What I see this Wednesday morning.

Mr. P

VIP Member
Aug 5, 2004
South of the Mason Dixon
1. A well deserved kick in the ass for the GOP. A wake up call.
2. A lame duck two years for W and the Democrats.
3. Two years for the GOP to get it together for 08, can they do it? Will they?

I hope they’ve heard the message loud and clear.

Hope you're right and it was an anti-Republican vote rather than a pro-communist er sorry pro-democrat vote. If the later hang on to your wallet and contact a travel agent.

Excellent points, Mr. P - but especially this one:

2. A lame duck two years for W and the Democrats.

Gotta be a first in American political history - a party becomes a winner and a lame duck on the same day - LOL!

Do you realize how difficult it is to retake the house? it took us nearly half a century to take it back the last time.

I dont disagree that this is a wake up call for Republicans, but i dont think they are going to get the message. Why? Because the conservatives are the ones who lost their seats. This is going to tell them to "run to the center" not the right

Am i the only one who doesnt think we win when we lose?

Do you realize how difficult it is to retake the house? it took us nearly half a century to take it back the last time.

I dont disagree that this is a wake up call for Republicans, but i dont think they are going to get the message. Why? Because the conservatives are the ones who lost their seats. This is going to tell them to "run to the center" not the right

Am i the only one who doesnt think we win when we lose?

I'm going to remain an optimist. It is my hope that the beaten Republicans will look back to 1994 and figure out how they did it the first time...and then do it again.

I'm going to remain an optimist. It is my hope that the beaten Republicans will look back to 1994 and figure out how they did it the first time...and then do it again.

Im optimistic too. I am just pissed at these people acting like we won some great victory by kicking out the conservative republicans who were the only thing keeping us from Amnesty and looking out for conservative interests.

Got this in my e-mail. It's encouraging.

“This is a message from the voters that we really need to step up and reclaim the mantle of reform that propelled us to power 12 years ago.” —Rep. Eric Cantor

“The House has just engaged in runaway spending for far too long... [T]he one thing we could have stopped, but didn’t, was runaway spending.” —Rep. Jeff Flake

“I don’t care how many times the news programs, papers and magazines tell us the blowout last night was because of the Iraq war. It wasn’t. It was because the American public has decided that Republicans are no longer good stewards of the U.S. Congress and threw them out.” —Rich Galen

“I think a fairly good case can be made that the story of Election 2006 is more about poorly-led House Republicans losing than Democrats winning.” —John Berthoud, president of the National Taxpayers Union

“Republicans have made matters worse by abandoning the reform agenda that animated their capture of Congress in 1994 and helped George Bush win the White House in 2000 and keep it in 2004. With scarcely a fight, Republicans gave up on Social Security reform in 2005, immigration reform in 2006, and never really got started on tax reform.” —Fred Barnes

"The numbers from every corner of the country make it clear that the American people meant to send a message to their leaders, and the future of the conservative movement depends on an accurate reading of the substance they meant to communicate, and a realistic reassessment of the current state of our politics.“—Michael Medved

Got this in my e-mail. It's encouraging.

“This is a message from the voters that we really need to step up and reclaim the mantle of reform that propelled us to power 12 years ago.” —Rep. Eric Cantor

“The House has just engaged in runaway spending for far too long... [T]he one thing we could have stopped, but didn’t, was runaway spending.” —Rep. Jeff Flake

“I don’t care how many times the news programs, papers and magazines tell us the blowout last night was because of the Iraq war. It wasn’t. It was because the American public has decided that Republicans are no longer good stewards of the U.S. Congress and threw them out.” —Rich Galen

“I think a fairly good case can be made that the story of Election 2006 is more about poorly-led House Republicans losing than Democrats winning.” —John Berthoud, president of the National Taxpayers Union

“Republicans have made matters worse by abandoning the reform agenda that animated their capture of Congress in 1994 and helped George Bush win the White House in 2000 and keep it in 2004. With scarcely a fight, Republicans gave up on Social Security reform in 2005, immigration reform in 2006, and never really got started on tax reform.” —Fred Barnes

"The numbers from every corner of the country make it clear that the American people meant to send a message to their leaders, and the future of the conservative movement depends on an accurate reading of the substance they meant to communicate, and a realistic reassessment of the current state of our politics.“—Michael Medved

This gives me hope. Problem is, democrats can do alot of damage in 2 years. and amnesty is one of the things they can screw us on because the President will gladly sign it away.

This gives me hope. Problem is, democrats can do alot of damage in 2 years. and amnesty is one of the things they can screw us on because the President will gladly sign it away.

Yep - and that'll make for some seriously pissed off voters come '08 - angry enough to render Democrats and RINOS extinct. This is for all the marbles, Avatar. There are some ugly days ahead. It's war - plain and simple.

Exactly!!!

Exactly!!!

I know that many in here think that Michael Savage is to over the top........and I do have my moments about him, but........his mantra for the last several years has been...

Borders, Language, and Culture!!! If you don't protect those elements in your society/nation, your nation ceases to be.

GWB........waffled on the "fence"..........Sucked at the bipartisan "teet" of no return with a liberal party that would/will not do the same when they are in power.

But Not without the cooperation of W. And that folks IS the big question. Has W been conservative in the last six years of spending and signing whatever came his way?

The future of the GOP rests in his hands now, IMO. Will he kill it or save it?
Will he step up to the plate and hit a homer that will send the GOP back to Congress and the White house in 08, or sit the game out on the bench?

I think we'll know in the next few months.

But Not without the cooperation of W. And that folks IS the big question. Has W been conservative in the last six years of spending and signing whatever came his way?

The future of the GOP rests in his hands now, IMO. Will he kill it or save it?
Will he step up to the plate and hit a homer that will send the GOP back to Congress and the White house in 08, or sit the game out on the bench?

I think we'll know in the next few months.

We already know Bush will support amnesty, and that will do damage enough.

There's some good advice from Medved in a nutshell. The election results tell us that people are sick and tired of Washington scandals, the never-ending spending spree, and not doing what people sent you to Washington to do. The Democrats were the only alternative available. We'll soon see whether they can do a much better job, as they said over and over again in their campaigns.

Forum List

Back