What I Dislike About Trump...

Some of the worst pizza I've ever had was in Little Italy

Go to real Italy. For some real pizza.

I went on a "photo trip" to Italy last April, and found some amazing pizza in Umbria at a place called Il Ristoro Del Folle, not far from the Cascata della Marmore. I don't speak Italian, and the proprietor didn't speak English, but we both spoke the international language of pizza:

View attachment 395382

I ate a lot of pizza while I was over there, and this was the best, and by a pretty wide margin...

This is also delicious.

Flammekueche
Alternative names
Flammekueche (Alsatian), Flammkuchen (German lit. "flame cake") or tarte flambée (French) is a speciality of the historic regions of Alsace, Saarland, Baden and Pfalz at the French-German border region. It is composed of bread dough rolled out very thinly in the shape of a rectangle or oval, which is covered with fromage blanc or crème fraîche, thin-sliced onions and lardons. It is one of the most famous specialties of the region.

F1030C88-AFB4-485E-A242-1ABD14DBA96D.jpeg

The only places I can get it in the US are Trader Joe’s or Lidl-German grocery store.

NY so called Pizza is a disc of limp crust oil soaked goo.
So true. In fact almost all pizza restaurants use shitty ingredients (especially in the dough) to save money. Your best bet is homemade
always if you can find the right toppings. Like I always add fennel seeds and crushed pepper to my Italian sausage, and if you can get fresh garden tomatoes and herbs, man, forget about it .

New York pizza is very, very overrated. When I lived there my favorite places to eat were in Chinatown.
NY has the best pizza
Especially Brooklyn

They use the best ingredients and do it right

Sorry but Chicago has New York CRUSHED on pizza. Good job Chicago!! :eusa_clap:
That is NOT a Pizza
It is a tomato and cheese casserole

Most homemade pizza has horrible crust. Home ovens also don’t get hot enough.
I can make thin crust, thick crust , or anything inbetween crust and I know what's in it - including 4 kinds of high quality, healthy flour, 2 kinds of expensive oil, and 3 different pizza pans for whichever kind of crust I want. All fresh ingredients usually, and deli cheese. (NY has some good cheesemakers)

And I guarantee, you do not need an 800°
oven to make good pizza- I prebake my crusts halfway- then top them.....and sometimes broil at the very end .
You are a master
I'm a god of music too, ( reincarnated from Apollo, but there's already a thread on that on the mythology board. (conspiracy theories)
I give you credit

Most home made pizza tastes like crap

Most homemade pizza has horrible crust. Home ovens also don’t get hot enough.
I can make thin crust, thick crust , or anything inbetween crust and I know what's in it - including 4 kinds of high quality, healthy flour, 2 kinds of expensive oil, and 3 different pizza pans for whichever kind of crust I want. All fresh ingredients usually, and deli cheese. (NY has some good cheesemakers)

And I guarantee, you do not need an 800°
oven to make good pizza- I prebake my crusts halfway- then top them.....and sometimes broil at the very end .
You are a master
I'm a god of music too, ( reincarnated from Apollo, but there's already a thread on that on the mythology board. (conspiracy theories)
I give you credit

Most home made pizza tastes like crap

I’ve made some good ones.

NY so called Pizza is a disc of limp crust oil soaked goo.
So true. In fact almost all pizza restaurants use shitty ingredients (especially in the dough) to save money. Your best bet is homemade
always if you can find the right toppings. Like I always add fennel seeds and crushed pepper to my Italian sausage, and if you can get fresh garden tomatoes and herbs, man, forget about it .

New York pizza is very, very overrated. When I lived there my favorite places to eat were in Chinatown.

I preferred little Italy, cannoli cream puff sugar coma (sigh)

Some of the worst pizza I've ever had was in Little Italy.

Some of the best, however, was at Lazzarra's Pizza on 38th Street. It was cheese, meatballs, Italian sausage and pepperoni on a very thin crust, and it was otherworldly. It's definitely in the top five I've ever had:

View attachment 395376
I am from Chicago, but the best Italian food I ever had was in Philadelphia. I was stationed there while in the Navy in 1973.

Forum List

Back