What happened to American TV and society in the early 2010s?

JakeWIlls92

Gold Member
Apr 6, 2014
Back in the early 2010s people at "History" and "Discovery" hit the "Idiot Button".

05YEM5p.jpg

There was also no show on TV with space travel in it from 2010-2014.

Why We Need More Space Adventures

Now the excitement for space has come back!

Back in 2011-12 many in society saw human spaceflight and even space exploration as an "anachronism".

To Infinity and Beyond

KtT2DOR.png

Society also seemed more superficial and conformist. Reality TV was all the rage. People who watched fantasy shows and "Battlestar Galactica" were seen as "People who live in basements".

IDK. I haven't watch History Channel (which I used to call the Hitler Channel because he was on it so much) once they started the transition to the doomsday disaster shows. deadliest Catch is about the only show I have watched regularly ever in Discovery and I just DVR it and wait til a rainy day.

However, IIRC around 2010 was when Jersey Shore took over everything and there was a race to the bottom to out trash the trash in reality TV

Back in the early 2010s people at "History" and "Discovery" hit the "Idiot Button".

I never could figure out where they found men and women who didn't even know each other to agree to go out to Borneo in the deep wild with snakes, alligators and poisonous spiders, and talk them into staying there a week surviving on their own in sweltering heat, air and ground full of bugs, in front of a TV crew living butt naked 24/7.

Likewise for The Orville. A pretty good show I used to love to watch, after two successful seasons on Fox, they took it off the air and made you buy Hulu to see it so fuck them.

Forum List

Back