What Happens when DC Shuts Down???

Dems will finally realize they have to cut spending
The Democrats know that spending needs to be cut. The issue is what spending.

I believe the first place to start deeply cutting is at the Pentagon. I believe the Military Industrial Complex should be cut off at the knees. Next is the emerging Law Enforcement Industrial Complex which was fostered by the wholly counterproductive War On Drugs. That needs to go -- especiallly the booming prison construction industry.

But the Republicans want to cut Social Security and Medicare. I say Obama should defy them. Let them do that. Then Obama should respond as President of the People, go on the six o'clock news and name every sonofabitch in the Congress and Senate who votes to do that. Because that will be the end of the Republican Party and we'll be rid of the "blue-dog" Democrats, too.
But if Obama does hold out I am confident the Republicans will back down. They aren't stupid enough to turn the entire senior voting population against them -- which will include senior Republican voters. There would be landslides of historical proportion.

The Social Secrity Administration won't go broke for another 30 or so years. That should just about do it for me. Still needs some tweaking for those that follow and I'd like for it to happen soon. The Dems have their collective heads buried, by a charitable description, in the sand on this.Medicare will go broke in about 8 years without adjustments. Both the Big 0 and the Ryan Budget cut Medicare by 500 billion over roughly the same period. The Big 0 makes no changes to the actual program except to make it so unacceptable to doctors that none will accept new Medicare patients. His cuts are to subsidize Obamacare.

The Ryan Budget changes the structure of Medicare to extend its life and make it self supporting.

The Dems again have their collective heads sequestered away from fresh air.

Doing nothing is still doing something when the cause desparately needs a solution. During the 70's a popular phrase was, "If you're not a part of the solution, you're a part of the cause."

This has never been more true than right now.

Sorry you actually believe that Soc Sec isn't broke.. You probably also missed the theif of the original $2Tril or so that they pillaged. When outflows exceed inflows --- it's broke. We are right there now. The games that are being played about "interest payments" from the Treasury are for dupes who believe there are REAL BONDS (accent on real) in the Trust Fund and that the treasury is kicking in MORE than is require to balance the SS books. All a gigantic fiction to further perpetrate a fraud....

It won't "shut down".
There is enough reserve finances to carry through for several months. And when that runs out, they still will have 70% of their income coming in as it always has - your income tax receipts.
I think a 30% cut in expenses is in order.

Forum List

Back