What I Saw in Charlottesville and What We All Lost

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
This report was written by a retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel who served in Latin America, the Middle East, and South Korea. He and his dark-skinned Latina wife made their way to Charlottesville to join in with peaceful groups. This is well worthwhile reading and gives a totally different view of what happened as opposed to what is being spewed by the hysterical media.

I must be clear that I draw no moral equivalency between the two sides in Charlottesville. One stands for hatred and the other against. My wife and I know what side we will always be on.

The promise of democracy is not that it will always select good and honest leaders or that it will always make just and fair laws, but rather that people can seek change free of fear and violence by the state or their fellow citizens. This must be preserved. If incidents like this are allowed to continue and escalate, as I often saw in the Southern Hemisphere, people will look to the military to relieve the overwhelmed police. When the praetorians seize power, restoration of public order is almost always a proximate cause. We can’t let that happen here.

Dr. King taught us all that violence and hate are most effectively countered with non-violence and love. Sadly, we may need to re-learn that lesson.

More @ What I Saw in Charlottesville and What We All Lost

What more is there to say?

Obama did his best to undo what so many thousands of the Civil Rights movement fought, bled, and died for.

He didn't get that far, two more years and it will all be washed away.

This report was written by a retired Air Force Lieutenant Colonel who served in Latin America, the Middle East, and South Korea. He and his dark-skinned Latina wife made their way to Charlottesville to join in with peaceful groups. This is well worthwhile reading and gives a totally different view of what happened as opposed to what is being spewed by the hysterical media.

I must be clear that I draw no moral equivalency between the two sides in Charlottesville. One stands for hatred and the other against. My wife and I know what side we will always be on.

The promise of democracy is not that it will always select good and honest leaders or that it will always make just and fair laws, but rather that people can seek change free of fear and violence by the state or their fellow citizens. This must be preserved. If incidents like this are allowed to continue and escalate, as I often saw in the Southern Hemisphere, people will look to the military to relieve the overwhelmed police. When the praetorians seize power, restoration of public order is almost always a proximate cause. We can’t let that happen here.

Dr. King taught us all that violence and hate are most effectively countered with non-violence and love. Sadly, we may need to re-learn that lesson.

More @ What I Saw in Charlottesville and What We All Lost
Haha: an excerpt from this dude's link:

The rabbi told us the demonstration had been broken up, and that we couldn’t go to the synagogue now because there was a “credible threat.” He had told his congregants to leave. It was an eerie reminder that those peaceful marches of the 1960s I idealized were often accompanied by church bombings and assassinations.
Get the picture?

Forum List

Back