine and a mortal like Jesus could not be above a Emperor.

hmm. for what reason?

Forum List

Back