What happens if Biden resigns?

The German Fuhrerette ...

Poland is in danger to lose democracy and to become an autocratic state as it is in the Ukraine. And while Poland gets the most money from the European Union at all it is the same time the worst enemy of the European Union. I'n sure without the EU you would be in the same situation as is the Ukraine.

Perhaps you personally should try to bring you racism under control and to start to think about what you say on what reason. The patience with Poland and Hungaria is not very high anymore within the other nations of the European Union. Autocratic and corrupt political systems are not able to be members of the EU.

And undear USA - your totally stupid fights against the EU - for example your well known manipulations in context of the Brexit - will produce very bad results for the whole western world including the USA.

Last edited:
Ford was already VP after Agnew resigned.

Not true. Spiro T. Agnew resigned on October 10, 1973 and the vice presidency remained vacant until December 6, 1973.

Gerald R. Ford succeeded to the presidency on August 9, 1974 and the vice presidency remained vacant until December 19, 1974. Following succession to the presidency after the resignation of Richard Nixon in 1974, Gerald Ford nominated Nelson Rockefeller as vice president, as prescribed by the Twenty-fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Rockefeller took the oath of office in the Senate Chamber on December 19, 1974.

There is no "vote to confirm". If Biden resigns, Harris is President.
There is no vote to confirm for Harris becoming the president, but there is for whoever is nominated to be the new VP. See post #162. When a president dies or is removed via the 25th Amendment or an Impeachment followed by a conviction in the Senate, there is a line of succession. BUT - as in Nixon's case, when none of those are employed then the VP becomes the prez and the new VP has to be confirmed by a majority vote in the House and the Senate.

That was before the the 25th Amendment.

Ford's appointment to the vacant VP office was AFTER the 25th Amendment, but anyway the 25th Amendment was not used in his case. Gerald Ford was appointed by Nixon and approved by the House and the Senate a few months AFTER Spiro Agnew resigned.

Everybody should understand what this means. If Biden resigns for health reasons or for any other reason, Harris WILL become the president. I don't see much difference really in the gov't , with one very big difference: once she becomes the president, the office of the vice president is vacand until whoever she nominates for that position is confirmed by a majority vote in the House and the Senate. And THAT is a very good thing for every non-democrat, because it means there is no VP to cast a tie-breaking vote in the senate for the Dems. So unless some asshole RINO votes with them, they can't pass ANYTHING in the Senate.

Which probably means that Biden isn't going to resign unless his doctors tell him he's gonna die if he doesn't. And the crazy bastard might not resign even then.

Last edited:
Ford's appointment to the vacant VP office was AFTER the 25th Amendment, but anyway the 25th Amendment was not used in his case. Gerald Ford was appointed by Nixon and approved by the House and the Senate a few months AFTER Spiro Agnew resigned.

Everybody should understand what this means. If Biden resigns for health reasons or for any other reason, Harris WILL become the president. I don't see much difference really in the gov't , with one very big difference: once she becomes the president, the office of the vice president is vacand until whoever she nominates for that position is confirmed by a majority vote in the House and the Senate. And THAT is a very good thing for every non-democrat, because it means there is no VP to cast a tie-breaking vote in the senate for the Dems. So unless some asshole RINO votes with them, they can't pass ANYTHING in the Senate.

Which probably means that Biden isn't going to resign unless his doctors tell him he's gonna die if he doesn't. And the crazy bastard might not resign even then.

Congratulations! You went the long way around the barn, but you finally agreed with my original statement;
"Ford was already VP after Agnew resigned."

The 25th Amendment covers more than just the incapacitation of the President. You really should try reading it.
Maybe you should too. It states:

Section 2​

"Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress."
This section explains what happens when there's a vacancy in the office of the vice president. When a vacancy occurs, the president is the one who nominates a new vice president. However, before that person can become vice president, they need to be confirmed by a majority of both the House of Representatives and the Senate. When all seats in Congress are filled, a majority vote requires at least 218 votes in favor from the House of Representatives and 51 votes in favor from the Senate.

Use

Section 2 of the 25th Amendment has been used twice. The first was on October 10, 1973, when Vice President Spiro Agnew resigned. Two days later, President Nixon nominated Gerald Ford to be vice president. Ford received majority votes in both the House of Reps and the Senate and became the new vice president on December 6.

The second time was when President Nixon resigned and Gerald Ford became president, leaving the office of the vice presidency vacant. On August 20, 1974, he nominated Nelson Rockefeller, who was confirmed by Congress and sworn in on December 19.

"Ford was already VP after Agnew resigned."

You do know that Ford didn't become the VP until almost 2 months after Spiro Agnew left office, right? He wasn't "already" the VP, he had to be confirmed by Congress.

That's all I'm saying.

Last edited:
Maybe you should too. It states:

Section 2​

"Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress."
This section explains what happens when there's a vacancy in the office of the vice president. When a vacancy occurs, the president is the one who nominates a new vice president. However, before that person can become vice president, they need to be confirmed by a majority of both the House of Representatives and the Senate. When all seats in Congress are filled, a majority vote requires at least 218 votes in favor from the House of Representatives and 51 votes in favor from the Senate.

Use

Section 2 of the 25th Amendment has been used twice. The first was on October 10, 1973, when Vice President Spiro Agnew resigned. Two days later, President Nixon nominated Gerald Ford to be vice president. Ford received majority votes in both the House of Reps and the Senate and became the new vice president on December 6.

The second time was when President Nixon resigned and Gerald Ford became president, leaving the office of the vice presidency vacant. On August 20, 1974, he nominated Nelson Rockefeller, who was confirmed by Congress and sworn in on December 19.

You do know that Ford didn't become the VP until almost 2 months after Spiro Agnew left office, right? He wasn't "already" the VP, he had to be confirmed by Congress.

That's all I'm saying.
Reading is not your strong suit. My post referred to the fact that Ford was already VP when Nixon resigned. You seem to think I am wrong, but I am probably on one of the few people on this forum that taught the US Contutition. We actually agree, but you can't seem to wrap your head around that.

Reading is not your strong suit. My post referred to the fact that Ford was already VP when Nixon resigned. You seem to think I am wrong, but I am probably on one of the few people on this forum that taught the US Contutition. We actually agree, but you can't seem to wrap your head around that.
Yes, Ford was was already VP when Nixon resigned, but he was NOT already the VP when Agnew resigned, which is what you posted in #131 and #165. Yeah, I think you were wrong, and BTW I can do without the snide comments.

Yes, Ford was was already VP when Nixon resigned, but he was NOT already the VP when Agnew resigned, which is what you posted in #131 and #165. Yeah, I think you were wrong, and BTW I can do without the snide comments.
Huh??

He didn't say Ford was VP when Agnew resigned. How could he have been since we only have one VP at a time. He said, "Ford was already VP after Agnew resigned."

Forum List

Back