What happened to the $15 minimum wage?

It was left in when the House passed it. The Senate will strip it out as the Biden administration expected it would. The relief bill will be passed
but the minimum wage bill will be taken up again as a separate item. The relief bill wasn't the bill to drop it in. Needs a larger economic discussion.

Old Joe and the Ds lie just like Don and the Rs, but the msm ignores one. Joe campaigned hard on this, but now drops it. Duped again.

$15 minimum wage not allowed in Biden's Covid relief bill, Senate official says

And I'm sorry, The Squad won't fight for working people??? Who was raising money for relief efforts for Texans when they were without power and clean water?..oh yeah..AOC..a representative..from NEW YORK.
And who was off vacationing in Cancun while there were millions of people in the dark? :)

It wasnt legal to have minimum wage in the relief bill. They knew that but didnt care. Just like every other thing those corrupt douchebags come up with.
I have to assume, the MW will be brought up again.

It really was in the wrong bill.
Well, could a min wage EVER be in a tax/spending bill?

Ironically, the gop contends that only deficit reduction or allocations from where revenue comes from can be in reconcilliation package, but there was nothing about deficit reduction in the Trump/McConnell tax cuts ... they were argued to be "stimulus," as in supply side. A min wage increase would be "stimulus," but its obviously not "spending." So probably min wage never fits in reconcilliation.

But is this the dems' one and only shot at taxes? I think they have to live with the elimination of SALT deductions, but damn Bezos is making so much profit from not paying workers and getting tax concessions from states that he has to have an ex-wife literally giving it away. And while the dems blew up the deficit with the latest stimulus, that's a one and done expenditure that is literally OVER with by Nov.

And the gop's revenue reduction act just increased the structural deficits that occur annually in perpetuity. What about the cap on Medicare taxes? What about this "surcharge." What about long term cap gains for the 1% who own over half the equites? I mean I don't see how a 5-10% increase on any of that stuff actually reduces how much the economy grows in terms of new demand for goods and services.

So the Democrats put it in the wrong bill on purpose because?
They were trying the waters.

My guess is the House knew it couldn't get through the Senate and now they can claim they tried and it didn't go. I see the Dems just running excuses, no different than the GOP, two big parties that love to lie to their base and the base lets them get away with it.

My guess is the House knew it couldn't get through the Senate and now they can claim they tried and it didn't go. I see the Dems just running excuses, no different than the GOP, two big parties that love to lie to their base and the base lets them get away with it.
Watch as the $15 MW now disappears. Same old bull shit by the two criminal gangs.

They knew it never had a chance. Its illegal. Or against Senate rules, rather. Not sure if there is a difference.

They knew it never had a chance. Its illegal. Or against Senate rules, rather. Not sure if there is a difference.
Just politicians pretending they care.

Old Joe and the Ds lie just like Don and the Rs, but the msm ignores one. Joe campaigned hard on this, but now drops it. Duped again.

Has to be passed on it own or in another bill and could not be put into the Covid bill...

Not going to happen. The Ds have total control. Where is the Bill for $15 MW? Just more lies. They must appease their bosses, the billionaires and big corporations.

Has to be passed on it own or in another bill and could not be put into the Covid bill...

Not going to happen. The Ds have total control. Where is the Bill for $15 MW? Just more lies. They must appease their bosses, the billionaires and big corporations.

It will not happen because Blue Dogs will not bow to the Progressive or DSA part of the Party nor should they seeing Minimum Wage should be a State to State issue...

Forum List

Back