Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 21, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
As a kid it was Halloween, Rosh H , New Years and Hanukkah And Passover

As middle aged it’s just the super bowl

What about you

None of them really.
We dont have any kids and our Niece lives in Minnesota so it's just the Wife and I.
Holidays are more of a pain in the ass than anything else.
Even the super bowl doesn't mean all that much to me unless of course the Texans miraculously made the super bowl which I highly doubt.
We dont celebrate each other's birthday either,I just turned 57 and I see no reason to celebrate that.

None of them really.
We dont have any kids and our Niece lives in Minnesota so it's just the Wife and I.
Holidays are more of a pain in the ass than anything else.
Even the super bowl doesn't mean all that much to me unless of course the Texans miraculously made the super bowl which I highly doubt.
We dont celebrate each other's birthday either,I just turned 57 and I see no reason to celebrate that.

Trust me...the Wife and I like it like this.
No expectations and no shopping for something we would have already bought if we wanted it.
We will however buy one big ticket item on Christmas or our anniversary that we both want so it's a win win.

I celebrate St Patrick's Day, because I am Irish.
I celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day.
I celebrate Memorial Day, because the fallen should never be forgotten.
I celebrate Halloween because it is the best holiday on the calendar.
I celebrate Veteran's Day, because those who served should be remembered. (I call every veteran I know to say Thank You)
I celebrate Thanksgiving because it is a time for family.

And I have a personal holiday I celebrate in December.

Trust me...the Wife and I like it like this.
No expectations and no shopping for something we would have already bought if we wanted it.
We will however buy one big ticket item on Christmas or our anniversary that we both want so it's a win win.
Do your kids
I celebrate every day…
is Dallas very thug
It looks nice on tv

I celebrate St Patrick's Day, because I am Irish.
I celebrate Mother's Day and Father's Day.
I celebrate Memorial Day, because the fallen should never be forgotten.
I celebrate Halloween because it is the best holiday on the calendar.
I celebrate Veteran's Day, because those who served should be remembered. (I call every veteran I know to say Thank You)
I celebrate Thanksgiving because it is a time for family.

And I have a personal holiday I celebrate in December.
My birthday isn’t in December and it is in November, so stop forgetting…

Both cities have their nice areas but that doesnt mean I want to live in em.
Give me the boonies any day.
Why I moved to Austin county a few years back but the crime is gotten bad with Hidalgo in H-Town and when I was almost carjacked up in 59/Tidwell area ( I know bad area ) I made the decision I am out of here not because I fear I will die but I do not want to kill anyone…

As a kid it was Halloween, Rosh H , New Years and Hanukkah And Passover

As middle aged it’s just the super bowl

What about you

The wife's big on Christmas, which is kind of annoying. Hallmark is showing their "Christmas in July" movies, most of which are pretty dumb.

And I'm sitting on my ass in the garage. I'm hoping to work up enough ambition to go shoot up the woods for Independence Day. But I don't feel like wasting the ammo, picking up all that brass, and cleaning guns afterwards.

Do birthdays and anniversaries count? They're not holidays, but we do celebrate those.

Why I moved to Austin county a few years back but the crime is gotten bad with Hidalgo in H-Town and when I was almost carjacked up in 59/Tidwell area ( I know bad area ) I made the decision I am out of here not because I fear I will die but I do not want to kill anyone…

I lived in Austin back in the 80's. Not the same city it was back then.

Forum List

Back