What happened to American Television?

All I watch TV anymore is for local news and weather. The rest of it is pretty much crap.
Both TV and Cinema have become obsolete. Cable TV and streaming has changed the way entertainment is delivered.

The content has also changed because it is possible to target entertainment to specific audiences as never before. However, within a given genre, say action adventure which appeals to the pollical left and right, young and old then there will be content conflicts. Maybe sometime in the future we will be able to select a title and and select content changes to fit beliefs and desires of various groups. For example, for a selected move, make it G, PG or R, include or exclude certain political content. This may be possible when CGI dominates entertainment.

T
I remember when both the History and Discovery Channels had shows on military stuff, space, and the future.

ow6a9PY.jpg

Now it is all redneck shit.

Why was society so excited for science and technology back in the 2000s?
The problem is poor writing, rising costs and the easy dependence on reality tv.

Radio unfortunately is going the way of the Buggy Whip and if you're lucky they will be in the Museum of Relative SHIT that used to be down real close to the Tree Museum...
I think radio in one form or another will remain. People like to hear music, news, weather, and sports when they are driving, going to sleep, studying or otherwise occupied.

Forum List

Back