What has the Republican Party done for this country in the last 20 years?

Stainmaster

Rookie
Apr 15, 2010
Southern California
When I saw this utube, as an independent, I thought it was unfair to Republicans. I think we at USMB can make it's own list.

Political Irony Shortest List Ever — Republican accomplishments of the last 20 years

I would like to start it off;

1). Republicans passed legislation in Arizona that will push the immigration question with Mexico into the news, and hopefully force some kind of resolution.

2). Republicans took bold steps in the last days of the Bush administration to stave off economic collapse.

3). Republicans got something going for national security by creating the Department of Homeland security.

Last edited:
20 years?

Hmm..

1990-2010 right?

Bush's were the only one's in Power.. You really want to talk about what they've done?

apart from being Neo-Cons?

• Banned
20 years?

Hmm..

1990-2010 right?

Bush's were the only one's in Power.. You really want to talk about what they've done?

apart from being Neo-Cons?

Wikipedia, Neoconservatism is a right-wing political philosophy that emerged in the United States of America, and which supports using American economic and military power to bring liberalism, democracy, and human rights to other countries. Consequently the term is chiefly applicable to certain Americans and their strong supporters. In economics, unlike paleoconservatives, neoconservatives are generally comfortable with a welfare state; and, while rhetorically supportive of free markets, they are willing to interfere for overriding social purposes.

The term "Neocon" or "Neoconservative" are new terms to me, and I find the definition surprising. Neocons sound like moderate Republicans or Blue Dems.

At any rate let's add to the list of Republican accomplishment for our country in the last 20 years.

The two best accomplishments were Roberts and Alito.

Oh, I was also a big fan of dropping the very first bomb of the Afghan Campaign right smack on the brand new ChiCom built Telco facility in Kabul. When the ChiComs complained about the loss of human life our response basically was "did you think we were kidding"? The main reason I liked the choice was the message it sent to our enemies, the ChiComs who were listening in on AQ and never bothered to give us a heads up on what was coming.

The GOP Congress balanced the budget under Clinton. They impeached the bastard as well, making a Democrat the only president to be impeached in this century.
Bush understood that the present situation is a new "war by other means" rather than the police action Clinton wanted to treat it as.
Ditto on the Supreme Court nominees.

Remind us what Democrats have done, other than raising taxes, extending civil rights to terrorists, pissing off our allies, emboldening our enemies, raising taxes and wrecking the economy with new mandates.

expanded government, created more entitlements, started more useless wars, stripped civil liberties, gave more loopholes and powers to large companies

expanded government, created more entitlements, started more useless wars, stripped civil liberties, gave more loopholes and powers to large companies

I think the OP was about Republicans. But if you'd like to start one about Democrats you have my permission.

When I saw this utube, as an independent, I thought it was unfair to Republicans. I think we at USMB can make it's own list.

Political Irony Shortest List Ever — Republican accomplishments of the last 20 years

1). Republicans passed legislation in Arizona that will push the immigration question with Mexico into the news, and hopefully force some kind of resolution.

2). Republicans took bold steps in the last days of the Bush administration to stave off economic collapse.

3). Republicans got something going for national security by creating the Department of Homeland security.

Whatever the negatives of the Republican Party......and the overthrow of the Baghdad Monster is NOT a negative.....the Obamarrhoidal Party with the MARXIST Muslim PC Protgector Obami Salami at the head......can NEVER do anything better. Except for Gates, (and I'm not sure he is an Obamarrhoid), there isn't a single Obamarrhoid that doesn't deserve to be flung into the nearest toilet bowl and flushed.

good topic.....you should read this...

http://www.brookings.edu/papers/2000/11governance_light.aspx

..... it is difficult to give any single president, party, or Congress the primary credit for launching and maintaining more than a handful of the endeavors. Only nine of the endeavors can be credited primarily to Democratic presidents, and just five can be credited to Republican presidents. The rest span Democratic and Republican administrations. As a result, even though Democrats controlled Congress for the vast majority of the past fifty years, only six can be tied to unified party control of government. Almost by definition, government's greatest endeavors reflect a stunning level of bipartisan commitment, whether reflected in repeated raises in the minimum wage or the ongoing effort to contain communism. Great endeavors appear to require equally great consensus.

The GOP Congress balanced the budget under Clinton. They impeached the bastard as well, making a Democrat the only president to be impeached in this century.
Bush understood that the present situation is a new "war by other means" rather than the police action Clinton wanted to treat it as.

Remind us what Democrats have done, other than raising taxes, extending civil rights to terrorists, pissing off our allies, emboldening our enemies, raising taxes and wrecking the economy with new mandates.

Republicans spent 40 million dollars of taxpayer money, endless hours of investigation and
"impeached" Clinton for getting a blowjob. Yea, that really helped the country.

Richard (Watergate) Nixon avoided impeachment. So did Ronald (Iran Contra) Reagan.

Wait a second. Did you say "pissing off our allies"? You know they thought Republicans were more dangerous than North Korea?

world10a.jpg

This isn't Democrats. This is our allies:

The survey has been carried out by the Guardian in Britain and leading newspapers in Israel (Haaretz), Canada (La Presse and Toronto Star) and Mexico (Reforma), using professional local opinion polling in each country.

It exposes high levels of distrust. In Britain, 69% of those questioned say they believe US policy has made the world less safe since 2001, with only 7% thinking action in Iraq and Afghanistan has increased global security.

The finding is mirrored in America's immediate northern and southern neighbours, Canada and Mexico, with 62% of Canadians and 57% of Mexicans saying the world has become more dangerous because of US policy.

British believe Bush more dangerous than Kim Jong-il | UK news | The Guardian

Gawd,
You guys are dumb. Delusional and dumb. The worst possible combination.

In all honesty, I'd have to say BOTH sides have been enormous disappointments in the last 20 years, and politicians in general during that time have become largely useless.

Republicans "achievements":

Passed a "Fascist" law that will end up being unconstitutional.

Economic policies which caused the collapse - Republican policies.

Department of Homeland Security, even though every terrorist plot has been stopped by the FBI or the CIA. Still wondering what they do.

Don't forget the success that is Iraq. They even sent our president "gifts":

bush-shoes.jpg

Then they put up a monument:

art.iraqshoe0129.cnn.jpg

It must be part of "America Appreciation Day" in Iraq. Iraqis showing us the love. And so many.

article-1078747-0229A7D8000005DC-423_468x286.jpg

article-1078747-0229D7F3000005DC-532_468x645.jpg

I think the OP was about Republicans. But if you'd like to start one about Democrats you have my permission.

are you on drugs?

expand government - dhs, expanded dept of education, energy, and a number of others, created more IRS agents and duties, faith based initiatives

created moer entitlements - medicare part D

useless wars - iraq I && II

stripped liberties - patriot act, fisa updates (warrantless wiretapping), monitored all emails and phone conversations in the country, "free speech" zones, etc

loopholes - you really want to argue this one?

got sometihng to say besides deflection now?

all yall should really read the article i posted from brookings.....or you can keep making stuff up.....

The balanced the budget for a while. Course, they threw that out the window eventually too.

Reformed Welfare

Kept us alive

Gave us a few uncorrupted politicians, which is more than the other party which gives us no uncorrupted politicians. Again, they still need some work but it's still a better record.

Let us keep more of our money.

All and all, Republicans just need to stop being Democrat lite and actually govern as Republicans and we will see alot of positive changes in this nation.

Republicans spent 40 million dollars of taxpayer money, endless hours of investigation and
"impeached" Clinton for getting a blowjob. Yea, that really helped the country.

Richard (Watergate) Nixon avoided impeachment. So did Ronald (Iran Contra) Reagan.

Wait a second. Did you say "pissing off our allies"? You know they thought Republicans were more dangerous than North Korea?

world10a.jpg

This isn't Democrats. This is our allies:

The survey has been carried out by the Guardian in Britain and leading newspapers in Israel (Haaretz), Canada (La Presse and Toronto Star) and Mexico (Reforma), using professional local opinion polling in each country.

It exposes high levels of distrust. In Britain, 69% of those questioned say they believe US policy has made the world less safe since 2001, with only 7% thinking action in Iraq and Afghanistan has increased global security.

The finding is mirrored in America's immediate northern and southern neighbours, Canada and Mexico, with 62% of Canadians and 57% of Mexicans saying the world has become more dangerous because of US policy.

British believe Bush more dangerous than Kim Jong-il | UK news | The Guardian

Gawd,
You guys are dumb. Delusional and dumb. The worst possible combination.

Yeah, and Clinton SHOULD have been impeached. He had the following choice:

Get blowjobs, or Kill Bin Laden. He chose the first one.

oh...sure they did. they spent 70 million dollars investigating a president over a failed land deal and ended up with a blue dress;

took a surplus and ran our economy off of the cliff;

got us into a war of choice in iraq and failed to properly pursue the appropriate targets in afghanistan....

only leader in recorded history to cut taxes during war time;

spent millions of dollars on useless abstinence only education; and

and that's without even starting with terry schiavo and the other rightwingnut lunacy.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

oh...sure they did. they spent 70 million dollars investigating a president over a failed land deal and ended up with a blue dress;

took a surplus and ran our economy off of the cliff;

got us into a war of choice in iraq and failed to properly pursue the appropriate targets in afghanistan....

only leader in recorded history to cut taxes during war time;

spent millions of dollars on useless abstinence only education; and

and that's without even starting with terry schiavo and the other rightwingnut lunacy.

Are you really that misinformed or just plain out stupid?
DOn't answer that because we both know the answer is BOTH.

The president was impeached for "high crimes and misdemeanors", the same bill that Nixon was impeached on. He engaged in behavior that would have gotten any ceo in this country fired (see, Stonecipher, Harry). He was disbarred over the incident. Do you get disbarred for getting a blowjob? Ask one of the lawyers you clean up for.

The Republicans under Newt were responsible for passing the balanced budget. The economyu went off a cliff when Democrats got control of Congress in 06.

Won in Iraq while Obama shows every sign of losing in Afghanistan. How's that war going for ya?

And the federal gov't spends "millions of dollars" on virtually nothing so your criticism is misplaced.

It isn't like they weren't busy, ya' know.

They gave very wealthy people terrific tax breaks.

They neutered the SEC such that Goldman Sachs could rip off its own clients.

They got us involved in two land wars in Asia.

They turned around the budget such that we started massive deficit spending again (and now Obama is showing them how it's really done!)

Now, it's the democrats turn to screw things up.

I have every confidence they'll be no less successful in doing that than Bush II was, either.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back