What if Immigration Law Protesters were Black?

Samson

Póg Mo Thóin
Dec 3, 2009
A Higher Plain
Well?

I'd still think they'd look like Halle Barry.

Halle_Berry.jpg

The black anti-illegal immigration protestors, just like any other races that are protesting illegal immigration, are patriotic americans standing up for Legal Justice in america.

They know that equal protection under the law is very important, as evidenced by the civil rights struggle, and also know that by looking the other way and granting amnest/citizenship to illegal immigrants we would in fact not be being equal under the law anymore....that is the very mindset that allowed for slavery and segregation.

I find it funny too that people want to extend the rights of american citizens, under the constitution, to those who broke our laws to enter our country. They are not citizens and are not entitled to constitutional protection.

Do I blame illegal immigrants for breaking our laws? Hell no!!!! If I felt like the only way to feed my family was to violate canada's or mexico's immigration laws you better believe I'd be jumping over the border in a heartbeat.

That being said I still dont support the violation of our laws and I would not expect canada or mexico to grant me citizenship or amnesty for my crimes.

The black anti-illegal immigration protestors, just like any other races that are protesting illegal immigration, are patriotic americans standing up for Legal Justice in america.

They know that equal protection under the law is very important, as evidenced by the civil rights struggle, and also know that by looking the other way and granting amnest/citizenship to illegal immigrants we would in fact not be being equal under the law anymore....that is the very mindset that allowed for slavery and segregation.

I find it funny too that people want to extend the rights of american citizens, under the constitution, to those who broke our laws to enter our country. They are not citizens and are not entitled to constitutional protection.

Do I blame illegal immigrants for breaking our laws? Hell no!!!! If I felt like the only way to feed my family was to violate canada's or mexico's immigration laws you better believe I'd be jumping over the border in a heartbeat.

That being said I still dont support the violation of our laws and I would not expect canada or mexico to grant me citizenship or amnesty for my crimes.

I don't think amnesty would even be an option if there weren't so many hiding in the shadows. It's logistically impossible to ferret them all out, herd them all together, and ship them back over the border. So when people start screaming that they should all just be sent back home, they're not THINKING that we only have so many law enforcement people available across the country to perform all their other duties in addition to enforcing illegal immigration.

Even closing off the border is proving a great big fat waste of money because of the number of miles involved. Do we have enough border agents or even national guardsmen to patrol 3,000 miles? No.

The main reason Mexicans come here is for work, so those agri-farms that hire them need to step up and rather than hiring them illegally, use buses to go and get them, transport them over the border for planting and harvesting, then bus them back home. It's the way it used to be, so what happened? Too simple, I guess.

I dont think we should try to ferret them all out either MaggieMae.

If an illegal immigrant does something to get on the radar of law enforcement we would THEN deport them...I dont think its a good idea to send INS squads around to round em up and ship them out though.

As far as shutting down the border let me run my idea on how to do that in an economically neutral or even in a way that reduces our military budget.

What do you think about closing down all these military bases we have in peaceful countries around the world then re-deploying most of those troops to the northern and southern borders? This way we save money by closing those bases and not having to ship supplies nearly as far, plus the families of soldiers will be much closer to them this way.

Just a thought, what do you think of that idea?

I dont think we should try to ferret them all out either MaggieMae.

If an illegal immigrant does something to get on the radar of law enforcement we would THEN deport them...I dont think its a good idea to send INS squads around to round em up and ship them out though.

As far as shutting down the border let me run my idea on how to do that in an economically neutral or even in a way that reduces our military budget.

What do you think about closing down all these military bases we have in peaceful countries around the world then re-deploying most of those troops to the northern and southern borders? This way we save money by closing those bases and not having to ship supplies nearly as far, plus the families of soldiers will be much closer to them this way.

Just a thought, what do you think of that idea?

On paper, it seems like a good idea. But of course first the Pentagon would have to determine which bases are strategically necessary for whatever reason, and which could be closed by no longer being in a region that poses a danger to our national security,
then Congress would have to get involved in whether or not base closings would be feasibly and fiscally doable, then endless arguments, then... well, need I go on? In the meantime, the situation at home remains stagnant--another proverbial Mexican standoff on illegal immigration (pardon the pun).

Another reason for illegal immigration is that it takes so damned long to go through the legal bureaucratic nightmare of obtaining even a work visa before one can apply for a permanent green card, which requires sponsorship by either a potential employer or a relative who is already a citizen.

It's truly a messy situation, and I have no doubt whatsoever that any "new" immigration bill passed won't please everyone.

To amnesty for illegals as a black person I say: Hell nah.

They sent back 215 Haitians back to Haiti just a few days ago. They're pretty damn good at rounding up them and Dominicans on the Gulf but we're told it's impossible for them to stop the Mexicans? Could it be because the drugs on the border make certain people at the top too rich for them to give a damn about the people of Arizona...?

So now the people of Arizona have got some balls and decided to care about themselves. Now, I think it could have been done differently, but I don't live there, so I really can't say anything.

No doubt those Haitians probably have no home and their families are near starvation, and I'm supposed to cry over some Mexicans running over the border?

No. If your illegal in Arizona say goodbye to your families pack your shit and get ready to get moved the Hell out. They don't get any sympathy from me.

Forum List

Back