What happened to rep notifications?

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
Just starting today my regular notices that someone has repped me stopped coming in.

I checked the Options where Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages was checked, as it should be, and has been since I joined (I haven't even been into Options to change anything since then). But the notifications have stopped. Looks like I missed four messages. They're not even in my "List Messages" folder if I go looking for them. Nothing. And there's plenty of room in that folder.

Is anyone else seeing this?

My Options list seems to be changing itself. When I took the trouble to manually thank a rep, I got:
"Your options are configured to accept private messages only from your contacts" --??

I've never set it that way. :confused:

Have I been hacked?

Went into Options again for status check, and the previous fix was holding, but then "limit public messages to contacts and moderators" had checked itself and had to fix that.

PM test checks out -- I am able to receive and send PMs and they do show up in my folder. Not sure about rep notices yet. Will have to wait until one comes in.

Guess I'll have to say something profound to earn a greenie.

What should I do, tell a joke? Okay...

Nine hundred million Chinese walk into a bar....

Now I got a rep notice, first one today after missing four.

I can't tell if it popped up as it should, as I happened to be in the messages folder when it came in.

Just starting today my regular notices that someone has repped me stopped coming in.

I checked the Options where Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages was checked, as it should be, and has been since I joined (I haven't even been into Options to change anything since then). But the notifications have stopped. Looks like I missed four messages. They're not even in my "List Messages" folder if I go looking for them. Nothing. And there's plenty of room in that folder.

is your message box full?

is your message box full?

No, as I said there's plenty of room.

So they seem to have resumed, for the moment at least, based on one.

I got one last night at 8 minutes after midnight, so 2014 did check in, but the next four this morning never showed up. The only way I found out about them was my CP "Latest Rep Received" list. :dunno:

Last edited:
A site bot just sent me this:

Your email address has been bouncing. As a result we have disabled any email related notifications including the following:
* auto email subscribe
* receive admin emails
* receive email friend requests
* email on new PM

-- could this be related?
Perhaps my e-mail account was hacked, although it's not set to receive notifications. Or shouldn't be.

A site bot just sent me this:

Your email address has been bouncing. As a result we have disabled any email related notifications including the following:
* auto email subscribe
* receive admin emails
* receive email friend requests
* email on new PM

-- could this be related?
Perhaps my e-mail account was hacked, although it's not set to receive notifications. Or shouldn't be.
This is the culprit. Our system will stop sending out notifications when user set email notifications begin to bounce. I believe after 3 it shuts down.

Looks like you are ok though. PM me if you have any more issues

...I got 9 in a row!

...just for sayin' "Happy New Year!"

Thanks to all!

....and have a great 2014...stay healthy...get happy...and don't sweat the small stuff! (In the end...it's ALL small stuff!)

Forum List

Back