What historical figures really look like will change your perception of the past

Dalia

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2016
France
I wanted to create this thread because I find it interesting to imagine what characters from the past could look like, I show the images and I give the link which is in French.

George Washington

db7ed7f1088f75dfe77323a267c8da59-70793.jpg

Cleopatra

what-cleopatra-really-looked-like-95115.jpg

Jules Cesar
GettyImages-992020258-48106.jpg

What do you think ?

Ce à quoi ressemblent vraiment les personnages historiques changera votre perception du passé

I think Washington looks a lot like Spencer Tracey, Cesar like Putin and I always HOPED Cleopatra looked like Liz Taylor.

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

I imagined Washington well this way and Jules Cesar I imagined it differently and Cleopatre also it will not have been as beautiful as everyone imagined LOL

Was Cleopatra a Jewish woman?

what-cleopatra-really-looked-like-95115-jpg.297077

It appears the image of her posted by you is far away from what is believed Cleopatra face was.

The cheek, lips and nose are not represented well, her face on the ancient bust has the appearance of a Caucasian woman, sister of Caesar, while the representation in color appears to be Jacob's sister.

Cleopatra - Wikipedia
800px-Kleopatra-VII.-Altes-Museum-Berlin1.jpg

To make things worst, there is a claim that her bust made in ancient Egypt has been discovered, and in this bust she looks like a real Egyptian woman

Bust of Cleopatra - Wikipedia

800px-ROMpiccleo.jpg

220px-Bust_of_Cleopatra_VII_-_Side_Profile.jpg

Cleopatra's name was Greek
Cleopatra's family was descended from the Macedonian general Ptolemy, who had picked up Egypt in the shareout after Alexander died. But 250 years then passed before Cleopatra was born – 12 generations, with all their love affairs and secret assignations.

Was Cleopatra a Jewish woman?

what-cleopatra-really-looked-like-95115-jpg.297077

It appears the image of her posted by you is far away from what is believed Cleopatra face was.

The cheek, lips and nose are not represented well, her face on the ancient bust has the appearance of a Caucasian woman, sister of Caesar, while the representation in color appears to be Jacob's sister.

Cleopatra - Wikipedia
800px-Kleopatra-VII.-Altes-Museum-Berlin1.jpg

To make things worst, there is a claim that her bust made in ancient Egypt has been discovered, and in this bust she looks like a real Egyptian woman

Bust of Cleopatra - Wikipedia

800px-ROMpiccleo.jpg

220px-Bust_of_Cleopatra_VII_-_Side_Profile.jpg
Yes, there is a lot of difference indeed, me either I did not imagine Cleopatra this way ... it would be necessary to do more research

Forum List

Back